Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-20-22, 06:53 PM  
Erica H.

I'm recovering from reconstructive foot surgery after an injury and belong to a few facebook groups for people who have had this surgery and/or injury. Hokas and Brooks are consistently recommended. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 12:29 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Vintage, funny enough, I went to San Francisco with a friend yesterday and she was wearing a fairly new pair. She's had trouble with her feet for years and she said these have been great on her feet. She told another friend about them and that friend said they were life changing for her -- got rid of hip pain, back pain, and also helped her posture. That seems a little hard to believe, but when my friend was talking about this yesterday I was thinking about you, this thread, and your April posture focus. FWIW.
Well darn! I'd better try these!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 01:42 PM  
BunnyHop

Years ago, I didn't wear anything but the Saucony Grids, then gradually wandered around trying other things.

I did well with Ryka for a while, but bought some Hoka One One's with Gore tex (Challenger?) and have been so impressed that I just bought a pair of Bondi in solid black.
Old 04-29-22, 06:36 AM  
Rhonda

I had bought some a few years back, Hoka Cliftons and loved them, so to replace them I bought another pair of cliftons and they were awful. evidently they had changed since I bought my first pair. Not as cushiony and I didn't like them.

Now I am hearing great things about Hoka Bondi's so may have to try them out.

I bought a pair of Altra's and don't care for them as the toe box is way too big for me. I do wear them occasionally.

I guess I haven't found a pair that I can't live without since my first pair of Hoka Cliftons. Why do companies change things up when something is so great.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 10:35 AM  
red1013

My sister and brother both work retail (concrete floors) and swear by the Bondi 7s. My sister has converted quite a few people she's worked with into Hoka fans too. My teenage daughter also has the Bondi 7s that she wears to her grocery store job. I've tried them on and they feel like Sketchers Shape Ups to me.

I have a pair of Cliftons that I bought for everyday wear, but I rarely wear them because I find my Birkenstocks more comfortable.

I bought the Tivra for workout shoes and I love them! I used to by Avia crosstrainers, and had to replace them about every six months because my feet would start to hurt. I have two pairs of Tivra that I've been alternating for two years and they're still going strong.
Old 04-30-22, 10:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Edited:

Can you remove the insole and wear these with orthotics?

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-30-22, 05:13 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

A year or two ago, after hearing someone rave about them, my mom tried a few Hoka styles Zappos carried and none worked for her--the Clifton 8, Mach 4 and Carbon X 2. She just said "no" to every pair instantly after trying them on.

So she's still currently wearing the old version of Brooks' Addiction Walker during cold months and either Crocs or somewhat supportive sandals (unsure of brand) in warmer months.

For everyday walking around doing errands, I'm still wearing Brooks PureFlow 6's. I stocked up on like 5 or 6 pairs in various colors when they came out. Prior to that I wore out several pairs of another Brooks model that was also discontinued (Green Silence). Actually, I think I might still have one Green Silence pair left that's not totally worn out. I loved those shoes.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 11:15 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I ordered a pair of Bondi 7s from Zappos. It may be trial and error as I hate shoe shopping in stores.

(Which is funny because I used to work at Lady Footlocker!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-01-22, 02:35 PM  
loulou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I ordered a pair of Bondi 7s from Zappos. It may be trial and error as I hate shoe shopping in stores.

(Which is funny because I used to work at Lady Footlocker!)
I have the Bondi 6 & 7. Both have removable insoles, but I have not tried them with specialty insoles. They are great shoes. The Hokas with the maximum cushioning. If you are going for maximum cushioning and the Bondis don't work out.........
After I found them I discovered the Brooks Glycerin 19.

I love my Bondi 7's for everyday but when for long walks I found I prefer the Glycerin 19. They are quite similar to the Bondi. I think the mesh upper on the Glycerin has more give and feels better. The factory insole feels better too.

Good luck with them. Zappos is very helpful.

ETA: The Bondi's I needed 1/2 size down from my normal running shoe. The Glycerin was my regular size.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 12:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I received the Hoka Bondi 7 in my usual size and they felt a bit big. I've ordered another pair half a size smaller and will keep the one that fits best.

I haven't walked around in them much as I might have to return. they feel very cushy and they don't squish my toes!

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
clown shoes, hoka bondi, hoka one, hokas, shoes, sneakers, workout shoes