Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-22, 05:18 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Before the morning gets away from me. 4:10 a.m., got up and fed the cats. Debated on going back to bed for a couple of hours. But decided I had a lot of things to get caught up on, so stayed up and here I am. Mustn't let the time get wasted.

Helen: Love your side track. Had to reread it a couple of times. I got confused right out of the gate with the sweater/jumper. Doesn't take a lot to confuse me. Yes. We call it a sweater. A jumper would be picture #2 as you stated!!! And the tunic? although older generations might say that, I'm guessing the younger ones would just call it a long shirt here in the USA. And see! You got a workout done. Never time nor need for shame!

Vantreesta: I got to the parking lot on Sat. and there were sooooo many cars. I said to dh, "forget it, let's come early tomorrow or late at night". He replied, "Might as well go in now. We're here." I'm glad he said that. I wouldn't have gone in. The store we go to really does absorb the people and I was able to get the shopping done. The next day? The coldest day of the season with real feels in the 20s and blustery. I was just as happy NOT to have to go out in it. So I can relate.

Lili: I gave up the power zone challenge this time around. Was signed up for it, but due to health reasons (not the cold!) had to bail the first week. I am soooo glad I did when I see what the graphs look like. Then Given this cold I caught? I'd never have been able to do those rides. So, I would have had to drop out anyway!!! In the future? I don't know if I'll do them. Probably cross that bridge when I get there. I can still do the pz workouts, but not sure I want all the baggage/gossip/drama that can come with the challenges. So, I suppose time will tell. As long as I keep moving. (and we all know I'll find something else if I do stop).

On to me, me and all me:

11/20/2022: 30 mins. Cardio Burn row** w/Laine on the rower, Pause Drill Cool down 5 mins., Apply Pressure Drills Cool down 10 mins, 45 mins. Billy joel Live ride w/Jenn Sherman, 10 mins. Cool down with Ben Alldis, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

** I couldn't seem to find my groove on this ride. I did fine. But my sitting position didn't seem right. I'll have to research this a little more and play with it. Still a good row.

The Jenn Sherman Billy Joel ride? I loved it. (and Jenn is NOT one of my favorite instructors). I used the "More music" option and it mostly drowned her out. The music was wonderful and I probably pushed way harder than I should have (as my graph told me afterwards). It was one big sing along for me. I should probably try more of her rides (I love her music choices) with the "More Music" option and see how that goes.

That's it. Have to get ready for the (shortened - due to the holiday) work week. I can do this. I can get through this!!!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 05:01 PM  
Helen

Missed adding 'DONE' to "GET MYSELF UP TO THE GYM", and DID
Cathe's Low Impact Challenge on 8", and it is well named!

PONDERINGS
Hmmm... Thinking about Cee, more weights work (buddy not fond), just 20min, and Christmas.... Friday is the 25th - pondering a countdown to Christmas - should ALSO give me a nudge to DO something about it coming as well. All I've done so far is get the mixed dried fruit for Christmas Cake.
Cee listing the weights is good too - a starting point without wasting workouts with working through until finding the 'sweet spot'.

VANNIE
What a great memory of going to the first play!
Bob Geldorf once described crappy school shows, with all the parents bustling to film it on their phones, that they'll never watch again, and entirely miss the experience of sitting back and enjoying their children - as their mind is on the filming, not their kid. DH & refer to those kinds of shows (sounds like what you were expecting as "a Bob", like "How was it?" "It was a Bob".

CLEDA
I knew the sweater/jumper but had no idea about the jumper/tunic.
You have "health reasons" that aren't the temporary cold? You're worring me!

BAD NEWS: phoned DH whilst driving to work this morning (hands free!!) and he won't be home until the 15th of Decembe. It'll be fully 5 weeks! He's trying to catch up the work he missed whilst home with that compressed fracture of a vertebra. At least it means his back is feeling ok.

On the upside, when he's not home and making dinner every night - I lose weight! Lost 2kg (4.4lb) in just the past week. I'm taking it! Also, on the upside, I KNOW I can't wallow for 5 weeks and ONLY do dog walks & stuff with Kathryn - added motivation, combined with the momentum of weight loss - I'm actually a tad energised!

Monday - walked Alice freezing out, howling wind. Evening spent working on school reports.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 05:11 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - I agree with you about workouts helping one's mental state. I have not been doing much lately, which I think leads to more slacking. I just can't seem to get motivated.
Cleda - Glad you enjoyed the Billy Joel ride. Most of the time I pick my rides because of the playlist. Of course that doesn't always work out, but it is my main motivation. I haven't done a ride in a while, so that might the one to try.
Helen - Since I watch many knitting podcasts, I am aware of the jumper term, along with a vest being a slipover?
Glad to hear the rain let up and the crops weren't ruined.

So, not much to report, still trying to get the house back together and ready for the holidays. The contractor finished up on Friday and I have a few areas of touch up painting to do. Working on holiday menus and shopping lists. I hate when the stores are crowded and try to shop early in the morning.

11/20 - CS 805
11/21 - dog walk

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 07:53 AM  
Helen

LILI
I had NEVER heard of a "slipover"!!
Had to look it up - yes, a vest. A waistcoat is also referred to as a vest, so sometimes a 'slipover' is called a 'knitted vest' but not usually, as the knitted version is actually more common these days than a fabric one. Any over-garment that has no sleeves is a 'vest', whether it's knitted, fabric, buttons, no buttons.... Kids at school, however, have no idea - they call a 'cardigan' a 'button-up jumper', and a vest would probably be called a 'sleeveless jumper' - their vocabulary is SO poor!!

So - Tuesday
45min, dog walk
36min, Cathe - Body Max - Step Aerobics Mix/Match
no, didn't do the whole thing, didn't start until 10:20pm, but pleased that I got in even that one section.
Wednesday
5km walk with school
60min dog walk after work
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 06:06 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And ........

She falls behind again! good grief! I really thought I checked in yesterday and didn't just read. Obviously? NOT.

Not much time to chat:

11/21/2022: rowed 30 mins (sweat - forget who it was with), 5 mins. cool down row, 10 mins. Ben Alldis legs (Strength)

11/22/2022: CDE Broadway 30 mins. Power Zone Endurance ride (Broadway**), 10 mins. Bradley Rose Cool down

** Broadway ride was excellent. I'd do it again in a heart beat. It's all endurance so only zones 2 & 3 and the longest stint in zone 3 was 2 mins. 45 seconds. Easy peasy. I loved the music choices and it was great! She had a song from "Come From Away" in the ride and I had seen that show just recently in NYC. Loved, loved, loved this ride and would absolutely do it again. Had me smiling all day long. (That's 2 Peloton rides in a row I loved - The Billy Joel Ride and now this one. I'm on a roll!)

The Bradley Rose cool down? I think I've done it 25 times now, so it's fast becoming a favorite.

I think I should go with Lili's way of choosing rides and do it by playlists! I am half thinking of doing some Denis Fresh Friday rides. We'll see.

Ok, that's it. Gotta run and get a quick row in before work. Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 11-24-22, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Thanksgiving!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-22, 08:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Although there's no check in to check in with. Oooops!!!!

We had a very quiet Thanksgiving.
Watched a bunch of movies/shows on tv.
The older I get, the more I like quiet holidays.

So here's my big FAT CHECK IN:

11/23/2022: REST DAY
11/24/2022: REST DAY

Here's to hoping I get something in today .....?!?!?

So easy to fall into a slug/couch potato pattern.
I seem to roll with whatever I'm on .... working out or goofing off. . .

Have a great day!
Cleda
Old 11-26-22, 11:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Took a nap this afternoon and then went for a 3.28 mile walk.

I'm ready to watch some Christmas movies!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-27-22, 09:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Vantreesta: I think I'm all caught up on Christmas movies. Spent much of the weekend watching them! Enjoy.

Waves to Lili & Helen!

on to me, me and all me!

11/25/2022: Row 20 mins. 5 mins cool down (Forget who or what kind! and didn't write it down. But definitely rowed.) Oh wait - it was "The kid's table" Thanksgiving row with Dani & Laine? I think. . . .

11/26/2022: 15 mins.
Family Connections Sweat row with James, 20 mins. Breathe, Rainy Cardio Row w/Nick & Dani, 5 mins. Cooldown, 30 mins. Lanebreak (peloton video game) Swedish House Mafia**, Bradley Rose 20 mins. Classical Music ride, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

** I did this one thinking that Swedish Mafia House was Florence & the Machine. But -- WRONG ANSWER .... By the time I realized (about the first 30 seconds into the ride) that it was the wrong group --- too late. I kept going. It was ok. but not my cup of tea. My mind was wandering thinking how I could do it with my ipod on. Lanebreak is Peloton's video game. Then I read this morning that starting TODAY there is the opportunity to accumulate points for the week and get a badge. Figures. Couldn't have started yesterday??? :: slaps forehead :: Dh says to me, "Guess you're playing Lanebreak this week." LOL!!! does he know me or what? It was a good day of not so usual rides/rows. Which is always fun.

That's about it. Off to row & ride. Possibly lift some weights.

Make it a great day!
Clead
Old 11-27-22, 10:39 AM  
Vantreesta

Cleda, caught up on Christmas movies?? Either you don't watch many or you've been majorly bingeing!! I still have horror movies on the DVR that I recorded in October. My December usually includes those and Christmas movies intermingled.