Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-22, 09:24 PM  
Donna D

Since the beginning of April I have used Instacart curbside pickup. Many of the items are not marked up, some are marked up $.30 per item.

If I spend $1.50 extra per shopping trip it is well worth the money to me. My lower back and feet often bother me. Having someone else shop for me is a huge help - not walking in the parking lot and the store makes a difference in my day. Much easier just to unload the groceries when I get home.

I have never had a problem with the orders. Before you submit the order you are asked to approve any substitutions or disapprove their recommendation.

Plus -it is a timesaver!

Edited to add - Instacart does not honor in the in-store coupons in their weekly ad. If the savings does make a difference I will run into the store for 1 or 2 items. The Tops Market I shop in offers "young at heart" day on the first Tuesday of each month, a 6% discount. This discount is only offered inside the store.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 07:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Since the beginning of April I have used Instacart curbside pickup. Many of the items are not marked up, some are marked up $.30 per item.

If I spend $1.50 extra per shopping trip it is well worth the money to me.
This is what I do. Both DH and I are immunosuppressed and take medications that further suppress our immune system, so I got in the habit of doing curbside pickups during the worst of the pandemic. After I got used to it, then I have just continued doing it. I spend a lot of time identifying substitutions or marking items no substitutions and I get what I want. When I don't, it's because they ignored my instructions and I get my money back. With my husband's many eating sensitivities, it works well for me, especially since I often have to go to multiple places to find exactly what I want. (Whether picking up or going in person - it's always been that way for me.)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instacart, off-topic