Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 06:51 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Various routines from Margaret Richard's Triple Threat Lower Body, finishing with my own stretches.

Carolyn: Hope your move goes smoothly. Definitely save the new Jessica DVDs for when you can give them your full attention!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I have to be short, will try to catch up in a bit. Here's my yesterday:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D6
~ Lee Holden Qigong Flow for Beginners
~ 3,929 steps
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 10:03 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Karen Voight - Pure & Simple Stretch (Floor Stretch practice)

Beth, travel safely to Boston and enjoy your visit with family.

Carolyn, you'll be happy once you get moved. I know what a hassle it is to pack up and move!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 06:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

This morning featured….
~4 km beachfront trail walk
~Jessica’s Total Body Strength Training: Total Body 48 - I liked this one, modified a couple of moves.
~Jessica’s Stretch & Relax: Recover

I just got back from a heavenly 90 min massage. It’s been a long time and I have missed them!

ETA Have fun with your family Beth!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning! Man, I just can't shake off this fatigue. Maybe current events has something to do with it. Anyway, I made it a nurturing kind of day and enjoyed some quiet time reading after my routine:

~ Ellen Barrett Gentle Barre
~ Kassandra Bedtime Yin Yoga
~ Some time in supported cobbler's pose and child's pose
~ 3,712 steps

I loved Ellen's Gentle Barre! Even the music was perfect. And it got a little tough for a gentle workout.

Oh Pam it sounds like you're having a wonderful time. A beach trail, how fantastic - two perfect places to walk.

Beth, I hope everything went well at the graduation. When I bought the tickets there was no mention of yoga.

Carolyn, good luck with your back and the moving. Are you being severely affected by the drought? I saw a news program on how Las Vegas is ripping up all lawns by city ordinance. When I lived in Phoenix, even back in the 80s having a lawn seemed like a silly waste to me. I'd walk by some houses with beautiful xeriscaping, then a lawn struggling to live with the aid of sprinklers constantly going. And they smelled bad.

Good morning Paine, Sandra, Cyana, Margot and anyone who joins us today!
Old 06-03-22, 08:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - I looked in on the nest, can't believe how fast these chicks mature! I kept rooting for the runt to muscle in there, he was off on the side crying for food and mom kept feeding the alpha one. Finally Little Downy went clomping over and elbowed Alpha out of the way and got fed.
Old 06-03-22, 09:08 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I will be so happy when this work day is over - death by massive Excel spreadsheets this week!

Waves to ALL. Safe travels to Beth.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 10:05 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Presence Through Movement: Yin Yoga with Kim Eng (Yin Yoga 2 poses practice)

I will go on a neighborhood walk with my grandson this morning. He begs me to go for a walk and it's nice to get more walking into my day.

Pat, last year we had our front yard and backyard lawn removed and replaced it with artificial turf. We love it and it always looks beautiful. No watering, which saves water usage.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 11:08 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

I'm getting behind! It's been a busy week in the garden.

Tuesday:
- Jessica Smith Split Upper Body
- HealthBarre - 30 minutes no prop flow
- 2 hours in the garden
- Beth's Yoga for Resilience. It was just what I needed at the end of the day. I loved the use of the blocks. Thank you Beth.

Wednesday:
- Bellyfit DOTM Freedom to Bloom. Another nice easy breezy 20 minute class with just 2 short Vinyasas at the end.
- ETV Gail's 45 minute class
- Neighbourhood walk
- 1 hour gardening

Thursday was a bit of a rest day:
- Long walk on our nearby common
- 1 hour gardening

Today:
- NSD - a free mini dance fitness class
- Jessica's Fusion Core Strength & Stretch with gliding discs
- Gardening for 3.5 hours.

Pam - Thank you for starting us off. I misspelled Ellyn's name. I meant Ellyn Ochs is becoming one of my favourite ETV instructors. I do like Ellen Barrett as well though. Your massage sounds wonderful. I could do with one right now!

Pam and Pat - I notice Alice is having a 35% off sale on all her workouts to celebrate National Health & Fitness Day in Canada. I thought I'd buy her newest 2 20-minute classes. However, the code didn't work for me this morning. I'll have to try it again later.

Pat and Paine - Thank you for the link to the Osprey nest. I'm really enjoying peeking in every day and seeing how they are getting on. It was a real treat when Mama stood up and I got to see all 3 of the baby chicks. I do hope they all survive.

Pat - I'm glad you're enjoying Ellen so far. Some of her workouts seem too easy but then surprisingly feel a lot tougher when you get to the end.

Paine - I think it's great that your grandson wants to go walking every day and taking an interest in nature. I know I always feel better for getting out into the fresh air.

Sandra - I really enjoyed Jessica's upper body split. It's my next favourite after her Fusion one.

Carolyn - Take care of your back when moving and when you finally get settled, you'll have Jessica's new workouts to look forward to.

Beth - Hope your trip goes well. I'm sure it'll be lovely to catch up with your family.

Cyana - I did a lot of research before buying my glasses. I agree, the reviews are mixed but like with anything you buy, some are better quality than others. I went with these and am really pleased with them so far:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They come with a mini torch and test card, so you can see how they block the light and also a mini screwdriver. They're also lightweight and comfortable to wear. I'm not sure how flattering they are but then who's looking! ;-)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-03-22, 07:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello & happy Friday!

Today was a rest day of sorts, but I needed a little gentle movement…
~BellyFit Recharge & Renew

Margot - Yes, I do like Ellyn’s live workouts on ETV. My autocorrect wants to misspell her name too. I couldn’t resist Alice’s new 20 min offerings at the discount. The one I did today was fun. I like to support her because I do love BF & she’s my neighbour. I haven’t done Jessica’s Core Strength & Stretch but I did enjoy Full Body Flow with the gliding discs. I’m very happy with her new set.

Pat - I hope you get some R&R this weekend!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote