Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-22, 01:55 PM  
sherry7899

Bzar we own all three on dvd. There is also an excellent documentary about The Wrecking Crew who.are the musicians who played ion many albums released in the 1960s. I need to look up the title.

Oops, it is just called The Wrecking Crew.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 06:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Bzar we own all three on dvd. There is also an excellent documentary about The Wrecking Crew who.are the musicians who played ion many albums released in the 1960s. I need to look up the title.

Oops, it is just called The Wrecking Crew.
lol. i did a search right after i posted to find other titles, and TWC was on that list. however, it occurred to me i had never seen The Last Waltz, so i requested it from the library. I will request TWC after i watch TLW.

are you into punk rock? there's a really good fictional Japanese film called Linda Linda Linda (2005). it has English subtitles. this group of 4 school girls who are devotees of the Ramones and the punk rock scene get together to perform at their school. they actually play their own instruments and sing.
it's cute and a great flick.

there's some clips on youtube.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 06:34 PM  
sherry7899

Bzar, I have not seen that one. Thanks!

Old 11-16-22, 07:34 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Not sure it's everyone's cup of tea, but Last Days Here was a fascinating (to me) documentary following the lead singer of Pentagram. One of my favorite songs (in general) is "Be Forewarned".
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 07:57 PM  
sherry7899

There is an excellent documentary about Sinead O'Connor on Showtime called "Nothing Compares." I got a free trial just so I could see it.

Old 11-16-22, 09:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
There is an excellent documentary about Sinead O'Connor on Showtime called "Nothing Compares." I got a free trial just so I could see it.
i love her music. thanks for the tip. adding to my list of what to watch.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 10:36 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Wanted to see this. Might use the free trial like you. Thanks for the tip.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-22, 10:41 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Just watched this today...excellent. Also not music related but enjoyed John McEnroe's documentary too.

Xfinity is having free tv week so I was able to watch both since I don't subscribe to these channels.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic