Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-22, 02:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Tonique Sunrise Hawaii--thoughts?

Currently debating getting this at Mary's sale--is anyone still doing these?

I don't think I could get through the 90 min workout, but the others are 45 min and 20 min. I haven't done Tonique *in years* due to the boredom/soreness/dread factor but these have that beautiful Hawaiian sun, which really is intriguing. I've been wanting to do more bodyweight stuff but I'm not sure if I could still physically do these (although I modify everything!).

Thoughts? TIA!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 04:50 PM  
prettyinpink

My thoughts are: are you crazy??!!

Only kidding, but that is what I say to myself every time I think about doing a Tonique workout anymore. In some ways I am in better shape now than when I tried them before, so part of me wants to see.

Then I come to my senses.
I came to feel dread even for her shorter ones. I never tried Hawaii, though.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 05:44 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
My thoughts are: are you crazy??!!

Only kidding, but that is what I say to myself every time I think about doing a Tonique workout anymore. In some ways I am in better shape now than when I tried them before, so part of me wants to see.

Then I come to my senses.
I came to feel dread even for her shorter ones. I never tried Hawaii, though.
Hah! I know, right? I used to like her workouts until I started doing the longer ones and those were really dread inducing!

These seem a little different from her other stuff. I don't think I've done any since the Born to Move era, and I found those utterly boring.

But the Hawaii backdrop seems like that may keep my interest. I'm still mulling it over...
Old 11-23-22, 06:12 PM  
s2546

Dread ! Dread!dread! I want to like them but I give up each time !

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 06:30 PM  
bubbles76

I have this set, but haven't tried it yet because of my knee. I really like Sylwia's floorwork dvds. I also liked Premier. Although I own them all, I haven't tried them. I think I would only do halfsies just because I wouldn't want to get bored. I think the newer ones have more upper body work in them, so that may break up the monotony of it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 06:52 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I like the Hawaii set. I haven’t done a Tonique in a few years though. But the 90 minute one on there is the first long Tonique I did and I have done it several times. I like that one. Also, I think it’s the Power of You that is one of the more intermediate Toniques with a good balance of moves. One is mostly all down dog so ugh to that. There’s at least two good 45 minute ones and a doable long one there. There’s something odd with the 20 minute one. Is it no audio commands? I can’t remember. It’s a good add-on. The scenery is good on these too.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 07:54 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Hmmm. These are all interesting! It's still a bit pricey so I'm still on the fence...
Old 11-24-22, 01:41 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Hmmm. These are all interesting! It's still a bit pricey so I'm still on the fence...
And that price for a dvd-r, too….

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sylwia wiesenberg, tonique