Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-22, 02:09 PM  
kat999

Today I did the Live workout Body Sculpting: Bollywood Style. This was a very fun 33 minutes, but it honestly burns almost no calories in that time. Completely non-impact cardio routine that's actually a little complicated; all the usual opening and closing segments. After the cardio dance routine is an extremely short sculpting section done with a stretchy band (I used a medium-resistance Thera-Band), but they point out you can do it without the band, and honestly the band really is barely necessary if you want a lighter session; you could also easily swap out light dumbbells. The music is great as usual and everyone is having a ball, but I was not as fond of this one as I had hoped, just because of the extremely low intensity.
Old 07-31-22, 11:09 AM  
kat999

Today I did the Live workout Complete Body Shaping. This was a very fun 36-minute workout that uses the squishy ball and a stretchy band. I actually broke my Thera-Band during this workout, and even though I have another one, I decided to not use it for the rest of it and see if it was super necessary. Frankly, like the other YBB workouts that use a stretchy band, you could get away with not using one at all or swapping in light (1-2 lb.) dumbbells; next time I think I will do that instead. I also don't have the official squishy ball, but a soft 2-lb. weighted ball worked just as well (you could even use a set of weighted balls in place of the stretchy band instead of dumbbells). This workout opens and closes as they all do, but unlike most of them, the cardio segment is extremely short and mostly yoga-focused instead of dance-focused; it's purely designed to get you read for the four-limb section and the standing yoga section. The standing yoga is followed by a short section of floor abs, then some very light yoga stretches and the closing meditation.

This is a very, very chill workout, burning very few calories and not presenting me with that much of a challenge, but the music is great as always and I feel happy and energized. I'm beginning to suspect that the whole YBB series is not advanced enough for me, but at the same time it is a huge stress reliever and feels like an extremely pleasant barre class, tbh. I still have quite a few left in the series, but for the sake of achieving more well-rounded results, I think I need to reintegrate some tougher workouts into my regime, too.
Old 07-31-22, 03:58 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No enough strength, not enough cardio, but excellent stress relief. I did YBB when I was recovering from surgery and undergoing radiation 9 years ago. I traded them all away when I joined BBOD. Later, I re-acquired them in case I stop my subscription.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 12:21 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
No enough strength, not enough cardio, but excellent stress relief. I did YBB when I was recovering from surgery and undergoing radiation 9 years ago.
Agreed. They are best for stress relief and feeling happy and centered, but they're not really sufficient as a workout system on their own. I'm glad they were helpful for you during your treatment!
Old 08-01-22, 01:26 PM  
kat999

Well, I spoke too soon on most of these being "too easy," because today I did the live Go-Go workout, and it was actually the fourth highest calorie burner of this whole series. Phew! All the usual segments here, but the back-to-back segments of a kind of tough cardio routine plus tough standing ballet moves and then a very challenging abs/rear segment led me to exhaustion by the end of the 40 minutes. I really enjoyed this one quite a bit, but I am much tireder than I have been after most of these!
Old 08-04-22, 11:24 AM  
kat999

Today I did the Master Series workout AM Latté. This was a gentle and fun 32 minutes, with the usual opening and closing meditation/mudra/mantra sections. The middle is made up of a short cardio dance routine (very easy and fun), a standing ballet routine (which seems very similar to the original workout), and a short sun salutation yoga section. It is probably more of a beginner workout but I think the idea, too, is that you might still be pretty sleepy when you start this, and in fact they say you can do the opening meditation while you're still in bed. I actually think I'll reach for this on days I have to get up very early. It's a really nice way to ease yourself into your day!
Old 08-08-22, 11:13 AM  
kat999

Today I did the Master Series workout Goddess Abs. This was just under 20 minutes long and all seated or lying down. It uses the squishy ball, and again my weighted ball worked great as a substitute. Very easygoing for the most part, way too short, but full of joy and motivation as always. I think this is only good as an add-on, tbh, and will probably do some cardio this afternoon.

Tags
instructors, standing yoga, ybb, ybb rotations, yoga booty ballet