Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-22, 06:23 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm glad you found some goodies..what caught your eye (if you don't mind sharing?)
Love me some DVD talk!
I picked up almost all of her boxing and step boxing dvds that I don’t have, TLC, step boxing, step boxing 2, cardio live, CardioFit, Total Body Kickboxing, and Meltdown. I’m late to the KCM party even though I had several of her dvds. I had the misfortune of trying Bootcamp first and then never revisited her other dvds. I took a chance on Sculpting RX recently and fell in love with her dvds (although I still haven’t revisited bootcamp). I have Illaria and a few others for kickboxing, but I really want to try Kelly’s stuff now. She does make it look more fun.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 06:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I picked up almost all of her boxing and step boxing dvds that I don’t have, TLC, step boxing, step boxing 2, cardio live, CardioFit, Total Body Kickboxing, and Meltdown. I’m late to the KCM party even though I had several of her dvds. I had the misfortune of trying Bootcamp first and then never revisited her other dvds. I took a chance on Sculpting RX recently and fell in love with her dvds (although I still haven’t revisited bootcamp). I have Illaria and a few others for kickboxing, but I really want to try Kelly’s stuff now. She does make it look more fun.
How exciting that you were able to pick so many! Whenever I click with one DVD by a trainer, I do the same thing. Try to find them all ( if I can) to see if there are any more winners in the bunch.
Hope you have fun with them.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 08:41 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Oh, this looks awesome! Has anyone tried this site, for the yoga and mindfulness practices in particular?
Prior to Alo Moves most of these instructors were part of the Cody App. I tried a free 60 day trial with the Cody App. I'm not a avid yoga person so I didn't continue the streaming service after the free trial.

The content available at that time was pronominal and it appears most of those older programs (series) are still available plus many more! Cody App often had 1 - 3 new programs a month. They had programs from beginners to extremely advanced.

If you think you are interested you should post a new thread requesting feedback from others. I think the price is very good.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-22, 08:52 PM  
carly

Dena - When you sign up for the Black Friday discount at Alo Moves they will give you the 1st 7 days free. They state that you can cancel at anytime during the first 7 days and not be charged.

"Step 2 of 3
Choose Your Plan

When your free trial ends on 11/27/2022, your account will be automatically charged for the selected plan. You can change or cancel your plan anytime.

monthly
After a 14-day free trial, on December 04, 2022, a recurring charge of $20 monthly will automatically apply.

$20 / month

annually Save 58%
After a 7-day free trial, on November 27, 2022, a recurring charge of $99.50 yearly will automatically apply.

$8.30 / month billed annually"
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 07:17 AM  
muddjeansgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Oh, this looks awesome! Has anyone tried this site, for the yoga and mindfulness practices in particular?
I had the ALO moves subscription for a year. The content was nice and varied but there wasn't an app I could install on my tv. I had to connect my phone to my tv each time and it was kind of a pain so I didn't use it as much as I planned.
But they had a nice variety of yoga, barre, HIIT etc. Most are 30 minutes but some are shorter and longer. They have programs ranging form 1 week up to 8 weeks and lots of stand alone workouts too. Variety of instructors.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 10:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hollister 40% discount online and in-store, now thru Black Friday.

i had a very good experience with them this past weekend. when their last pair of men's joggers in a certain size was damaged, they offered to call another store and reserve it for me.

i also asked about other colors that are shown online but unavailable in the stores. they said they could order it for me on the spot with free shipping to either home or store pick-up. oddly, when you go to their site, free shipping is not offered.

they have active athletic wear for men and women.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 11:22 AM  
laurajhawk

Alo Moves, formerly Cody App, has several yoga programs (multiple videos) by Eoin Finn. I bought two of them, and one or two other programs, when they used to sell access to each program separately. The Eoin programs are good and I still do them sometimes, when I remember that I have them.

More recently he’s sold videos on Vimeo, so he may not be putting new content on Ali Moves

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 11-21-22 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Caveat
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 11:54 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Prior to Alo Moves most of these instructors were part of the Cody App. I tried a free 60 day trial with the Cody App. I'm not a avid yoga person so I didn't continue the streaming service after the free trial.

The content available at that time was pronominal and it appears most of those older programs (series) are still available plus many more! Cody App often had 1 - 3 new programs a month. They had programs from beginners to extremely advanced.

If you think you are interested you should post a new thread requesting feedback from others. I think the price is very good.
Thanks for the feedback, carly, and the additional post about the free seven day trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
I had the ALO moves subscription for a year. The content was nice and varied but there wasn't an app I could install on my tv. I had to connect my phone to my tv each time and it was kind of a pain so I didn't use it as much as I planned.
But they had a nice variety of yoga, barre, HIIT etc. Most are 30 minutes but some are shorter and longer. They have programs ranging form 1 week up to 8 weeks and lots of stand alone workouts too. Variety of instructors.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I like the sound of the programs you've described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Alo Moves, formerly Cody App, has several yoga programs (multiple videos) by Eoin Finn. I bought two of them, and one or two other programs, when they used to sell access to each program separately. The Eoin programs are good and I still do them sometimes, when I remember that I have them.

More recently he’s sold videos on Vimeo, so he may not be putting new content on Ali Moves
I Eoin! Considering the low monthly price the annual fee equals, I think I may take advantage of this!
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 05:43 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
ALO has a 50% off lifetime deal for annual membership at $99.
https://www.alomoves.com/
Thank you to diggerholliday for posting this and to everyone who added info. I've never heard of alo and wouldn't have known otherwise.

I signed up yesterday and already saved a lot of classes I'm interested in. I tried one today and I liked it!

The production values are top notch and there's a lot of variety. You can filter by both 4 levels of difficulty and 4 levels of intensity. Without filtering there are 3,336 classes.

So far, it seems like a very good value.
Old 11-21-22, 09:08 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Body Groove has a deal on their Lifetime Membership. Here's the text of the email and the link (they are also having a BOGO deal on their protein shakes/smoothies - the link will take you to that as well but I didn't include that part of the email):

https://www.bodygroove.com/pages/bla...75juD2F.JsQyTa

Two AMAZING Body Groove Black Friday deals!
Over the last year our Body Groove Lifetime Membership has been a huge hit.

Lifetime members love the permanent all-access pass to the entire Body Groove library (plus the cool extra perks).

It's hands-down the best value we offer.

We’d love for you to be a Lifetime Member too, because we know it’s the best way to guarantee your success.

So, this week we’re offering a special opportunity, just for “Experienced Groovers”...

Right now, a Lifetime Body Groove On-Demand Membership is $699.

But, to reward YOU for being a loyal Body Groover, we're knocking $500 off the regular price. That means you can get a Lifetime membership for only $199.

But it gets even better...

To make it even more affordable, you can choose to make 10 monthly payments of only $19.90.

These monthly payments make it convenient and affordable to become a Lifetime Member, and they save you $500 (over 70%) off the normal price.

You’ll pay for 10 months of Body Groove, and then you’ll own your all-access membership FOR LIFE!

We think this is a fitting reward for the commitment you’ve made to giving your body what it needs to feel amazing every single day.

But here’s the catch…

There's a limit to this incredible deal.

We are only offering a total of 5,000 discounted Lifetime memberships.

It's possible that we could sell all 5,000 memberships TODAY, so take action NOW and claim this incredible discount before it's too late.

Tags
black friday, black friday sale, cyber monday, deal, sale