Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-22, 06:27 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hey, guys! Sorry so long in getting back with you all. Glad to see everyone is doing well.

The KCM roadtrip was amazing. We had a kickboxing class Friday night (which reminded me how out of shape I am!). We followed that with some snacks at the gym snack bar with her backgrounders. On Saturday we had 4 classes with KCM and then spent the evening at her home where she hosted us all for dinner and snacks and lots of laughter. Her gym was dedicating the entire weekend to a fundraiser for her backgrounder, Lori Coffey (no relation), who is fighting an aggressive form of breast cancer. All classes were full.

On that Friday a couple of other Cathletes went with me to Cathe’s gym for her Friday morning class, which was a lot of fun. Cathe told us that STS 2 filming 2 is complete. They had started on the editing process. She noted that unlike STS where some of the exercise video footage was reused multiple times, each segment in STS 2 is fresh video (obviously excluding premixes). We talked with Al as well, and he said it is a great mix of workouts. He was in our Friday morning class and the guy was getting probably 3’ of height with his vertical jumps in the cardio! Amazing! I almost took a photo of him doing it. (I needed the breather, anyway!)

Life has been hectic. Mom had a mild stroke about 5 weeks ago… DD stayed with her while I was on the RT and while I was at a work conference a week or so ago. I am grateful she was willing to help. (She’s now down with bronchitis and can’t visit Mom. I’m glad they were able to spend some time together.) Mom doesn’t necessarily need 24x7 care but she does need to be checked on in person at least once a day. She is still receiving in-home PT 2-3 days a week. Tuesday is her follow-up with her physician. I think driving will be off of the menu for a while longer. She still has balance issues and weakness. And Heaven forbid she use her cane.

Hope all is well!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 08:46 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. DH and I went to visit friends in northern Va and stayed overnight so no real workouts except for a brisk 2-mile walk on Saturday on a trail at our friends' house. We did get to eat some nice Bolivian food which DH has been craving for a while.

Gibbee - Great to hear from you and the insight info on STS 2.0. I can't believe KCM had people over to her house. That is really sweet of her. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets better soon.

Vannie - It is getting colder here too. We were at 31 degrees this morning. I think that's the coldest it's been this year.

Hi to Cher and Karjoy. Have a great day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 09:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Gibbee so good to hear from you! I saw some pictures from the KCM trip and it looked like a lot of fun. His nice of KCM to invite you all into her home. Thanks for the updates about the new Cathe workouts. They sound like they are going to be excellent. And I am sorry about your Mom having a mild stroke. Hopefully with lots of PT she will regain full function.

I rested yesterday and was going to Burn but my should were sore and achy and today as upper body so I skipped. I have always had to be careful with shoulders.

Jbliff I’m glad you had a nice weekend.

Vannie you hiked 8.5 miles! Wowza. Great job.

Waves to Cher.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 10:32 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 30 minutes on the elliptical + ICE Chiseled Upper Body using heavier weights.

Karjoy - Good call on being careful with your shoulders. My friend from northern VA hurt her shoulder going with the "no pain no gain" theory and now has to go to physical therapy for it.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 11-16-22, 09:27 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys went to Burn for legs tonight. I also went there yesterday for a Core class. They usually do a core only class every 2-3 weeks so I try to get to that when I can. 45 minutes of cord is a lot but it is always good.

We are in for about a week of pretty cold weather for us. It will be in the 30s at night and 50s during the day. Looks like it will be clear though.

Waves to all, kareng
Old 11-17-22, 09:11 AM  
JBliff

My workout Tuesday was ICE Lower Body Blast + 25 minutes of yoga. Yesterday's workout was a 45-minute walk with DH + Body Combat Invincible workout #12.

Karjoy - We have about the same temps here too, but maybe a touch colder during the day. It is kind of fun to wear coats and sweaters again.

Old 11-18-22, 10:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, I'm so sorry about your mom. Praying for a full recovery. That is so cool you got to go to KCM's road trip and her house! Wow! That would be fun to go to one of Cathe's classes too.

Karen and JB, we've got a couple of colder days today and tmrw. Currently it is 14 with real feel of -1. The high is only supposed to be 15. Tmrw the high is 17 and then we get back to upper 20s and 30s.

The trick to cold weather is just dressing right for it. I admit, when it's windy that is a little different story. But the first day I just wore two long sleeve tech shirts, a sweatshirt and a puffy vest. The second day I had to ditch the sweatshirt partway through and the third day I didn't even put the sweatshirt on. It was 24 that day, temp and real feel. The third day was at my favorite hiking place and then we got measurable snow that day so it was pretty close to a perfect birthday! Walks have been short and slow since we got back though, short bc I've been busy and slow bc it's icy.

Mon 11/7 196 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E11 Golden Desert, TV) 1st time
120 minutes (from about 8 hours of undecorating--squatting, crawling, lifting, carrying, stairs)
46 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.91 mi)

Tue 11/8 71 minutes
60 minutes (from about 5 hours of undecorating--squatting, carrying, stairs)
5 minutes (from 1 dog walks .41 mi) rainy & windy most of the day, I was lazy and we were wimpy

Wed 11/9 169 minutes
120 minutes (from about 8 hours of undecorating--squatting, carrying, stairs)
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.62 mi)

Thu 11/10 156 minutes
120 minutes (from about 10 hours of undecorating --squatting, up and down off floor, stairs)
30 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.77 mi)

Fri 11/11 81 minutes
45 minutes (from heavy lifting playing Tetris with tubs in the closet...whew!)
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.32 mi)

Sat 11/12 176 minutes HIKING TRIP
10 minutes (from 1 dog walk .66 mi)
166 minutes (from 8.56 mi hike at WRSP with hubby)

Sun 11/13 125 minutes HIKING TRIP
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
103 minutes (from 5.33 mi hike at KSP with hubby)
10 minutes (from stretching)

Mon 11/14 136 minutes HIKING TRIP
128 minutes from 5.46 mi hike at BRSF with hubby)
8 minutes (from 1 dog walk .5 mi) apparently Cyric only wanted to do his business and not actually go for a walk.

Tue 11/15 40 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.93 mi) skipped last bc working on lefse

Wed 11/16 27 minutes LEFSE MAKING
21 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.47 mi) skipped last, terrible headache again

Thu 11/17 28 minutes LEFSE MAKING
22 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.77 mi) skipped second, making lefse
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-22, 10:38 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 51 minutes of total body strength training from Youtube.

Vannie - You must be able to handle the cold well. I don't think I could walk around without even a puffy vest in 24 degree weather. Sounds like you had a good hiking trip.

Old 11-18-22, 10:57 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, it's what you get used to! I'm dying when it's like 75! We also keep our house at about 64 in the winter and I'm out every day with Cyric so I've just adapted.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-22, 06:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting today. Went to Burn for Speed and Agility training yesterday which was good but lots of high impact. I think I will walk tomorrow and run Sunday.

Vannie those hikes sound like a lot of fun. I am afraid you would never make it as a Floridian if you don’t like temps over 75 degrees! But I much prefer cold weather to warm. Wow you also got lots of steps and time on your feet undecorating and putting stuff away. When I went to Iceland a few years ago they gave us handouts on exactly how to dress (it was December) and I followed their instructions and never got cold unless we were just standing around whic was rare.

Jbliff we are having a cold spell here and I too am enjoying wearing sweaters and even light jackets. Should be chilly all weekend. Down to the 30s at night. I think I will pick and choose among the new Cathes as you indicated you would do.

I am reading a really good book. The Spy Who Knew Too Much by Howard Blum. True story about the CIA and KGB. Takes place during the Cold War. Excellent.
The truth is definitely stranger than fiction.

Waves to Gibbee and Cher.