Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-19, 02:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Not too see through for working out or even lounging are they? I am very interested in several pairs of these!

Also how is the fit/sizing?
I don’t find them see through, but I guess that could depend on how much they’re stretched. I buy the standard one size. I am 5’6” tall & weigh 130 lbs.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-19, 03:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I LOVE the shorts and the sports bras on the I AM BECOMING website.
https://www.iabmfg.com/

The shorts are fantastic. They are comfortable, tons of fun patterns, and different lengths. I think I have about 6 pair now. I'm crazy for the flag/patriotic patterns.

There are matching sports bras too. I have 3 pair from the Namaste collection which also work great for cardio and weight work too.

I only have one of their tank tops. Nothing special, just a good cotton tank top.

Those are my favs right now.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 08:55 AM  
Ann1964

I like the 90 degree leggings I get from T.J Maxx and Amazon
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 09:07 AM  
ChelePA

My daughter just bought me Amazon Essentials workout shirts. Love them!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 08:28 AM  
fanofladyvols

FYI I see Marika, 90 degrees, beyond yoga and kyodan at tjmaxx, Marshalls all the time. I wondered whether they were worth trying sometime.

I tried the kyodan last year. I find them to be the perfect mix of slightly compressive but still comfy pajama and workout legging. They also have pockets! The kyodan and a pair of Vina yoga pants are my favorite.

I'm not sure they are as good quality as Lululemon though. The used Lululemon Capri I purchased at a thrift store still looks new after my pajama to workout field test.

I am hoping the new underarmour shorts I bought will be my favorite shorts. They have pockets so it's a good start!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 09:37 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
FYI I see Marika, 90 degrees, beyond yoga and kyodan at tjmaxx, Marshalls all the time. I wondered whether they were worth trying sometime.
I've got some Marika and really like them.

I do tend to only wear actual workout clothing when I'm going to be working out outside the house. If I'm at home, I'm in my pajamas or stretchy jeans.
Old 12-29-19, 09:27 AM  
ncl

I have a lot of Danskin. I have shorts, capris, leggings for colder months. I think they are well made, last a long time and often they have fabulous sales and I have stocked up during those times.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 12:30 PM  
marki64

I also shop at Ross and TJ Maxx for workout wear. I concur that Marika and 90 Degrees are good quality clothing. I also like Reebok. It fits me well and not as expensive as the other big names.

I do think Under Armour is the best and if I can find it on sale I will buy it. I don't think Nike is that great of quality. My daughter is a big Nike person and I don't think the price is worth the quality. Just my opinion. I also don't care for who they endorse either and for that reason, I'm out.

I think Kohl's Tech Gear has really improved their fitness wear. It is much better quality than it used to be. I really like their sports bras.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 01:05 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I like most things Tek Gear from Kohl's and sports bras from C9 Champion at Target (I usually have to order online to get my plus sizes).

I somewhat recently discovered (via someone's recommendation on VF I think) that Hanes/Just My Size has really cheap cottony stretchy bike shorts. I mean, really cheap. I paid $6.40/pair and got free shipping around Black Friday/Cyber Monday on the Hanes/JMS website to stock up on more of them. But they're always running sales.

They're great for at home workouts and treadmill walks and are holding up normally with cold wash and hang dry. Shipping is slow-paced but I can't complain at that price. I tried a couple of their bras but ended up returning them via mail. Not enough support and one came snagged with a hole already so I didn't have a good feeling about their long term durability.
adawn is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness clothing, leggings, workout clothes, workout clothing, yoga pants