Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-05-22, 10:46 AM  
Leonana

I switched from Lift with Cee's 20 minute workout schedule to Improved Health's similar schedule. Improved Health is focused on seniors, but it's still challenging especially if you up the weights. I decided to switch because I was getting so tired doing the Lift with Cee workouts. I get worn out with being on my feet for almost four hours each day, especially trying to do housework too during the week and weekends. I have increased my endurance a bit, so am happy about that. But I think the slower pace of Improved Health's workouts will be a bit better for me. They are different in that she is alternating upper and lower body, while Cee seems to be doing total body each day, just focusing on different parts of the body.

Yesterday I did the Improved Health 5 Minute Warm up and one of her lower body 15 minute workouts. I also did a Senior Shape 10 Minute Standing Stretch. Today is housework. Tomorrow I'll fit in a longer strength workout.

We had rain on Thursday which brought some cooler weather. It dropped from highs in the 80’s down to the 60’s. It’s supposed to warm up to 70’s next week, and I hope it will. I’m not ready for colder weather. The kids were so excited to see the rain, it’s like a holiday here when it rains!

Vannie, I'm glad the tape came off easily the second day. Good job getting some movement in.

Katie, I'm glad you have some nice weather for dog walking.
Old 11-06-22, 10:03 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, Improved Health sounds good! Is it on youtube or something you subscribe to?
Your temperatures sound wonderful!

I haven't gotten out for a good walk the last few days. The wind has been really strong and brisk. The zipper on my winter jacket got messed up and the jacket isn't even that old. I ordered a different style from the same company, told them about the busted zipper on the fairly new jacket and they said they would refund it. Apparently they've been having problems with that style. I really didn't expect it to be refunded. I'll be sending it back to them this week. It's nice to be treated well! My new winter jacket will be expedited as we're going to get 3-5" mid week plus temps in teens. Hopefully I'll get the jacket before that arrives.

I've been doing a lot of exercises inside and pulled out some Jill Miller dvd's. I need to get back into doing some of those.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-22, 10:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Okay I had never even heard of Improved Health before Sherry's post, did not look them up after reading it and now there is a YouTube notification for a video on that channel. Just bc I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 02:38 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, makes you wonder doesn't it. I didn't get a notification on them when I went on youtube this morning but I'll be looking to see if I get any prompts otherwise. Sometimes I'll get ads on Facebook from something I googled earlier which I get, they're all connected through some algorithm but still invasive.

I finally did a Jill Miller dvd last night. One of her YTU Quick Fixes for shoulders. The wind is howling crazy today so I did some baking(peanut butter oatmeal bars) and DH is going to make some chili. I plan to do some videos later.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-07-22, 02:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, one time I had something hurting, I forget what, and I got a notification for it even though I hadn't recently searched for it. I don't use Google for searching anymore. But YT is just as bad. But what can you do except not use it.

We had a super windy wknd but today isn't bad. Your bars and chili sound delicious! I'm planning on making bird seed bars sometime this week. I think we're having leftovers for supper bc I'm diving into undecorating today.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-07-22, 08:12 PM  
Leonana

No workout since last Friday. I've been so tired. I took a three hour nap on Sunday afternoon, then another two hour nap before bed! I guess I overdid it again and need to recover. I'm not having a hard time fitting everything in time wise, but energy wise. By the time I finish work, do errands and then housework, I'm out of energy. But I am standing and walking for three and a half hours each day, so I guess it's good I can at least keep up with that!

Katie, Improved Health is on you tube.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ImprovedHealth/videos
That's great they refunded your jacket. We are supposed to get cooler weather again on Wednesday.

Vannie, I know my phone listens to me! And every time we visit websites, we get cookies on our computer. My spyware does a scan once a week and usually finds around 300 adware cookies. I guess it's all about selling us something.
Old 11-09-22, 02:35 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm neck deep in undecorating! I did a Happy Yoga practice on Monday plus dog walks. Yesterday was blustery and wet all day. We didn't even walk half a mile total! If I hadn't been undecorating I would have made more effort to go btwn rains but now and then it doesn't kill us to miss. I had hoped to have this all done by the time I go to bed tonight but my brain's gonna have to start focusing better to get there! The village was all down and boxed up by yesterday afternoon but it's all the misc new stuff that I have to figure out. But it's kinda fun!

Old 11-10-22, 09:24 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I checked out the Improved Health channel. Thank you! I tried a little bit of a couple of the dance clips. Might help me keep warmed up and circulation going on some of these cold winter days!

I got my new winter jacket just before the cold weather hit. It's pretty warm thankfully.

I've did another Jill Miler Quick Fix dvd and a few youtube follow along the past few days. We've got about 5" of snow on the ground and it's in single digits so my time outside was pretty short lived even with the new jacket. I still need to find some better gloves. Vannie, did you get any of this storm?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 11-12-22, 08:24 PM  
Vantreesta

We hiked 8 1/2 miles today. Temp was around 30 with real feel about 20. It wasn't bad at all except in the wind. Our layers kept us comfy.

Katie, we got the cold front and wind but no snow accumulation. Just some spitting. Glad you got your coat in time!

Old 11-17-22, 01:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

We continue to get hammered with wind and snow. Supposed to start to break after today. If I walk too much in the snow, my right piriformis tightens up on me so I'm trying to figure out that one. I can get it to calm down inside but I'd really like to spend more time outside soon. I've been doing a variety of youtube clips, yoga dvd's (Jill Miller, Ravi Singh and Ana Brett) and other independent exercises including my YTU balls. I'm doing ALOT better at taking breaks from the computer every 20 minutes. It's working out well as I'm still getting a lot done but not as stiff. My goal of continuing to work in the greenhouse is abandoned as there is too much snow blocking the door for now. Not that I can plant or grow anything right now but I was hoping to do a lot of organizing for next season. It's just fun to putter in there. Maybe next week.

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good day.

Do The Next Thing!