Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-19, 07:42 AM  
Izzy

I do CS/Essentrics 3-5x per week. I often go back and do the older seasons just because I like them so much. When you do something over and over sometimes you are just going through the motions, not really thinking about what you are doing. But after I had knee surgery last February, as part of my recovery I had to go back and do workouts like Posture and Pain relief and bone strengthening or Miranda's beginner workouts and I found myself really listening to some of what she and the other instructors are saying. And, now I am catching things I didn't really catch before and it really makes a difference. I make myself really listen vs just go through the motions. It has helped immensely.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 07:58 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
For those of you that do both T-Tapp and CS/Essentrics, what is your frequency of each per week to get results?

I like to do both also but need to figure out a better way to be consistent. I’m hoping someone can chime in with how often they do both and what each workout provides that 5he other doesn’t.
Right now I'm doing CS three Xs a week and T-Tapp 2 or 3 Xs a week. With T-Tapp, I'm cycling among all three MORE workouts.

As for how they complement each other, give me some time to ponder this. I promise to get back to you by Sunday.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 08:15 AM  
anjabear

Annie that is wonderful for you!
You're so right about doing something the wrong way over and over will never fix "it". And one doesn't know it's wrong until somehow they find out!
Old 09-25-19, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Congratulations and thank you for the reminder about Miranda's books. I discontinued ETV but have both books and should review some of the workouts.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 10:49 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
For those of you that do both T-Tapp and CS/Essentrics, what is your frequency of each per week to get results?

I like to do both also but need to figure out a better way to be consistent. I’m hoping someone can chime in with how often they do both and what each workout provides that 5he other doesn’t.
I remembered that I've discussed this on VF before, so I did a search. This is what I found (cutting and pasting from previous posts):

I want to add this, which I learned from Teresa Tapp, also:

Good posture starts with the feet.

In her Barefoot workout and in a couple of her warm up workouts, as well as her finger and feet dvd, she shows how to stand properly, using specific foot muscles, to get the most out of her workouts. I use t-tapp stance for every workout, for walking, even for sitting (she's got a chair workout that shows how to use the feet to get the thighs/back into proper alignment).

I credit her 'ribs up' (and lats engaged) admonitions to alleviating most of my back pain, unless I do something (yard work, moving furniture) to pull my muscles out of alignment.

From Miranda Esmonde White, I will add moving around while I'm in a stretching position. She shows how to get into position and then how to move around in it to hit as many muscles as possible. Before anyone applies this willy-nilly, please make sure you're in proper form!

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 11:32 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I do CS/Essentrics 3-5x per week. I often go back and do the older seasons just because I like them so much. When you do something over and over sometimes you are just going through the motions, not really thinking about what you are doing. But after I had knee surgery last February, as part of my recovery I had to go back and do workouts like Posture and Pain relief and bone strengthening or Miranda's beginner workouts and I found myself really listening to some of what she and the other instructors are saying. And, now I am catching things I didn't really catch before and it really makes a difference. I make myself really listen vs just go through the motions. It has helped immensely.

Mary
This is what I am trying to do as well. Being mindful while doing the workouts is really helpful.
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 12:18 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
ETA: Never mind my first question! I see you addressed that. Sorry!!

I have a couple of questions........ for anyone who has the second Aging Backwards book (different title, but that's the subtitle) that came out this year, do you think that explains it well enough? I remember that book getting not so great reviews, but maybe because it was just an unnecessary repeat? I have that version for kindle.

Second, Annie, are you just doing one CS episode 3-5 times per week, or more than that?
Bee, I'm doing different episodes. Right now, I'm making my way through Season 9. Also, regarding the book, I read the second version but I don't know if it's strictly necessary to get that version. She does say she's updated it with new information regarding fascia, and I find that topic very interesting!
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 12:24 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Annie, wow! That's impressive. Can you say more about how the book made things so much clearer for you?
Beth, before reading the book, I didn't even know there was an entire philosophy behind it. To me, it was just another workout. In the book, Miranda explains the history of it, why she does what she does, why it gets the results it does, etc. And, of course, tips on how to do the moves. It just enlightened me that there was more behind all of it than what you see on the TV screen.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 12:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
Beth, before reading the book, I didn't even know there was an entire philosophy behind it. To me, it was just another workout. In the book, Miranda explains the history of it, why she does what she does, why it gets the results it does, etc. And, of course, tips on how to do the moves. It just enlightened me that there was more behind all of it than what you see on the TV screen.
Thanks Annie! I saw that my library has the book, so I am going to try to pick it up some time.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 12:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
Bee, I'm doing different episodes. Right now, I'm making my way through Season 9. Also, regarding the book, I read the second version but I don't know if it's strictly necessary to get that version. She does say she's updated it with new information regarding fascia, and I find that topic very interesting!
Thanks, Annie! I actually only have the second round of the book. I'm just about to start it -- we'll see if it's illuminating for me. I like what you said about correcting imbalances. Since I spent a few months in physical therapy this year fixing a few different areas on my body -- it was like peeling an onion -- once one area was fixed, I found a new problem to work on. Theoretically I know what to do now, but I think this could potentially help really cement it for me. Thanks!

Tags
aging backwards, classical stretch, classical stretch results, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, ttapp