Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-22, 10:20 AM  
momofcha

Anyone still do Barre3?

My online subscription ends in November. I haven’t done one in a while, but for some reason I’m hesitant to let it go. Don’t know why. I’m definitely cutting back on streaming sites next year. Thoughts?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 10:30 AM  
prettyinpink

Mine is running out soon too, and I haven’t decided. I am at 99/year. It just might be barely worth it for me for that.

I use the Signature workouts for cardio sometimes, but less than before. Once in a while I enjoy the Restore classes. Their Cardio workouts are nice for a change, but too repetitive to do regularly. I do like that they incorporate some impact, but are much less intense than a typical HIIT workout with impact on youtube or from Cathe, for example.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 10:33 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I gave up my Barre3. I just felt like I wasn't utilizing it enough and it's changed so much from what I think of as "barre".

Of course, I added other streaming sites .

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 10:39 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Mine is running out soon too, and I haven’t decided. I am at 99/year. It just might be barely worth it for me for that.

I use the Signature workouts for cardio sometimes, but less than before. Once in a while I enjoy the Restore classes. Their Cardio workouts are nice for a change, but too repetitive to do regularly. I do like that they incorporate some impact, but are much less intense than a typical HIIT workout with impact on youtube or from Cathe, for example.
That’s the rate I’m at, of which I’m torn. I think it might be time. I never did the cardio workouts except the first one and I’ve never tried their strength either because they are RDL happy. That is not the only way to work the legs….

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 10:58 AM  
bfit

I'm curious how it changed from "traditional" barre. It seems to me there are a lot of workouts now that are sort of "semi barre".
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 12:56 PM  
prettyinpink

I’ve never been to classes, only used DVDs and streaming since their fairly early days of streaming, but I don’t think it ever was quite traditional barre. They more or less have always said that, that they incorporate things from yoga and other fitness tends.

That said, now it is much further away from barre than it was. Much less with small range of motion (down an inch, up an inch) and hardly any traditional barre postures.

Now they are trying more to be all the things instead of the fusion workouts they were good at. Their strength workouts are really lacking, I agree.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 05:57 PM  
Luv2WO

I still do the old ones occasionally but let my online subscription go a few weeks ago. I don't like the new style of the Signature workouts and never did the Cardio/Strength/Flow ones.

Honestly, the old Barre3 workouts were so good. I loved how they were sequenced and focused more on barre, Pilates, yoga and dance. They were great mobility workouts and always made me feel strong and tall. I know they are going the more athletic route and that is great too. I just crave more graceful and flowy workouts.

I do feel like Barre3 online is a great value if you use it. There are so many workouts and options. It's just not a good fit for me right now.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 06:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I loved the "old" Barre3 workouts and credit Barre3 with my speedy recovery from shoulder surgery several years ago. I don't like the newer workouts - they just aren't the same. Too cardio-ish and not enough barre work.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming