Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-22, 07:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Hallmark movies

Vantreesta: A little of both? I've had a cold for almost 3 weeks now, so haven't done much of anything in the evening. (My cough is finally gone - except when I exercise it brings up the crud and the nose running is now bearable) Dh was sick for Thanksgiving, so we didn't have anyone over. I watched the Hallmark movies and recorded the 2022 ones I haven't seen. So ... pretty much caught up. Wayyyy too much screen time! We haven't watched any of our "series" that we are watching as the cold has affected dh's hearing so he doesn't really want to watch any new episodes. Last night we watched some of the Masked Singer (something he doesn't have to concentrate on). . .

Waves to Lili & Helen!

me, me and all me:

11/27/2022: Warm up & cool down rows, 20 mins. Rainy Day Cardio Row with Nick, 20 mins. Walk the Plank (Halloween) row with Dani & Mac, Assorted lanebreak on Peloton: 5 mins. Indie Rock Warm up, 15 mins. Beach Boys, 15 mins. RAscal Flatts, 30 mins. Lizzo Hits, 5 mins. Landslide Cooldown

almost have my Lanebreak badge. Probably one more session and I'll get gold. I love Lanebreak. Fun and a great workout. Nice to have a badge as a reminder.

I was able to sync Strava with Hydrow, so that's good. . . .Now I can look/analyze. (sort of?)

That's it for now.
Gotta run.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Cleda, that makes sense! I have all my old favorites plus whatever new ones I find to watch. I don't do many Hallmark ones though. My mom absolutely loved those but I typically look through the guide and only record ones with Allison Sweeney or Candace Bure unless a description really grabs me. I don't rewatch the Hallmark ones. Last night I watched A Magical Christmas Village and really liked it. I hope your cold goes away soon. Love that you did a Halloween row!

We were at my father-in-law's from Wed night through yesterday. Got home around 5:30 last night. It was so good to pick up my boy from the kennel! I miss him before we even drop him off. I am so very grateful that he does so well at the kennel given his distrust of most humans. They love him there, and when I paid for the new boarding package yesterday the girl said oh that makes me so happy, it means I get 25 more nights with Cyric! I mostly did Sudoku the whole time we were there. I took my crochet bag but never did any. I know once I find a project and get started I will be drawn back in, but like most things, it's the getting started that's hard! I also did a little workout scheduling/planning but didn't let myself get carried away with it like usual.

This week's plan (at minimum):
Monday-groceries DONE, laundry ONE LOAD DONE, car wash DONE, PT and yoga-not done
Tuesday-pancakes DONE, yoga-not done, ANOTHER LOAD OF LAUNDRY DONE, TIDIED UP SOME BY PUTTING THINGS AWAY
Wednesday-oil change, cleaning, glutes and yoga
Thursday-cleaning, maybe decorating, PT and yoga
Friday-decorating, yoga
Saturday-maybe still decorating, glutes and yoga

I have to go one day and buy and ship my gift for the gift exchange. I also bought a ton of new workouts recently that I need to catalog and make cards for (DONE). I'm probably waiting till January to get them all put away since it's going to be a chore putting them in where they belong. I'm determined not to just stick them somewhere so I have a major reorganizing project again in the future.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 12:44 AM  
Helen

Ugh - started a post at work this morning - didn't finish.
Home from work this afternoon (Wed) and found the stuff below on screen - still having circle of death a refresh x3-4 to move around the internet. Grrr.

Thursday
48min, Cathe - Step Fit - Step Aerobics 1 Mix, with Kathryn
dog walk
Friday & Saturday
only the dog walks - big schlump, though trying to teach Alice new things has been a bit of a boost
Sunday
40min, The Firm - Ultimate Fat Burn, with Kathryn
Monday
60min dog walk

added - what WOULD have been posted this morning at work is below:
Tuesday
93min!! Cathe - Body Max
almost quit at the end of several parts of it, but pushed through, finishing at 11pm. Felt SO good going to bed having FINALLY done it.
hitting submit, THEN reading!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 01:47 AM  
Helen

VANNIE
Is the decorating for Christmas?
You are SO like me with organising workouts! Did you ever manage to get your head around my log?
I will spend probably a week getting the breakdowns of workouts & mixes for STS 2.0, then entering them and the rotations.

SO nice to hear good things about where you have Cyric stay when he can't go with you! I'm grateful that my Bridget was willing to come to be with Alice when we needed it recently.

CLEDA
Your DH does know you well!

Watched 'Spirited' the other night. Fun, but mindless. I don't really like to see movies more than once, UNLESS they have a real twist that is revealed at the end, then I want to rewatch it IMMEDIATELY to see if I can identify the clues (Fight Club, The Sixth Sense).

DH & I both like Sci-Fi. The potential of what might come, thinking about paradoxes like time-travel....

HI LILI!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-30-22, 02:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Cleda, there's a new Christmas movie, I think on CBS, on Dec 4. It's called Fit for Christmas and is about an obsessed fitness instructor. I have the DVR set for it.

Lili, I am struggling with motivation and discipline too. I am currently feeling fired up to tackle the house, though. So much clutter!

Helen, yes, Christmas decorating. I had hoped to get my outside lights up while it was still warm. Hopefully Thurs/Fri when it's supposed to be upper 30s. Definitely not feeling like it tmrw when the high is expected to be 15 and windy. We got about 5" of snow today so it's all white and pretty out now.

Yes, the kennel where we leave Cyric (and D'Argo and Chianna before that) is the best. I miss him when we're apart but I really don't worry bc they are so good. Once Chianna had hurt her back and I forgot to let them know bc we had an emergency call to get up north. They called to tell me she wasn't moving like normal and I told them what had happened. They actually drove the 15 miles to our town to pick up pain meds at the vet and didn't charge me anything! That is so nice that Bridget stayed with Alice. Even though Cyric likes my aunt, my dad is the only person who would be able to take care of him for me if I needed it. Cyric probably would be too wary of my uncle, plus my aunt has cats.

No, I still haven't started using your log. It's so comprehensive and I feel like I never have a long enough period of time to just sit and focus on it. So many squirrels to distract me! But yes, definitely alike in our organizing. I stayed up way too late tonight and last night getting my spreadsheet all updated and cards made for the new workouts.

And on that note, I should get to bed. Last night when I got to bed I couldn't fall asleep. I thought I wasn't sleepy so I got up and came into the living room. My stomach was growling so I had a "midnight" snack and turned on Supernatural with the lights off. Apparently it was hunger that was keeping me awake bc I dozed off even though it's one of my favorite shows. I woke up enough to turn the TV off around 2:40 ad then slept fine. Tonight I ate even though it was after 10:00!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-30-22, 04:21 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Cleda, there's a new Christmas movie, I think on CBS, on Dec 4. It's called Fit for Christmas and is about an obsessed fitness instructor. I have the DVR set for it.
Oh! A DEFINITE must!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-30-22, 04:24 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
running off to my Tivo to see if I can find this!

Thanks!!!!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 05:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Sorry I've been MIA, but I have been reading.
Cleda - glad to hear that your cold is almost gone, sorry to hear that hubby was sick for Thanksgiving.
Helen - I don't know how you fall asleep after working out! It takes me a while to unwind after something strenuous like Cathe. Quite an accomplishment at any hour.
Vantreesta - Having a kennel you trust is huge! Our son usually watches the dogs, but when we all go to the beach, we have someone come to the house and stay with our dogs. I would love to be able to take them somewhere.

Time to catch up before December!
11/22 - dog walk
Walk, Sweat, Sculpt - Upper Body from GHU
11/23 - dog walk
CS 806
20 Min. Pop Walk w/ Rebecca Kennedy on treadmill
11/24 - Put up our outdoor Christmas lights. It's not really a workout, but active time.
11/25 - dog walk
Strength: Total Body Tempo Mix w/ Jessica Smith on YT
11/26 - nothing, our family Thanksgiving gathering
11/27 - dog walk
11/28 - dog walk
CS 807
30 Min Walk & Run w/ Joslyn Thompson Rule on treadmill
11/29 - dog walk
Star Trainer Strength, the first one with Rob Glick
JS 1 Mile Interval Walk
11/30 - CS 808
Cardio Party from WS1, JS

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 05:21 AM  
Helen

December Thread - not completely copied this time.

LILI
Glad you caught yourself up.

Tonight is the 1st, but I haven't enough sleep for 5 nights in a row - so intend to give myself a rest day, and blast back into it tomorrow night. Though I HAVE taken Alice out, of course.

Sun 5:39, Mon 6:33, Tue 6:26, Wed 5:50 - hrs sleep

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-01-22, 08:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Helen, your sleep times look about like mine. Today feels like I'm gonna be paying for the two nights I stayed up till 2 AM.