Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-07-22, 07:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's A Higher Burn - 30min
Ellen's Quick Core Fusion - 15min

No side effects from yesterday's Covid + Flu vaccines other than a sore left arm where I got my covid booster. I slept very soundly last night which, as I remember, was also the case with my last booster.

Carol, good luck with your booster.
Waves Donna!
Old 10-07-22, 11:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

Essentrics Live from 10/3 w/ Ellyn. My body was telling me it needed to do Essentrics today, so I listened.

DH and I are going away for the weekend, so probably no workouts for Sat/Sun, but hopefully some walking.

It will be nice to get away and sort of re-set from this week.

Dana - yay, glad for no side effects. I feel that someone is trying to tell me to go ahead and get it b/c one of my other check-in mates also got the booster on the spur of the moment.

Carol - good luck w/ the booster.

Yea, it probably is wiser to get it done....

I do think I will separate the flu from the COVID though....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 05:24 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna, I wasn't thrilled about getting yet another covid booster but my DH is immunosuppressed and we can't afford for me to get covid or flu and pass it on to him. So, even though I grumbled about it, I just got it done and over it.

Carol, I hope you do well with this vac and have no side effects. I was lucky that I didn't. Even my arm isn't sore anymore.
Old 10-07-22, 07:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates for Legs - 5 minutes

I figured I had better get my walking done quickly before the CoVid booster got me. I don't feel too bad tonight - a little bit of a headache and tiredness is all, so far.

One of our secretaries who had thus far dodged CoVid tested positive today. I figure I've been exposed to her, so we will see if I come down with it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 09:41 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Olivia Lawson's 30min Cardio Abs Walking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_flDXC9m2FU. Enjoyable low impact workout but not much walking in it. I didn't mind it. No verbal cues and music was pretty good.

Lindsay Brin Torch & Tone Progam Arms & Abs 50/50 - 27min. This is her new 3-week program that starts tomorrow. As with most of Lindsay workouts, it was fun, efficient and straightforward.

Carol, I hope you're doing OK after your covid booster.

Waves Donna!
Old 10-09-22, 03:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I took the day off yesterday - I was mostly tired and a little headachy after the CoVid booster, and am still a little bit that way today.

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Beginner Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

This is exactly what it purports to be - gentle and beginner.

Dana - Thanks, this booster wasn't too bad for me. Wonder why Lindsay often does 3 week programs instead of 4 week programs?

Carol
Old 10-10-22, 05:06 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We were away for the weekend, so I didn't get any formal workouts in - mainly just leisurely walking, today I made up for it. I took the day off from work so I had time....

This morning:

Ellen - Power & Balance
Blessful Body - Pilates Challenge Day # 1 - Core Connection (I think I am done trying this - the instructor, Ky, is very nice but I just can't get into these workouts!!)

This afternoon:

Dog Walk
Jessica Valent - Balance Exercises
Jessica Valent - Juicy Spine

The Juicy Spine is a new one on her site - it was a nice mobility routine - very good for post travel/sitting.

Back to work, tomorrow.....

Carol - I hope you are feeling better after the booster!

Waves, Dana...

Donna
Old 10-10-22, 06:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Balance Exercises - 15 minutes & 5 Minute Pilates Abs Workout

My balance was decent today, which made this workout not too hard. But the next time I do it, who knows!

It's been a nice day off and a nice long weekend. I went to bed early every night and slept decently, for me. I finished up a book and started another one - watched a lot of football too and had a massage today. And almost got all of my continuing legal education done for the year. I think I have another 1 hour to do and then I'll be good for another year.

Donna - I am feeling better after my booster. I think I'm done with shots for a few months. I've been an over-achiever this year: shingles, pneumonia, 2 covid boosters and a flu shot.

Carol
Old 10-11-22, 07:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Lifted & Lean - 30min. Very stretchy but it moves slowly and it didn't feel like much of a workout. It did get me moving though. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do anything else this morning and I doubt I'll do anything later.

Carol, I actually prefer 3-week challenges because it's something that I am more likely to stick with and maybe her other member do to? Maybe Lindsay knows that and that's why many of her challenges are only 3 weeks in length?

Waves Donna!

Gotta run, I'll check back later.
Old 10-11-22, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to Caroline Jordan today and did her "Patreon Exclusive" beginner total body strength. This was actually a compilation of 3 of her You Tube channel workouts - beginner lower body, upper body and abs/core. It was a good workout, though - just the basics, not too much/not too little. You did 45 seconds on/15 seconds rest/set up and you can go heavy or light since you work at your own pace. I did enjoy it - Caroline is very positive and "happy" and sometimes that is what you need.

Dana - I know what you mean - 3 weeks doesn't feel as overwhelming as 4 and 2 weeks just doesn't seem "enough"!

Carol - I enjoyed Jessica's balance workout yesterday it was a good one to do after sitting in the car the day before. It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I need to schedule some more long weekends for myself, it is nice to have the extra time.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Donna