Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-23, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Pahla B - taking lessons from Cee!

I was a long time fan of Pahla's for a number of years until I realized her workouts were part of the reason my lower back, hip and SI joint hurt all the time. Nevertheless, I still liked her and would still sometimes watch or listen to her Q&As, etc.

Anyway, I got this e-mail from her today - maybe I'm a tad sensitive, but I didn't like the tone of this. I mean, if you want to clean up your e-mail list you could send out an e-mail saying that and asking people to confirm their subscriptions to your list.

Here's the e-mail....

Maybe it’s the “end of the year” energy, or the new moon, or the fact that it’s been an entire year since I pivoted my business to full-time life coaching, but I realized recently that I’m all done.

I’m done with worrying that I’m too intense (because I absolutely am, and I love that about me).
I’m done with holding myself back from telling you what I do and how I do it (because my book is a brilliant step-by-step instruction manual for changing your weight and your life, and my coaching group is the definitive transformation that you’re struggling to create on your own).
I’m done with hiding from my zone of genius (which is holding your virtual hand while you feel your f*ing feelings instead of stuffing them down like you’ve been doing your whole life).

​I’m a life coach.

It’s my job to challenge you.
It’s my job to help you change.
It’s my job to love you fiercely and not believe your excuses.
It’s my job to show you that you’re worthy and deserving of having what you want.
It’s my job to break you out of your invisible cages and set you free.
It’s my job to teach you how to lose weight for the last time, and then help you create a delicious life for yourself.

​And I’m all done doing anything else.

If you’re only waiting around for me to go back to what I used to do, or who I used to be, it’s time to be all done.

​Click here to stay on my email list, or do nothing and be removed.

It’s time to get your goal in 2024, love. Let’s go.

I'm not staying on the list - I may have but for this e-mail which to me seems a bit off putting, at least to me.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 09:51 AM  
sherry7899

You are not overly sensitive.

I am laughing at "zone of genius." Seriously?!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 09:59 AM  
Leonana

Well, she thinks a lot of herself lol. You’re not too sensitive, she’s out of line. I do think they get a lot of rude pushback. However, that’s social media, and it’s probably the minority. You don’t punish the majority for the trolls. I also wonder if her business isn’t doing well, although a scolding email is a good way to make it even worse. Instead of taking some constructive criticism, she’s blaming everyone else.

I think Jessica Smith is a good example of how to handle things. Listen to the feedback, but don’t take it personally. Be confident in your business decisions and don’t chastise your customers if they don’t like it.
Old 12-11-23, 10:14 AM  
donnamp

Well, I just unsubscribed from her You Tube channel.

I personally think there was a better way to handle it - an e-mail saying "as you may have noticed, I have changed my focus, if you wish to remain on the mailing list...." blah, blah, blah.

She does seem to think highly of herself - "genius" and her "expertise" in menopause is the same as mine - going through it/gone through it.

I agree that there are so many instructors who are so much more gracious - like Jessica Smith who seems to be making the workouts she believes in but without alienating people who don't want to go in that direction.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 10:16 AM  
bubbles76

How can one be a life coach sounding like that lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 10:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Wow. That sure was some e-mail. I'm not even sure what to say but if I was on that e-mail list I would be going off it too. Jeez these instructors. You're right, DONNA, just state that you're going in another direction and if you want to remain on the list fine. If I haven't already I think I'll unsubscribe from her youtube channel too.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

That's an abrasive message. From what I've read at VF, Pahla's subscription is ridiculously expensive anyway.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 10:46 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

That ought to go over like a ton of bricks.

I'm glad I never subscribed to her channel or emails. She deleted some of the workouts I had bookmarked, which is no great loss to me.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 11:25 AM  
furmomof6

Wow, did she really use the "F" word?? You're not being overly sensitive, that entire email would turn me off. Nice God complex she has there. What will the rest of us do without her as our life coach? LOL

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-23, 11:30 AM  
laurajhawk

I don’t think I got that email, but I just unsubscribed from her channel. I don’t need to be scolded by people who don’t even know me.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructor behaving badly, pahla bowers