Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-22, 09:56 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes

Diana, yes, I know how that drug can do that. Hope you get some relief soon. Good you are seeing the doctor.

Cynthia, glad the performance went well. I know the Messiah is always a fun event of the year.

Cheryl, hope everyone is recovering.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 03:47 PM  
seabliss

No workout again today - still too sick. Hopefully tomorrow I can ease my way back in. I did take a covid test yesterday - didn't think it was, but just to check, and it was clearly negative.

Diana, I hope you can get this resolved soon and be able to get off the prednisone.

Cynthia, glad your performance went well and that you can take part in all of these fun events now.

Linda, I saw your post on the GD about cortisone injections. Have you ever tried platelet rich plasma injections? I've been told it's expensive in the U.S., but it might be worth it if suggested. It completely healed my elbow tendonitis.

Lynn, how are things going with your DH and his work?

When I'm sick, I struggle to do anything that I don't have to - scrape by with work and cooking, but nothing extra. Just tired in every way. I'm starting to feel like I want to try to do more again, so hopefully this is a good sign.
Old 11-29-22, 08:01 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Winsor Pilates. Needed something I could do lying down that wouldn't use my knees.I would have preferred something more rigorous, but I was busy with other things this morning, then it was time to go to the knee Dr. Before the monovisc injection, he removed fluid and advised me to take it easy today.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-22, 10:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had a good apt today with the thyroid Dr. My numbers are off again. She is contributing it to me being ill and was very helpful with the whole situation. She also said with me being sick that it can mess up your digestive system and cause issues with acid reflux. She wants to retest again in 3 months.

DH also had an apt today as well as an apt to do labs.

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 10:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,735

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-30-22, 12:28 PM  
lynnf

Jill Dailey Butt and Thigh Challenge day 3. The system for streaming this times out just before the end every time, which is annoying. They say to move your cursor to avoid the issue (why they have a set up which requires you to log in again 5 minutes before the end of the workout, I don't know), but that doesn't work.

Finishing up the semester now, but things are pretty much in ok order.

Cheryl, DH had a meeting with HR Monday and I came along. It went well, but she wanted documents, which we gave and now wants more. She is looking into things and will get back to us. She seemed supportive, but hard to know if she can work out a good solution, but she seemed to want to.

Diana, good your doctor seems to have a handle on what is going on with you. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cynthia, hope your knee is up and running soon, but good you are giving it the rest it needs.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 02:41 PM  
seabliss

Had another night of coughing and (trying to) sleep for a long time, and didn't feel great today. I think it's partly because our house is so cold and my cold-blooded body has to work extra hard to stay warm. We are having central heating installed but it's been delayed quite a bit. But in the last couple of hours my energy level has increased, which hopefully signals healing. Hoping for a good night of sleep tonight. I come from a family of coughers, so we don't do well at night with colds. Maybe the corner is turning though.

Lynn, thanks for the update on your DH. At least HR is amenable to your DH's issues and not just on the side of his boss.

Cynthia, Winsor Pilates sounds kind of perfect right now. Hope the knee treatments bring great relief.

Diana, thyroids and hormones have such a major effect on us. Hope you can get this sorted quickly and feeling better.
Old 11-30-22, 05:09 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cheryl, the only pain relief ever offered has been cortisone injections or anti-inflammatories which I'd rather not take.

I hope Cheryl, Diana, and Cynthia feel better soon. Best of luck to Lynn's dh with HR.

I'm still recovering from wrist surgery. Doing the exercises and wearing the splint. Using my fingers is very painful so I try not to. I can tell its going to be a very long recovery. Slowly going nowhere.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 09:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Healing thoughts all around.

Lynn, here's hoping for a sane and just work outcome.

Linda, I wonder if your eating issues would allow for turmeric. The root can be grated. It's a natural pain reliever. My OTC knee pills include it.

Diana, biotin can result in less accurate lab results for thyroid. I know this from experience after I read a warning sign in the lab. Even if you don't take it separately, it is in most multivitamins. My endo has me abstain from biotin for a week before a blood draw.

Check-in: Flat Belly Barre. Right knee a bit stiff but no pain.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 09:50 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Another busy day. No workout. Tomorrow I have an apt with the primary care Dr. about the respiratory issue. Today was a much better day.

I have been busy but also trying to take it easy since being sick. I have been sick for about 6 weeks now. One day I would be better and then the next not.

We will be able to spend Christmas at our friend's vacation home in the mountains.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana