Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-22, 09:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I'm watching Dead to Me. It is OK. The acting is very good. I just don't love it. I'll finish Season 2 and decide if I want to continue.

I really enjoyed season 1 of Dead to Me but didn't like the second season at all. It's been awhile and I forget what even happened so I'm hesitant about season 3. But it sounds like season 3 is improved over season 2? Or I'm hoping so anyway.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 11:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hah, I love Buffy!! Have you watched The IT Crowd? It is gloriously hilarious!!
Haven't seen the IT crowd yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Alta, did you watch Better Call Saul?
Do I need to re-watch Breaking Bad to enjoy Better Call Saul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Just don't snatch up your remote and throw it at the wall when you reject a show!
LOL! It's tempting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I really enjoyed season 1 of Dead to Me but didn't like the second season at all. It's been awhile and I forget what even happened so I'm hesitant about season 3. But it sounds like season 3 is improved over season 2? Or I'm hoping so anyway.
I gave up on Dead to Me. I got sick of the one character's anger outbursts and the other one apologizing all the time. It got boring.

I started on a documentary series that I am enjoying:

The Movies That Made Us

It's fun!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 02:22 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad. You don’t have to remember what happened but you’ll remember the characters, lol!

It’s really a great show! They just showed the last season a few months ago. I think there will be a spin-off show from it too.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 06:23 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Season 3 is the final season. It wraps everything up and focuses on the close bond between Jen and Judy. I really liked it. I did watch the last episode of Season 2 before I started Season 3 to make sure I wasn't lost. It's a different vibe than Season 2 - more serious, yet still funny and very emotional.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 07:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Season 3 is the final season. It wraps everything up and focuses on the close bond between Jen and Judy. I really liked it. I did watch the last episode of Season 2 before I started Season 3 to make sure I wasn't lost. It's a different vibe than Season 2 - more serious, yet still funny and very emotional.
I'm in process of rewatching 1 and 2 before starting 3 and it's all your fault for reminding me of this show.

On another note, there was an episode where Jen goes to a dance class (I think in season 1) and dang, Christina is an excellent dancer, definitely professionally trained (in my opinion)!!

Vvfer, I tried to watch AHS Season 10. I Joni-O'd it halfway through the first episode. Nope, just nope!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 09:44 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm in process of rewatching 1 and 2 before starting 3 and it's all your fault for reminding me of this show.

On another note, there was an episode where Jen goes to a dance class (I think in season 1) and dang, Christina is an excellent dancer, definitely professionally trained (in my opinion)!!

Vvfer, I tried to watch AHS Season 10. I Joni-O'd it halfway through the first episode. Nope, just nope!!
Thank you.

I think she actually studied ballet. It's sad that she now has MS - not just because she's a dancer, but it's just sad. I read that Netflix was going to kill Season 3, but she insisted she could do it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 10:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I really enjoyed the first couple seasons of The Movies That Made Us. Then, the third season was a lot of horror films, which you would probably like, but which I had no interest in and I got away from it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
That's a good idea to watch the last episode of season 2 to remind myself what happened. I wouldn't want to watch the whole season again. Thanks.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 11:04 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thank you.

I think she actually studied ballet. It's sad that she now has MS - not just because she's a dancer, but it's just sad. I read that Netflix was going to kill Season 3, but she insisted she could do it.
It is very sad. I noticed in that dance scene a moment where her ankle was shaking and wondered if she was having symptoms back then.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 11:04 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
When the pandemic began, to avoid negativity and news, I stopped watching TV and only watched Kdramas.

Other than Cobra Kai and Handmaid's Tale, I no longer watch American shows/TV.

Kdramas have become so popular that Netflix, Disney, & Apple have begun making their own. Unfortunately Americanizing them and losing the elements that make them great. eg: adding multiple seasons, no conclusions, less & shorter episodes, explicit violence, sex, swearing. Although Netflix has made a few good ones: Hometown Cha Cha Cha, Navillera, Move to Heaven, Tomorrow, Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

I am currently watching Extraordinary You - about a girl who realizes she is a character in a comic book and has to do whatever the author writes when in a scene, but is trying to change her fate.

Before that I watched Hometown Cha Cha Cha, which I really liked. About a female dentist who leaves the big city and opens a dental practice in a small seaside town where everyone knows everyone. Such a cute & fun romantic comedy, loved all the townspeople and their stories.
Hi Sandra!

I'm still watching Korean shows, too. I find having to read the subtitles helps me concentrate and distracts me when I'm feeling anxious.

I did take a break from K-dramas, but recently watched Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist. Hometown Cha Cha Cha and Extraordinary Attorney Woo are on my list to watch, though I don't know when I'll get to them.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime, binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, netflix, off topic, off-topic