Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-23, 07:50 AM  
Rhonda

Working on the the lower body. Want to add in more barre/pilates to keep the core strong (or get it strong).

I think I need to do less cardio and concentrate on weights more. throwing in the boxing workouts.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-23, 10:28 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I'd like to follow Jessica Smith's rotations on her AAP. Start with BUILD, then CONDITION, and hopefully make it to Lift & Shift by the end of the year.
I would like to do something similar with Jessica's workouts.

When the warm weather returns I also want to get back to regular outdoor walks. I'm a wimp about cold weather so I have just been doing shorter walks w/ my dog since it got a little chilly. But in the later part of this summer I started doing outdoor walks in the morning and it really boosted my spirits.

In addition to Jessica Smith I will sprinkle in some Ellen B, Jessica Valant, Classical Stretch, Trifecta Pilates, etc. So more or less, the usual for the coming year! But I like the idea of working through Jessica's series on the AAP as a main focus.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-23, 10:37 AM  
sherry7899

I will continue daily yoga and meditation also.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-23, 02:46 PM  
star117

I also want to start Pilates again - at least once a week. I also want to add Classical Stretch and QiGong at least once a week each. If anyone has ideas on the best way to to that, please share!.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-23, 03:21 PM  
warriorprincess

I rarely have much of a plan. I have a loose goal of doing all the Cathe workouts that I haven't done yet. Will no doubt repeat STS 2.0 more than once. And continue with adding in barre and flexibility training on those lower energy days.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-23, 02:21 PM  
red1013

For the past couple of months I've been really into doing cardio/upper body one day, cardio/lower body the next. Mostly Cathe for the strength stuff. I think I'll keep on with that for a while, but try to add a bit more ab work in.
Old 12-05-23, 06:37 PM  
donnamp

I think for January I want to try to maximize the use of my subscriptions.

So, thinking along the lines of:

2 Jenny Ford Workouts - if the UK series is available - One Marching/One Step

3 days of strength/Pilates - using Trifecta Pilates/Jessica Valant mainly

1-2 days of Fusion - Ellen/Jessica Smith

Add ons of extra walking, stretching, mobility - using either subscriptions, DVDs or You Tube.

I think that may be doable!

Donn
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-23, 07:39 PM  
furmomof6

My goal for 2024 is just to be consistent, even if it's only a 10 minute workout some days. I also want to get back to walking daily when the weather is okay.

Donnamp - that sounds like a good plan!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-23, 11:56 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I've been doing 2 or 3 weight workouts and 2 or 3 barre/fusion/pilates/longer Essentrics/yoga workouts (switching up weeks) and attempting 5,000 steps a day (the 8,000 steps was just too much). Then a longerish walk/jog/bike on the weekend. It has helped me to fit in workouts I've been trying to incorporate and offers a lot of variety. Plus I get up from my desk more during the workday. So I'm planning on keeping this going in 2024. I haven't lost any weight (and am doubting I will until I *ever* get through perimenopause!!) but I have noticed my legs/hips are thinner and I feel stronger.

I'm planning on renewing my Cathe Live, Ellen, and Essentrics subscriptions. I'm not renewing Jessica's AAP though. I may add KCM's subscription since I'm absolutely loving her stuff again lately. I also have been trying to do a longerish yoga once a week, so I've been doing my older Tara Lee yoga DVDs and Rodney Yee yoga DVDs. Going to keep those up for sure. I've got to find some beachy youtube yoga for January!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-23, 12:01 PM  
bubbles76

I want to get through my HUGE collection. Ideally, I'd like at least three strength workouts a week, two cardio, and one longish yoga. But I'm unsure how that strength should work. I like my traditional strength, but also have a lot of untried barre, pilates, and bodyweight work that could count as strength. So if anyone wants to help me build a rotation, I'm all ears
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$1 per workout, challenges, fitness goals, goals, new year goals, new year resolutions, plans, rotations