Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-22, 10:22 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
They probably won't/shouldn't charge you for the correction.
This was my first thought. If you are going to the same salon, I would think they wouldn't charge you after you were so careful to tell/show them what you wanted.

If they DO charge .... yeah I guess I'd prob still tip a little. Maybe 10%... 15 at most.

I'm still boggled over 8.5 hours just for color/highlights? How is that even possible? Even when I've gone to the salon for a hair extension installation (a painstaking process), color, and a cut all in one visit, the think the MOST time I've ever spent there is 3.5 hours. What were they doing in that time frame?
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 01:50 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yes the 8 hour time frame was a mind boggled for me too. TBH it would make me uncertain that the stylist knew what she was doing. The most I’ve spent is 3 and a half for foil coloring and cut and style. However I understand that since you are a salon newbie you wouldn’t have a frame of reference. The stylist knew that and should have done a better job at advising you. That said I would hope they wouldn’t charge you for correction but I would leave a small tip if it’s the same person or a larger tip if it’s someone different. I would think twice about two things—-going red is a challenge and a lot of upkeep so I would probably not do it again, and I would also look into going to a different salon in the future.

Let us know how it goes!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair, hair coloring, hair dye, off topic, off-topic, tipping hairstylist