Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-22, 08:15 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Big class last night (for the studio) - 12 students! Saw a beautiful full moon on the way home so decided to do moon salutations. Anyone catch the eclipse this morning? It was at 5:30 a.m. here, so I didn't see it.

Did the free Bellyfit routine last night - really liked that one! Also did the Neck & Shoulders routine from Yoga in the GoS and a standing Lindywell Pilates routine in my office.

Happy Tuesday, and Happy Election Day in the US!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-22, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Strong & Limber for Life (Full Body Strength workout)

I had only planned to do Margaret's upper body workout but when I finished that, I felt like doing more so I did the lower body workout.

Sandra, maybe your niece would be interested in teaching a yoga class at your gym?

Beth, I didn't see the eclipse since it was a 2:15am.

Pat, I'm thinking about you and hope your ortho appointment went well.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-22, 11:08 AM  
cyana

Paine - This YT short is for you: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/D8QjrvNMUSw . That would definitely get my attention!!!

Waves to ALL. Need to get back to work, but I had to share that short with Paine for a giggle. I voted absentee. I don't know if we can still vote absentee for any reason, so I checked the box for Elderly (OMG !). Alas, I DO qualify for that designation, according to the ballot!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-22, 01:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, thanks for the laugh! Moose can be aggressive and can attack people. That's one reason I didn't like going for outdoor walks in Alaska (moose and bear).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-22, 06:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Barlates Lower Body 50/20 Resistance Loop - This was a good one, all on the mat, 22 min non stop. DH thought Linda was trying to kill him, lol.
~Calf/foot exercises & stretches
~My usual long stretch session, added some shoulder stretches to the mix

Beth - Nice class number! I want to check out your moon salutations class. I want to do the free BF workout, but I’m not sure my foot is ready for it.

Paine & Cyana - Loved the moose video! They are magnificent and intimidating creatures.

Pat - I hope your appt went well.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 08:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, the free BF workout wasn't very impact-y, but still, you should take it easy on your foot! I actually just posted a moon salutes in chair short on YT; maybe your foot would be up to doing that.

cyana, wow on the moose video!

Paine, glad you are not at risk of moose run-ins any longer.

My regular Tuesday class at the studio had just 4 last night, still a good class though. Plus there was a beautiful full moon both nights and I saw it this morning, too.

Happy Wednesday, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-09-22, 10:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! The ortho was great, they took x-rays and everything looks good as far as bones. He's not even ordering scans for now. I'll be setting up my PT appointments in a few minutes.

I made it back to work with one crutch this morning, so I'll be getting some enforced steps in. So my debut workout will just be getting through today!

I'm SO FAR behind here - waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 07:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday -- another day I snuggled into my recliner and listened to the rain.

Today's Workout: The Chuze Gold class. The instructor only had two advance signups today, but luckily four others decided at the last minute to join in. The instructor and I agreed that the "Gold" name might be offputting for some, which is too bad because everyone who actually takes the class seems to love it! The instructor also told me that she expects more classes to be added soon, probably after the first of the year. I'd love to see a Pilates class!

Pat58: Glad the ortho appointment went well.

Paine: I wondered if my niece might be interested in teaching at my new gym, but I don't honestly think so. For one thing, right now she is teaching exclusively at one studio (although they have two locations). Also, though, she is shifting her attention to creating and presenting special programs, workshops and retreats! For example, she does monthly children's programs and sound healings. Besides being more lucrative, they allow her to express her creativity. I don't honestly think she is looking to teach any more classes.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 10:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays activities:
~Jessica’s Barre Fitness: floor barre
~Ellen’s Sleek Side Body
~Calf/foot exercises & stretches

Sandra - Sounds like your niece has found her niche!

Pat - I’m glad your appt went well & hope you can start on the road to recovery!

Beth - I might try the BF freebie in a day or two. I have to be on my feet at bit tomorrow so maybe on the weekend.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 10:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, take it easy and let yourself heal! I actually did the 2nd Embodied Goddess routine, "Flow Like Water" tonight. I liked the first one that I did a couple of weeks ago better.

Pat, hope you continue to heal!

Sandra, I'm surprised that "Gold" would scare people away - it's not like it's called Golder Girls Fitness, LOL!

In addition to Embodied Goddess, I did a lower body routine from Blogilates today.

Oh, Linda sent me a PM to tell me her surgery is tomorrow - send her good vibes!

Follow me @YogiBethC