Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-22, 05:49 PM  
gigi

Cathe Live Lift It Split It Series

I'm really loving these workouts. Heavy enough and not repped to death. They are very challenging if you pick the right weights.

Cathe Live #421 Lift it Split It: Shoulders & Legs - I just found this to be perfect. I was sore but it was gone in a day and it was a good sore, not an "I overdid it sore." She somewhat stays in the 10 rep range but goes "off script" a bit with the reps. Kristian and Jen are with her in this workout (I hope I spelled their names correctly). There is a nice finisher with the loop bands and stability ball for the legs. I have to be careful with my shoulders and this worked them without overdoing it.

Cathe Live #346 Lift it Split It: Back and Bi's - She is alone in this one (actually the first one filmed during COVID) and the rep range is mostly 12 reps. She uses a barbell, bands with the handles, and a stability ball along with DB's in this one. I fell like the entire back was worked very well. I love the band work for the back as an added bonus (without doing a gazillion reps).

Cathe Live #420 Lift it Split It: Chest & Tri's - I have not done it yet but plan to do it on Monday.

In Legs and Shoulders, Cathe said that it is hard to do "heavier" workouts during lives because they don't have enough heavy weights for a large group, Cathe commented that she does plan to sprinkle some in here and there for variety in the future of Cathe live workouts. Yay!

Last edited by gigi; 11-26-22 at 05:59 PM. Reason: to add another comment about the back work and to correct a statement
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 07:45 PM  
tiletha444

Thanks for the reviews of this Cathe Live series. I have them in my basket to purchase using her Black Friday coupon!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 10:43 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The amount of weight they lift is plenty heavy for me. I'm not yet at the point where I have to worry about the kind of weights Cathe can lift. Progress has been slow. I may get there, I may not. As long as I move forward I'm fine.
Old 11-27-22, 11:15 AM  
star117

I'm hoping her new series is like these. Many people have given good reviews. I just don't like to stream.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 02:21 PM  
prettyinpink

Those sound good!

Is there enough time to switch out weights, or does she try to pick one or two different weights and stick with them for most of the exercises?

Maybe trying one or two will help me decide about the new series.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 07:59 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Those sound good!

Is there enough time to switch out weights, or does she try to pick one or two different weights and stick with them for most of the exercises?

Maybe trying one or two will help me decide about the new series.
I think there is plenty of time. I don't remember feeling in a rush when I had to choose different weights. She lets you set up and she will bring another pair over to switch out if she needs to. She uses mostly the same weight for each exercise. Back and Bi's moved at a faster pace then Legs & Shoulders.

I don't know if this series will be a good feel for her new workouts but I have been waiting for her to complete this live series since she filmed the first one at the end of the COVID shut down. I will stream the new workouts when they come out. I no longer own a DVD player.
Old 11-28-22, 12:12 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought all three as downloads (plus two others) with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday 40% off deal.

I did #421 Legs/Shoulders this morning and really liked it a lot! She goes slow enough to go heavy and there are 10-12 reps on everything (with drop sets sometimes).

I did #346 Back/Biceps when she filmed it and remember liking it but had to pair it with other upper body workouts. So I’m happy that it’s a complete set now.

I plan to do #419 Chest/Triceps this week when I do all three.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 01:02 PM  
rhbrand

Writing these all down to do in the next few weeks!
Old 11-28-22, 01:26 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Oops, just realized the numbers are #346, #419, and #421.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 02:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Just wanted to add here that this morning I did both #414 and #416 -- Fast and Fierce Upper body and Fast and Fierce Lower Body. Each was a half hour and they were great workouts which combined made for a good total body workout. They were more endurance than strength based, so more medium-ish weights rather than heavy.

Tags
#cathe, #cathelive, #heavy, cathe heavy weights, cathe lift it split it, cathe live, cathe live favorites, lift it split it