Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-19, 01:43 PM  
killoffsonny

Most people will wear leggings with a t-shirt or yoga type top. I'm like Bubbles......I don't like anything tight so I have two pairs of loose fitting capri length yoga pants that I wear. I do have some leggings and will wear them in the winter. But when its hot I hate anything tight on my body. I'm not overweight by any stretch but I don't have a perfect body so I like to cover up as much as possible and still be cool and comfortable. I don't spend a lot of money on workout clothing.

One of the things I like about working out at home is I can work out in my underwear and a t-shirt. Just saying.
Old 05-21-19, 02:18 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Everyone does seem to wear full-length or capri leggings. I am ALWAYS hot though, so I often wear bike-length shorts and sometimes skorts. I take spin classes and am often the only person not in all or mostly black--I love color!

Dress in whatever you are comfortable in. I would recommend actual tech clothing though--even the kind from say Walmart or TJ Maxx--over regular t-shirts. Something breathable can go a long way towards keeping you comfy, and while I don't like anything really fitted, I also avoid really baggy clothing because it tends to get caught on equipment.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 02:20 PM  
bfit

There's a version of a skort that is a skirt on top and longer capri length tights underneath instead of shorts underneath. I have two of these from Lands End although I think you could find them elsewhere too. It's sort of a more modest cross between leggings and a skort. Your rear end and upper thighs are covered by the skirt, and instead of short shorts under the skirt there's longer tights. I think they'd be a good fit for a gym.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 03:25 PM  
BunnyHop

I wear my ancient old Adidas pants with the three stripes because they have a pocket for my keys. Was just noticing that I need a few new pairs since some of the seams on mine are wearing out. The rest looks fine, so maybe I can sew them? Can you tell I hate trying to figure out what to wear?
Old 05-21-19, 03:53 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I loved the capri yoga leggings Danskin Now from Walmart. They had a loose fit and had pockets. I wish they still had those.

Alison, are you talking about the Terra and Sky brand? I use those to wear around the house, but the material is kind of thick for me for workouts.

Sherry
I think mine are Danskin Now. (Can't check cause I'm out of town for a few days.)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 04:13 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I think mine are Danskin Now. (Can't check cause I'm out of town for a few days.)
Thanks! The Wal-Mart in my town does not seem to have them anymore, but I am going to check another location.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 04:18 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought several of these shorts! They have a pocket to put stuff and with a longer tshirt, they're very comfortable.

I wear them to the gym when we go on cruises or the rare occasion when we actually use our Planet Fitness membership, lol. They come in both regular and plus sizes and have a nice compression to them in the waist to "hold" everything in. Plus you can't beat the price! I just wash them in the washer and hang to dry.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-P...hort/183551097

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Activewea...hort/863911779
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-19, 05:45 PM  
Sollamyn

thanks for all the replies! I have ankle-length leggings and one pair of capri-length leggings that I wear for home workouts, but it's summer where I live, so I don't want to wear them at the gym. Plus, I don't think my tees are long enough to cover everything I want covered. I tried on bike shorts at Penneys and just didn't like the look on me--again, because my tees won't cover everything. And I don't want to buy new shirts. I'm trying to economize!

This is the skort I bought, on sale, yesterday: https://www.jcpenney.com/p/xersion-w...sion&badge=new

I looked in several other stores, but didn't see anything I thought I would be comfortable in (both physically and mentally). I may look at Kohl's for a good sale on some longer tops. BTW, my tees are also from an active wear department and are not 100% cotton. I really like them for workouts.

Donna
Old 05-21-19, 08:48 PM  
marki64

I still like compression shorts that come to mid thigh. I don't like them too short cause the ride up. I have a hard time finding them. I don't like working out in leggings because it's too hot and sweaty, unless it's yoga, then I will wear leggings. But I like my shorts, sports bra and tank.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 08:13 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Personally, I hate leggings and compression fabric. I wear capris and T shirts made of light breathable fabric. Going against the legging trend means having to look around a bit to find stuff I enjoy wearing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leggings, skort, workout clothes, workout clothing, yoga pants