Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-22, 07:09 PM  
ellaenchanted

The All in Motion brands from Target has short, regular and long lengths. I have 3 pairs of their flare style pants and love them.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 12:53 PM  
bfit

Thanks everybody for your suggestions! I will check them out. I think one of the main problems for me is that all of the tights/leggings these days have that big band around the thickest part of the hips and abs, and I'm looking for something with more of a conventional waist band. I'm going to be 65 in about a month. Maybe I'm getting too old for "tights".
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 01:10 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Thanks everybody for your suggestions! I will check them out. I think one of the main problems for me is that all of the tights/leggings these days have that big band around the thickest part of the hips and abs, and I'm looking for something with more of a conventional waist band. I'm going to be 65 in about a month. Maybe I'm getting too old for "tights".
Not even! I'm 74, and I still wear them — either cropped or 7/8 length. Just look for some with no more than 10–12% spandex.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 03:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
So you're definitely not too old for leggings and not sure there IS an age

Now I haven't purchased any leggings from Ori active ( yet ) but they do offer a regular or "standard" waist band in several styles instead of the wide waistband.

You might post and see what people's thoughts are on them?

https://oriactive.com/collections/crop-capri

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 03:43 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
I am 66 and wear them everyday to work. I dress them up with sweaters, flats etc. Except in the summer, I go with t-shirts, sweater and my Keds. Right now I have on a flannel shirt and some low boots. I have to be comfortable while working all day. I struggle finding what I like as well. I have tried a lot of brands and the sizing is just so inconsistent.
Old 02-13-22, 02:33 AM  
hypnomoon

This is a wildcard but, have you checked out 5 Below? I have found leggings/tights just like you described. And, I have found some at Dollar General too. I'm 5'6" so, again, you may run into the same issues still. Just wanted to throw this in here for you. <3
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leggings