Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-22, 08:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, glad you enjoyed the concert so much!

Pam, I didn't realize you were having heel pain - do you have PF? I have some issues with my left heel; after researching it, I think it's a heel fat pad issue, weird as that sounds.

Pat, sorry you got stuck with extra work.

Paine, it is definitely a struggle to see our bodies weaken as we get older.

Today I did an "advanced" Pilates routine from Jessica Valant that was very doable - in part b/c it was short, LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaVcUuRfyqc

I also did the first workout from Bellyfit Embodied Goddess. I always feel good after these workouts, so I think I am going to revisit this series.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-22, 08:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - I’m pretty sure my heel pain is a PF flare up so I want to keep on top of it. I don’t want a repeat of the awful case of PF I had 14 years ago. I did a lot of walking on holiday, several 20,000+ step days with lots of hills and stairs, & not enough stretching. So I suspect tightness in my back body, especially my calves, is at the root of it. Although I think my quads & QL are also part of the problem. I am much better than a week ago so I believe I’m on the right track.
I should revisit my older BellyFit workouts like Embodied Goddess. I’m loving the short ones for warm ups, they just feel good!

Carolyn - The concert sounds wonderful, glad you enjoyed it!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 06:39 AM  
cyana

A quick good-morning fly by. I did my usual breath work and morning stretching routine with multiple short cycling (Cubii) intervals throughout the day yesterday. Hoping to get Cee's second work-out in today.

Carolyn
- I'm SO happy that you enjoyed the concert! I absolutely think my face would crack from grinning so hard if I saw them live. I remember exactly when they posted "Vehicle" to You Tube - March 1, 2020. At a time when the world was getting a bit weird, it was such a gift to have one of my all-time favorite songs covered by such a talented group of musicians. I'm still listening to "Ain't Nobody" at least once a day - Ksenia really shines on that one.

Pam - I hope you get the heel pain reeled back in. I had PF many years ago and every now and then I'll get that twinge. I roll it, massage, etc., as I never want to go back through full-blown PF again. Jackie's classes are excellent. Have you heard how her retreat went?

Beth - No apology needed - you provided the link when you originally mentioned Amy's weights/balance practice. I didn't save it then, as I use the desk top computer for most things, but use my Surface to run YT to the TV in my bedroom.

Pat - Ugh. Sorry you had to cover for your co-worker. I will say my co-workers have done a good job of pitching in as our busy season continues to pick up steam. Two thumbs up to them.

Sandra
- I would've been tempted to follow the Chuze employees in to get a sneak peek! I'm jealous of your long walks - they sound delightful.

Paine - I'm definitely not an expert in Ayurveda. I used to come out as tri-doshic when I'd take the Dosha test years ago. I think some of the concepts are interesting, but never did a deep dive.

I must get my work day started. Waves to all.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 10:00 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Back Yin Yoga practice)

Pat, thank you for telling me more about Ayurveda!

Carolyn, I'm so happy you loved the Leonid & Friends concert! It sounds like it was an uplifting event.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 11:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Frustrating day yesterday! I almost stayed late, then told myself "you're too old to keep picking up the slack around here" and went to the studio for my grandniece's 5:30 yoga class. I'll be retiring in a couple years, at least partially, so they better start getting used to it!

Sandra, that does sound like a fun exploration walk.

Pam, it was the Dingbat, as usual. She also seems to have "infected" this year's law clerk, who came in late and for some reason didn't even come into the courtroom when she got to the office. I'm sorry about your heel and hope it feels better soon. That's curious, blending Essentrics with Ayerveda!

Carolyn, I'm so happy you enjoyed the show. Sounds like a fun Saturday, too.

Beth, I keep meaning to use my original Bellyfit programs, too, but keep going for the 20 minute ones. Thanks for the reminder.

Cyana, thank goodness you have reliable co-workers. Good luck with the rest of the week, Friday is coming!

Paine - I mostly went to those workshops and demos for the lady's Indian cooking. For the long sessions at the yoga studio she would lead us in Indian style yoga, then we'd have the lectures and then feast, for which we were all salivating. During the session the smells from her slow cookers wafted all around us. It was very hard not to make a pig of myself, especially with her homemade chai.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 08:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:
~taught Essentrics
~Yin yoga class by the fire

Pat - Ugh, sorry work is busy, but good for you for going to yoga! I am also sorry the dingbat is spreading her dingbattyness around! It is interesting and I think it’s good that Essentrics is branching out and including holistic approaches like Ayurveda. I don’t think you would see that if Miranda was still at the helm.

Cyana - Yes, Jackie’s class was very nice! I am very focused on fixing this PF flare up. I’m toe stretching, wearing my PF compression sock for barefoot workouts, & using my spiky domes and yoga toes.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 07:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, sorry your day was frustrating! I think it's good to remind ourselves that somehow things will function without us. Hope your heel pain stays under control.

Pam, I always love hearing about yin by the fire! I did a nice short restorative practice with Carin Baginski last night; no fire though. I want to get back that original Bellyfit set too.

Happy Hump Day! A co-worker shared a version of this today:

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-19-22, 10:20 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Unplugged #1901: Inner Thigh & Hamstrings; #1902: Gluteus & Outer Thigh; #1913: Quads & Calves

Margaret's thigh dancing is always challenging for me. I like the combination I did this morning for a lower body workout.

Beth, thanks for the Wednesday funny!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 10:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing formal here to report, just began running loads of laundry through the new washer. It's quiet! And it has a different action - it goes swish swish instead of chugga chugga. Only thing I can't figure out is how to add softener to my delicates; the lids lock down tight now and you can't lift them until the load is done. I prefer adding detergent when there's water filling, and also want to see how well autofill really fills.

Darn litigation! Even though my career is in the legal field, sometimes these product liability mandates are aggravating.

Beth, that meme is adorable.

I have SO much typing to do - everyone have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 10:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat & Paine, I loved that meme! I'm saving a few to repost on Halloween.

Speaking of Halloween, I decided that one of my next new YouTube videos to film is going to be a Halloween sleep story. I've already picked out a (public domain) story to use.

And yesterday I put together another remix of old videos, this one all-floor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3xB241esy4&t=1s

(To Paine, there is a brief seated segment to start, and then the rest is kneeling or lying.)

Follow me @YogiBethC