Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-10-22, 08:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Ran 50 minutes on the treadmill and earlier swam about 25 minutes. Gosh I forgot how good it feels to jump into cool water in the summer heat. Very refreshing.

Jbliff so it was almost cold at your outdoor concert? Wow. Hopefully you had a sweater. So nice to be able to be outdoors though.

Vannie sounds like you are getting good and personalized care for your foot problem. Hang in there. Are you able to run now? How about other
high impact?

Ok who has watched Better Call Saul? I am watching it now. What did you think of it? I find it weird and confusing at times.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 08:49 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a couple of walks with DH (around 80 minutes) + 35 minutes of yoga. Last night we also went to another outdoor concert which was a ton of fun.

Karjoy - The evening weather here has been so nice. I wore a long-sleeved shirt so I wasn't too cold. I haven't watched Better Call Saul or Breaking Bad so I can't provide any commentary about the show .

Vannie - I hope you are doing OK.

Cher - How is your sister doing?

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-22, 08:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Very hot here so I had another refreshing pool swim. I was in a land close to the water aerobics class and they seemed to be having so much fun. I have seen water aerobics instructors teach from the pool deck but this lady was in the water with her students. It started out cloudy but the sun broke through a few times. Ran 30 minutes also. We had a nice rain last night.

Jbliff glad you have access to so many outdoor concerts, especially in nice weather. Just being outdoors is a lift to the spirits.

Cher are you at the cabin this weekend?

Vannie how is your weekend going?
Old 06-11-22, 08:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I've been engrossed in my organizing project. I actually got to the point where I could start putting DVDs & VHS away so I did A-C yesterday and D-G today. It takes a lot longer than it seems like it should! I wanted to keep going tonight but H is huge with so much Tony Horton and Brett Hoebel. I can't stop in the middle of a letter and have already been staying up way too late so wouldn't let myself start. Cyric will be ecstatic when everything is put away so he can have more attention!

I've never watched Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. Not even a few minutes! Hubby saw some of Breaking Bad and told me I wouldn't like it. That was good enough for me! I've never even been interested.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 08:39 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was another long walk with DH in the morning and upper body strength training + pilates in the afternoon.

Karjoy
- In the summer we have several free outdoor concerts a week, all within a few blocks of our house so it's been really nice to walk there and back with our lawn chairs.

Vannie
- Organizing always takes way more time than seems possible, doesn't it.

It's going to rain almost all day today, but we need the rain so I'm happy with it.

Old 06-12-22, 09:29 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, it really does! I'll be so happy to have it done though. We finished the basement in I think 2013 or 2014 and all the workouts I acquired since then just kept getting put wherever there was room. It will be so much easier to find a workout once they're organized!

Karen, I never answered your question about running. I haven't stopped bc of my feet but my motivation has just been non-existent this week so I never even worked out. As far as my feet, I have gone through my shoes and pulled out 5 pair of boots and shoes off the bat that I suspect are too small and two pair of wedge sandals I haven't worn in ages. Since I shouldn't really wear high heels I can easily part with those. I rarely wear sandals anyway so I'm not wasting my limited heel time on those!

Wednesday is my chiro appt so I'm really hoping to get his take on it. The records are a little confusing bc in two places he says it's hallux limitus and in two he says hallux rigidus. Both are the big toe joint but they're different degrees of degeneration. Also in both diagnoses the joint has at least some limit to mobility but I have full ROM. The rest says substantially elevated first metatarsals. There is surprisingly little on the internet for the last part!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-12-22, 09:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I had a nice swim today and this afternoon went to a bike event put on by our local Tri club. We learned how to change a flat tire and insert a new tube and do some basic maintenance. Very very helpful and I learned a lot. Bikes are pretty damn technical. Our teacher was an expert and very helpful.

Heat index was 107 here today. Almost unbearable just to walk outside. Glad I have a treadmill!

Vannie I’m interested to see what your chiropractor says as well. Good for you for getting rid of shoes that might be bothering your feet.

Jbliff I cannot believe we have heard nothing else from Cathe about the new STS.
Maybe she is building another new set or something or maybe it is really hard to find music.
Old 06-13-22, 10:02 AM  
JBliff

Rest day for me yesterday. It rained most of the day but the rain was nice and gentle so it was great to sit inside and read.

Karjoy - The last STS 2 update was April, and Cathe did say she is doing a whole new set and there were lots of moving parts. Sometimes she doesn't post again until they're filming so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Vannie
- Good job with paring down the shoes. I have so many shoes I really should just donate since I haven't worn them in years (they're dressy shoes and I'm mostly wearing jeans these days) but they're so pretty that I keep hanging on to them!

Old 06-13-22, 09:54 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Got in my swim today and some UB with Cathe band. I’m such a slow and challenged swimmer that I will need to swim most every day till the Tri on July 4. Oh well, it’s great for UB.

We have a heat advisory tomorrow with heat index to be about 108. It was beastly today too. So very thankful for my treadmill. My running buddies are now starting at 0500 and it is like a swamp.

Speaking about getting rid of stuff my DH took an old leather couch and some blinds down south of here to a huge recycling center. They have to unload stuff themselves and Ben said it was ferociously hot and dusty. He was so glad to get back into AC!
Old 06-13-22, 10:37 PM  
Vantreesta

We have a beat advisory tmrw with expected heat index of 103. It was very stormy all morning today and apparently we got 1-2" of rain in the first hour.