Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-21, 04:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
This is a timely subject for me as I live on a farm and have dirt roads so after a storm, when I go walking, it is truly sloshing in mud. I can't say enough good things about these boots:
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1223...3&csp=a&pos=26
I wear them for walking all the time and they keep my feet dry and are comfortable enough to walk a few miles easily.
Oh my gosh..... I am suddenly obsessed with these boots. I don't quite live on a farm, though I do have 60+chickens. I live in California and it seems ridiculous for me to contemplate another pair of boots. I do not need these, but I want them......
Old 01-04-21, 04:18 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
ETA:

Anna, the idea to try men's shoes is interesting. My toes often get smushed in women's shoes (including my Lands End snow boots, which I hardly wear b/c they hurt my toes after a short period). The size might be tricky though - my husband wears a size 8, and his shoes are just a little too big for me (I'm a size 8.5 women's).

Since I don't wear my snow boots, I'm hoping that the new rain boots will work for both rain & snow.
I wear men's running shoes sometimes because the toe box is roomier and more comfortable for me. I always buy two sizes smaller in men's. I wear a 9.5 women and order 7.5 men.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 04:27 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh my gosh..... I am suddenly obsessed with these boots. I don't quite live on a farm, though I do have 60+chickens. I live in California and it seems ridiculous for me to contemplate another pair of boots. I do not need these, but I want them......
They look both very cute and very functional ...
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:01 PM  
BunnyHop

This has been such a great conversation!

Just checking in after trying a pair of rain boots (Sperry) that didn't fit well and didn't have any real support, I decided to get a pair of these Gore-Tex Hoka One One's. The price tag took my breath away, but after having tried several other pairs of boots I decided it was time to veer back towards a sneaker style.

They seem to be comfortably supportive, and one hopes they are actually as wet-weather friendly as the description seems to indicate.

I'm seriously tempted to get some LL Bean boots, though, since it sounds as though those would accommodate a warm insole insert quite easily. (The other boots I'd tried were just too small.)

Is anyone else just smitten with those red boots, though? Wish I could be sure they'd fit my wide feet, I'm tired of returning things.
Old 01-08-21, 02:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I bet you'll be very happy with those Hoka's. I bought a pair for doing the Avon 39 and they were so comfy -- I wore them for a long time after (mine were not gore tex).

As for the coveted red boots..... I was all set to order and then realized they were back ordered. They're supposed to be back in stock on January 18. I'm thinking about them but with they had a 6" instead of 8".
Old 01-08-21, 02:38 PM  
Vantreesta

Anna, looking forward to your thoughts on the Hokas. I used to wear Hokas for running but the toe box on Altra is so much better so I switched but I love the cushion of Hokas. I hadn't looked at them since I switched and didn't know they had a GoreTex shoe!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 05:58 PM  
gladgirl

Not practical, not inexpensive; but oh so cute!

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ugg-clas...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:19 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Not practical, not inexpensive; but oh so cute!

Those are cute!

I like the Hokas just fine so far, but really wish more manufacturers made wide shoes available in their more popular styles, especially the ones that look sort of sleek.
Old 03-01-21, 10:54 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Skechers Bobs has some cute, very highly rated rain boots on QVC.
Gams- Thank you for the Skechers Bobs suggestions. I went to a Skechers store today and picked up a pair. They are cute and comfy! I haven't tested them out yet, but they are already so much better than the other rain boots I bought and returned!
Old 03-02-21, 03:35 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I wear Merrills that look like sneakers when it rains and my feet stay dry, though it's not as if it's a downpour.
I wear waterproof Merrels too, for walking in wet conditions. Same support and comfort as my other walking/running shoes only my feet don't get were.

Tags
boots, cold weather, hiking boots, shoes, walking boots, winter workouts