Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-22, 06:54 PM  
sweetandsassy

Question Searching for Powerfit purple (medium) resistance band

I hope all is well, VF family! I haven’t posted in a long time, but I do lurk occasionally. It is great to see some familiar names!

I am determined to be more consistent with strength training and I was so proud of myself for finishing Powerfit Harmony. While I was doing Powefit Plus: Total Express today, my purple (medium) band ripped while doing plie squats *cries*

Does anyone have the intact purple band they would be willing to sell me as they are no longer being produced? I am also open to purchasing the original Powerfit set too as I don’t have that either. I have Powerfit Harmony, Powerfit Plus, and the pink and green bands.

My apologies if this is not allowed in general discussion; I just don’t know how active the Video Exchange is anymore.

Much love to you all!
sweetandsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 11:58 PM  
bfit

Could we just help you figure out which other bands might be equivalent to the purple band? There are so many bands out there it's hard to believe there isn't one that's the same as that one. Or go to a sporting goods store and try a few different bands to see what feels right. There's a sporting goods store near me that cuts off pieces of about 6 different types of band to make it a customized length for you. Physical therapy clinics sometimes sell bands too, and they might let you try a few.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 12:19 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Could we just help you figure out which other bands might be equivalent to the purple band? There are so many bands out there it's hard to believe there isn't one that's the same as that one. Or go to a sporting goods store and try a few different bands to see what feels right. There's a sporting goods store near me that cuts off pieces of about 6 different types of band to make it a customized length for you. Physical therapy clinics sometimes sell bands too, and they might let you try a few.
Yes, I agree. PT clinics, sporting goods stores, and even some pharmacies sell bands by the foot in different resistance levels.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 07:55 AM  
dnna

I ckeaned out a closet yesterday and I found a unopened package of Powerfit harmony bands! green -pink-and purple! happy to send them to you, pm me!
dnna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 08:12 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I ckeaned out a closet yesterday and I found a unopened package of Powerfit harmony bands! green -pink-and purple! happy to send them to you, pm me!
dnna
VFers always come through !

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 12:01 AM  
sweetandsassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
dnna
I received these in the mail today from Donna and it made my week. I am so grateful for her kindness and generosity. VF is really a great community.

Last edited by sweetandsassy; 11-22-22 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typos
sweetandsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 05:12 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Bands do tend to tear or stick together so I would recommend still looking around for the equivalent of a purple band so you know what to get if that one isn't usable anymore.

Tags
powerfit plus, resistance bands