Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-22, 07:15 PM  
gigi

Well, I started Iron Series again today. I just did Day 1. I have to go a bit easy on myself as I was in a car accident in February and had a lot of trouble getting back to my regular fitness routine and it was a stressful year with a new job, a longer commute, and my mom and dad's health.

Now that school is out for the summer, I hope to really stick to Iron Series and have at least one day devoted to cardio and maybe short cardio workouts on some Iron days. I'd love to be ready to do Fuel by the time school starts. Maybe she'll have another Iron Series by then! In today's workout I used 15's for lunges and 20's and 25's for the rest. I did use a 30 for some of the goblet squats. I have to take a bit of extra rests to rest my lower back. I also have to be mindful to keep a tight core.

For those that do lunges and are strong with them, my back foot often gives out before my front leg does. Any ideas on how to prevent that. Today was much better though.

Last edited by gigi; 06-04-22 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fix typos
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 02:38 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Angela, it sounds like you're doing really well in the face of a lot of challenging things -- good for you! I, too, struggle with my back leg fatiguing before the front on the lunges. It sometimes helps me to put all of my focus into my front leg and "make" it do the work. It becomes a completely mental challenge for me and somehow that helps me through sometimes. And, sometimes I take a rest. Like Caroline.
Old 06-04-22, 07:23 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Angela, it sounds like you're doing really well in the face of a lot of challenging things -- good for you! I, too, struggle with my back leg fatiguing before the front on the lunges. It sometimes helps me to put all of my focus into my front leg and "make" it do the work. It becomes a completely mental challenge for me and somehow that helps me through sometimes. And, sometimes I take a rest. Like Caroline.
Thanks Bee! I did day 2 today!
Old 06-15-22, 01:11 PM  
pharma_gal

Any reviews on her Fuel series? Is it a more metabolic/shred series as compared to Iron which was more if lift/muscle? What about the epic’s? Are they more metabolic? Thanks
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 02:04 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Any reviews on her Fuel series? Is it a more metabolic/shred series as compared to Iron which was more if lift/muscle? What about the epic’s? Are they more metabolic? Thanks
I’m also curious about these.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 02:59 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I've been doing the FUEL workouts as they are released. They feel pretty metabolic to me. I do go a little lighter with my weights than Caroline and I hold the dumbbells at my sides rather than on my shoulders for squats and lunges. After almost 3 weeks of FUEL I have not lost any weight, but my husband says my glutes are firmer. I am definitely feeling the DOMS there almost every day. I have been supplementing FUEL with various cardio, core work and yoga as I prefer to work out for 60-90 minutes per day. I also start out each FUEL workout with a 5 minute Cathe warmup.

I think I have some body recomposition going on right now. I usually like to concentrate more on cardio in the summer and will probably do so once I finish up FUEL. Overall, the workouts fly by and I love the 30 minute format.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-22, 10:26 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I also am doing Fuel as each workout is released. I sweat a ton with them so I feel they are more metabolic but still use heavy weights. I usually match CG’s weights as close as I can. She uses kilograms so sometimes I have to decide if I’m using 30s or 35s because I don’t have 33lbs. I think she uses peripheral heart action with these and that’s why I sweat more. Fuel is very similar to Heat. CG also said she likes to train this way for the summer.

I am enjoying Fuel A LOT. I also add on extra cardio etc. I really enjoy another YouTube account FitnessKayKay. She’s currently doing a three week summer rotation so I’m adding those onto Fuel. Or I’ll add on a half hour Courtney Anderson (also on YouTube) hiit afterwards because I also like to work out 60 to 90 minutes. I usually check what CG suggests as an add-on first and then go from there.

I haven’t lost any pounds but that’s an ongoing struggle for me so I wasn’t expecting to. I’ve done all of CG’s Epics, Heat, Iron and all of her shorter week long rotations so I’m maintaining my strength gain and building that. I just keep working on my strength and the pounds will eventually go away, right?! Sigh. 40s are awful for that at least for me.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 12:50 PM  
prettyinpink

Yesterday I just couldn’t face my full body paper workout again, so I did A Fuel Glute/Ham workout, followed by one of CG’s HIIT cardio workouts.

This particular one didn’t feel really different than the Iron Glute/Ham ones. But I enjoyed it enough that I’m thinking about how I can work some of Fuel into my routine. Not six days per week, but maybe alternating with my other weight workouts, or maybe alternating weeks.

The music seemed better than Iron. I was irritated with Iron music near the end. Then I did a few barre3 workouts that used one of the same songs, and realized that must be part of it, that I had already heard a couple of them a bunch even before starting.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 11:55 AM  
MARIKA

Smile

I just finished Day 18 of the Iron Series and I can't say enough! I think this program is awesome and its FREE!!! Im really going heavier with my weights than I ever did. The workouts are short enough that I can really push myself through the torture.
Old 07-27-22, 10:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just did Iron Series #29 today. One more to go. I really liked this series, although sometimes there isn't enough time between sets to change my weights and get set up again. The glute workouts are the most challenging for me to navigate because getting into position for the hip thrusts and my odd combination of weights is awkward. Plus in #28 glutes the exercise rep/set scheme was different from what were outlined in the notes. I write all the exercises on my whiteboard in advance and it really threw me off.

I do not know what i am going to do after the last Iron series workout. It was nice to have a program to follow but I think I will take a break from Caroline for now.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, girvan, peripheral heart action, youtube channels, youtube instructors