Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-09, 11:45 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I have another vote for the "Firm Signature Move" leg press with heavy weights. I've gotten lots of comments on having a cute butt and it's thanks to the leg press and some floor work with ankle weights (think table, bridge work). I also agree that Pilates side leg work does great things for the glutes!
Is The Firm leg press similar to Cathe's leg press? Cathe typically holds one 15#-20# weight while doing leg presses on a 14" high step. Has anyone done both Cathe's and The Firm's leg presses? Can you tell me if they move at the same pace?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!!! Keep 'em coming!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 12:38 PM  
alisoncooks

What about the Original Buns of Steel? (it's on my mind lately, a I-wanna-get-this-but-am-holding-out DVD) Does it have good results for lifting/shaping/slimming this area?
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 12:40 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Is The Firm leg press similar to Cathe's leg press? Cathe typically holds one 15#-20# weight while doing leg presses on a 14" high step. Has anyone done both Cathe's and The Firm's leg presses? Can you tell me if they move at the same pace?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!!! Keep 'em coming!
I've not done leg presses in a long time but here's what I recall. The Firm goes slower and typically uses two weights. I went heavier with their workouts due to the pace, up to two 15 pounders. With Cathe I never used more than one 10-12 pound weight~a bit quicker pace. The exception was Pyramid Lower where I could go heavier with the barbell. HTH!
Old 11-10-09, 02:43 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
What about the Original Buns of Steel? (it's on my mind lately, a I-wanna-get-this-but-am-holding-out DVD) Does it have good results for lifting/shaping/slimming this area?
Search for clips on youtube. There is also a clip on the Funniest Exercise videos thread.
Old 11-10-09, 03:39 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I've not done leg presses in a long time but here's what I recall. The Firm goes slower and typically uses two weights. I went heavier with their workouts due to the pace, up to two 15 pounders. With Cathe I never used more than one 10-12 pound weight~a bit quicker pace. The exception was Pyramid Lower where I could go heavier with the barbell. HTH!
Thank you. I went to youtube and watched a clip from a Firm video and they are a bit slower. I think I will try this. I just received The Firm's Standing Legs in a trade but have yet to try it. Sounds like I will give it a whirl tonight. Wish me luck!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 01:55 AM  
tan3374

Another barre fan - especially the Iballets and Pure Barre. I also like the floor work from Cathe's Butts and Guts.
Weighted lunges and squats are good too - I incorporate them into kettlebell training a couple of times a week.
tan3374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 07:59 AM  
zumzum

Another vote for barre here--especially pretzels, those lift my rear like nothing else. I totally believe in ymmv (your mileage may vary) though, and know some people have gotten great results with weighted step-ups. Me, I got the dreaded Sponge Bob Square Pants butt when I tried FIRMing.
zumzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 08:10 AM  
lorajc

not to sound stupid, but what exactly does a sponge-bob square butt look like?? Flat? I'm clueless here and I've seen this referred to before.

Personally, I have a VERY rounded butt that is normally quite lifted, but when I did Barre work for a while, my DH commented that my butt appeared to be more lifted than usual.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 06:14 PM  
ladysaraii

Moving from my third floor apt to my 3 story townhouse. Instant results!

Funnily enough, I haven't been motivated to repeat the workout.

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 06:42 PM  
steakhousegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Core Fusion Glutes and Thighs. There are 3 glutes chapters on this dvd - each 10min long. These types of exercises are the ones I have found most effective for the butt.
I'm sure people are sick of me saying how much I love the CFs but one thing I've noticed: Whenever I go to a live class I can't help but be startled that the instructors and regular students have great lifted butts. Also their arms are super-toned (which always amazes me).

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glutes, spongebob butt