Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-23, 09:41 PM  
bfit

Is It OK to Walk in a Triathlon instead of Run?

I used to enjoy short (mini) triathlons from time to time, but now I can't run any more since I broke my foot almost three years ago. I can still bike and swim. My husband (not a triathlete) says its perfectly fine just to walk instead of run, but I always thought it was kind of unethical to enter a running event with no intention of running a single step because you're just taking a space away from someone else and clogging up the running route. If you have to slow down and walk because you're starting to hurt that's one thing, but I would feel weird just walking the whole way. What does anyone else think?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-23, 11:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

click on the tag of this thread, and there's another VF thread with the same question.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 10:09 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

My SO does tri's - he is a strong swimmer and biker - but does the "old man shuffle" for the run. He only does the ones when the run is a 5K. He has back, ankle and feet issues. Enjoy the triathlon and have fun - I admire anyone who does them.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-23, 10:37 AM  
hypnomoon

Consider a 'sprint triathlon':

What is the sprint triathlon?

Formally, a sprint distance triathlon consists of a 750m swim, a 20k bike, and a 5k run. If you look around your local scene you will find that many races will advertise varying race length distances for a “sprint” triathlon. These distances can vary from a 300m pool swim to a 30k bike, or a mile run.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-23, 06:38 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Absolutely! Do whatever makes you happy.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
triathlon