Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-22, 03:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, haha-- your sleep story wasn't too scary.
Thankfully I don't have anymore post-event blues.
I hope you find some new shoes you love. Let us know what you bought.

Pam, I meant to tell you that I liked the preview of the SeniorShape Lower Body Strength workout on the mat, so I bookmarked it. Thank you for sharing the link!
I think it's great that your DH exercises with you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 10:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s meager activities:
~BellyFit: Freedom to Bloom, first 15 min + 5 min rebounder walking - that’s all my foot would tolerate.
~Foot & calf exercises & stretches
~Long hip, leg, & QL focused seated stretch

(((Pat))) - So sorry you are in pain! I hope you were able to see your doctor today.

Paine - I hope you enjoy the SeniorShape workout! I used both 1 lb ankle weights & a resistance loop.

Beth - Did you find some nice shoes?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 07:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Shoe update: I did buy 2 pairs. I got knee-length black boots to replace the ones I have and love but that are a 1/2 size too small and pinch my toes way too much. I also got a pair of black loafers with a chunky heel. Both are very cute, but I would up paying around $140, even with the 2nd pair on sale! And what really pains me is that neither are leather. Almost all of my older shoes are leather, many are still in very good condition but just hurt my feet, so it's hard to make the transition! But some of the shoes in the store are marked "vegan," so I guess I'll feel good about saving the cows.

I still need a good pair of flats. My co-worker bought these online and said they are very comfortable:
https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/ba...ctiveColor=116

Happy Friday to all (or to all who celebrate, as cyana would say)!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 08:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone!

The urgent care PAC suspects it is a torn hip flexor. I'm not surprised, it's been a sensitive area for years and needs daily TLC. I have an orthopedist appointment Tuesday and plan to stay home resting until I speak with him. For now I have a decent muscle relaxer. I'm nervous about having sat in the urgent care though. I heard "flu" once and got a message from their software saying "sorry for the delay" and blaming COVID. It's possible they just blame everything on COVID - like people who don't show up for court. On criminal day I'm guaranteed at least one call claiming "I have COVID." It's become a real easy cop out. Now I am very happy to have gotten both shots!

Tomorrow I will figure out a workaround method of taking care of my back and continue my little routine with Lee and Bird, then consider upper body workouts.

I'll catch up tomorrow with a better report! I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 09:29 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Quick fly by and waves to ALL.

Pat - Christopher Westfall had a live chat on his YT channel yesterday afternoon. I missed part of it, so I'll have to go back and listen to the whole thing this week-end. A couple of quickies that I picked up on - his company (and others like his) can't work with people in every state, as it depends on how your state insurance commission has things set up (MA specifically came up on the call as a "no"). He also noted the importance of working with an independent agent versus a captive agent. One last thing - there was a slide that had several web sites he's set up to address a variety of topics, and one was for people new to Medicare, so I'll definitely be checking that one out. I'm also going to have DH check on line to see what he can dig up about our state-specific regulations as relates to the purchase of Medicare supplements, working with agents, etc.

I don't know if anyone shops at Aldi, but heard they were having some good specials on Thanksgiving foods, and it includes turkeys if anyone needs a holiday bird.

Will catch up on chats this week-end. Hope everyone has a good day and that no one is in the path of today's predicted storms.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 10:41 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Voight Pure & Simple Stretch (Floor Stretch practice)

I didn't sleep well last night so Voight's Floor Stretch felt relaxing this morning. Since it's trash pickup day, my 3 year old grandson wants me to take him for a walk to look for trash trucks so we will go walking after I finish this post.

Pat, so sorry to hear of your torn hip flexor. I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

Beth, I hope the new shoes you bought yesterday end up being favorites. It's really hard for me to find shoes that are comfortable because I have a wide foot (6.5 EE).
Old 11-04-22, 10:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, my problem is that my toe box is wide, but my overall foot is not. I'm a pretty firm 8.5; sometimes if I try on a 9, I have more room in the toes but they are too long! The boots I bought were actually a 9, but they felt comfortable snug around the ankle. The shoes were 8.5 and actually just a tad long, but because they were comfortable, I thought they were worthwhile - sometimes I add pads to the rear of the shoe to adjust the fit slightly.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-04-22, 10:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hi! Catching up --

No workout yesterday. I expected to do my 4-hour "functional fitness" routine at the food bank, but it turned out there weren't enough volunteers so it did not open for food distribution! One of the other volunteers who has been there over a year says this is the first time she's seen that happen. Those of us who were there did do some prepacking of bags, but we were all let go after about an hour. I used the unexpected time off to run errands.

Today's Workout: I went to the Friday morning yoga class at my new gym. The regular teacher was there (we had a sub last week). It was a "flow" class but not too speedy, and the instructor did give a few modifications (plus I did a couple on my own). Felt very good after so I'll definitely continue. After I got home I got in a 1.5-hour outdoor walk. Our weather will be unsettled for the next several days so I wanted to get out while it was still dry.

Paine: Sorry to hear the 500 Error attacked!

Pat58: So sorry about your hip! At least, though, you know what is wrong and are figuring out how to help it heal.

Yogapam: Take care of that foot!

Beth: Enjoy your new shoes! I remember when I once wore a 7 or 7.5 shoe size, but my trip to SAS Shoes confirmed my feet are now an 8.5 wide. It doesn't seem like our shoe size should change once we are adults, but there you go.

Everyone enjoy their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 08:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, that is weird about your shoe size changing that much! I could see my feet becoming wider. However, almost every time I try on wide styles, they are too big (at least in the mid-foot - my toes often feel good!) and most 9s are too long.

Happy Saturday! DH and I are going to try to early vote today.

I did another dumbbell balance routine from Amy's Beach Fitness yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPRmPRh4K8

This one was shorter and used lighter weights, but I thought it was harder! I did like it though. I also did a KB core routine from Laura Wells, the VFer who posted on GD, and one of my short Yoga Journal DVDs. Earlier this week I actually got in some CS.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-05-22, 09:36 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Lower Body Strength Workout on the Mat // Shape & Tone Legs, Abs and Butt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHy...orShapeFitness

This morning I did the SeniorShapeFitness Lower Body YouTube that Pam had given a link to and I liked it (thank you Pam!).

Yesterday my 3 year old grandson wanted to follow the trash trucks picking up trash/recycle in our neighborhood and we ended up walking 2 miles just from chasing trash trucks!

Beth, my toe box is wide but my overall foot isn't wide so I know how that makes it difficult for us to find a proper fitting shoe.