Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-16, 11:27 AM  
ardnas

I did both of the Zumba Country workouts this morning. I liked the 2nd one better, though it has more impact, is easy to modify if necessary. I do not have dance socks and had no problems doing on carpet. There was only 1 song I didn't like in the first workout, otherwise the music is good. Not sure if I will keep. IMHO Country Heat is much better. I think this workout would have been much better with a different instructor, like Gina, and if the music only option sounded great - but even with those improvements, I still think I'd like CH better - it just has a super high fun factor.

More thoughts on Zumba Country...
Pros-
-good music
-generally fun
-some fun steps
-at times steps fit the song

Cons -
-music only option sounds horrible! I have every Zumba DVD except the very first & the senior set and only use music only and this has never happened before. It sounds muted, in mono, low volume and turning it up doesn't make it sound any better.
-the instructor. I find her very annoying - she says aw yeah, woo, yee haw, and other comments OFTEN. She sings along and not well. Does too many air guitars & fiddles & other cheesy moves -and I'm a Richard Simmons fan and ok with some cheese! I also do not like the way she does chugs.
-repetition - really lacks the variety, creativity, and flow of Country Heat - too many lassos, grapevines or cross over steps, and v steps.
-needs a lot of room - some double grapevines or 4 cross over steps to each side and does some four corner moves of 4 steps forward & back. I'm sure you can modify this, but may be of concern to someone with a small workout space.

Tags
zumba