Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-03-21, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Well, I feel like an old person today. My dh and I had our wedding anniversary so what had we decided to do? Buy a Laz-y-boy recliner rocker. For me! I found a great snoozing recliner that suited me, but then I've noticed my dh looking around longingly, so I suggested that we get one to replace the one we now have in our living room and which I hate. He doesn't like it either It's huge, uncomfortable and just plain-old butt-ugly. So, we walked out of the store having purchased 2 wonderful Lazy-boy recliners! How is that for an old married couple on their anniversary? The bad news is that their delivery time right now is 4-6 MONTHS! Due to Covid we're told. I wish we had our chairs sooner but it is what it is. I don't want to settle for just any old chair to get it sooner. If I pay top dollar, then I want exactly what I want even if I have to wait 6 months for it!

Just chatting here....
Chuckling about your Laz-y-boy recliner rocker and old person comment! My son bought a desk at the end of the year and he still doesn't have it yet. We think it is coming this week. Covid was the reason for the delay.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:29 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana you should have followed it up with a visit to a home improvement store ..in the evening... especially on a Saturday night. That's where we end up. Looks like quite the hangout for folks like us...the older jet set!

Anyway, I think that you found a lovely way to celebrate togetherness

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had an early dentist appointment this morning - I think when I made the appointment I was anticipating that I would be going on my way in to work - well - that is not the case (thankfully - I am loving working from home, honestly).

So, this morning's workouts so far have been:

CS 1123 - all standing for shoulders (but really, total body)
Robin/TBL - Challenge Day # 3- Posture

Both were nice workouts...I have Pahla tentatively planned for this afternoon. Was thinking about Jessica V, but I will probably go w/ Pahla.

Yesterday afternoon I did Pahla's Shoulder Friendly Cardio for my afternoon lunch break and then did a short walk w/ my doggie.

Carol - I saw that about Texas - and I share you sentiments, 100%. It seems so foolish when we are close to resolving this w/ vaccines. Another state, Mississippi? Alabama? has done the same thing. I don't see the harm in wearing masks until such time as the vaccines are more widespread. Here in MD, i have no idea when I will be able to get mine being under 65 and w/ no health conditions, I suppose I'm at the bottom of the list - which I understand, but please don't lift common sense safety precautions yet - I would prefer not to be exposed to it w/ help on the way....ugh. I hope the parents don't give you too much push back. Oh, i found both of Pahla's workouts this month to be a step up from last month's. I didn't think the shoulder friendly cardio would be hard, but she got the HR up w/out lifting arms over head!

Not sure what I want to do about Jessica's newest. If it is "advanced" I may not jump on it. I haven't been able to bring myself to do WS 3.0. But, never say never! Basically if there is not a deal for an early purchase, I may just wait it out until such time (if ever) that I feel like doing more advanced work again.

Dana - LOL! I have a stove and a microwave ordered that we have to wait on, also due to COVID. Fortunately, we have a spare microwave and our stove is usable. Ugh.

Linda - great job w/ all you have been doing!

Christine - I do love the beach in Robin's workouts. But, I think after her challenge I will re-sub to Blessful body instead - I got a discount for half off -for a month - I enjoy her stuff and she has beach scenery too. She does more of a fusion style.

Brenda - hope all is well, and not too busy, on your end!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 06:51 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Pilates Mat, Abs & Legs

I love these 15 minute clips on Youtube! I have her DVD's with the full length workouts, but it's nice to just click and stream.

Linda, how are things going with DH working out with you? I understand how you feel. My DH wanted to start working out with me again as well, so I wait until he gets home from work, which is hard for me since by then I'm usually really tired. But, I'm making it work.

Donna, I remember you liking Blessful Body. Do you know how much Robin charges these days? I don't think I'll join, but I was just curious. I checked out Pilates by Lisa and she's up to $26/mo just for the basic membership. I thought that was kind of high, but I don't really know the going rate anymore.

Dana, the most important question is... does Oliver like it??

Waves to Carol, Brenda & Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 07:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Dana, the most important question is... does Oliver like it??
Christine, when making my final selection, I mentioned to my husband that because the recliner I chose was so comfortable, it's sure to become Oliver's favorite. He was very much on my mind while shopping. Unfortunately, I won't receive it for another 4-6 months. I'll be sure to update you!
Old 03-03-21, 07:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana you should have followed it up with a visit to a home improvement store ..in the evening... especially on a Saturday night. That's where we end up. Looks like quite the hangout for folks like us...the older jet set!

Anyway, I think that you found a lovely way to celebrate togetherness
LOL Linda! We've done that and enjoyed it too! At our age, we are so much more practical.
Old 03-03-21, 09:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Define & Align - Barre Burn - 30 minutes

Loved this barre style workout - the time just flew by! Felt nicely worked out, but not exhausted or even tired from it.

I'm in a better place today. The Texas Education Agency gave schools some good guidance today and one of the Episcopal Dioceses down state has already announced that their schools will have to continue to mask. I expect that the other Dioceses in Texas will quickly follow suit. We are not a church school per se - we are independent from the church - but we are an Episcopal School.

Must run - it's evening news time and I need to make sure that we are not on it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Yesterday at lunch I did Pahla's March Workout challenge Day # 3- which was just straight up strength training.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla's Day # 4 - Power Walk w/ Balance - this was intervals of walking, a low impact exercise and a balance exercise. I like the way balance works your core!

Robin Long/TBL - Challenge Day # 4 - Mobility.

Will probably do some CS this afternoon or maybe a dog walk.

Carol - I'm glad that the Education Agency issued good guidance - hopefully things can proceed w/ students wearing masks. it is so short-sighted to take these actions now - we are close to getting things under control if everyone can be patient, continue to take precautions and, if they can, get the vaccine. Being too hasty for political gains will just prolong the time it will take for everything to get back to "normal". *sigh*

Christine - I think Robin is up to at least $24 and change now. And, Beth/Trifecta is $29. It starts to get crazy after awhile. My limit is $20 per month....maybe it is worth it to pay more if that is your main form of exercise and if you take advantage of all the other perks of the membership - but for me, I generally just want the workout calendars and the workouts. I don't really do meal plans and I have VF for my exercise community!

Speaking of outrageous membership prices, since i subscribe to Pahla's channel and her focus these days is middle aged fitness, I get a lot of other recommendations come up.

This one looks good:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxF...iWU-I-0UANHqUw

And she has a paid site, which I decided to look into - OMG - she charges $49/month. No way!!

https://www.fitfabafter50.com/

If it was $20 or something i may try it for a month but $49???

Hope everyone has a good day, waves!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 02:48 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Happy March, everyone!

I'm undecided about a workout today. Maybe a walk on the treadmill? Not feeling all that inspired while sitting here crampy. Fun times.

So... now we know what Jessica Smith's new program looks like. I'm leaning toward skipping it. I think if it was closer to a Walk Strong 4.0 I might go for it but for just weights.... as much as need to do more weight training, I already own plenty of strength workouts including hers. And I love the rotation calendars she's put out for her existing stuff. It feels weird to not do it because I'm kinda a Jessica complete-ist, as it were. If she produces it, I almost always buy it. But... I doubt I'll do it.

I'm done with all my college classes for the quarter!!! Cue the band!! None of my classes had real due dates, just an end-date to complete them, so I did it early. Now I have a month off from school and start back April 5th. Next project is to jump into painting our rental house we are renovating. So my brain will get a rest but not necessarily my body. LOL

Dana, yay for new furniture! Four to six months does feel like forever. Our new couches took 2 months and that felt like a long time.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:58 PM  
furmomof6

TBL: Pilates for Mobility

That was a nice stretch, I liked it.

Brenda, congrats on finishing the semester! Enjoy your mental break!

Donna, thanks for the info. I do miss having a calendar, and that would be my main reason for getting another membership, but I'll most likely still pass. We'll see! Holy cow on the $49/mo membership! Does she come to your house to workout with you?

Dana, I'm sure Oliver will love it! I always think about the fur-babies too when making those decisions. I'm sorry you have to wait so long to get it though.

Carol, I'm glad you feel better today.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith get strong