Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-21, 11:08 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

New BODi On Demand (Beachbody)

I signed up for the Beta version of BODi (Beachbody On Demand interactive) which is airing Mon/Wed/Fri in August for three classes each day.

It's kind of like Cathe Live in that it's filmed live but with a ton of Zoom screens with participants. It's like the Cathe Live virtual roadtrip we did last November.

They have various instructors filming and so far they have Amolia, Megan, Autumn, and Joel plus new instructors scheduled. I previewed one of Amolia's workouts and it looked like a 30 minute version of his new program. The workouts all look to be 30 minutes long, too.

I signed up via an email for the Beta version in August (they sent a link to subscribe to the Nutrition Plan and BODi). It's $19.95 per month. I'm not sure if they're going to make BODi it's own add on subscription, or if it's permanently part of the Nutrition subscription. Oh, and you have to have the base Beach Body On Demand Subscription ($99 per year).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 01:42 PM  
Rhonda

I didn't sign up as I didn't want to have to pay for another subscription and $20 seems high to me especially when we have already paid for the BOD subscription.

I would love to see one of my fave instructors Jennifer Jacobs on BODi but not paying more money. She used to be with Peloton and I really liked her, she left and they took all her classes down.

I got sucked into BOD and did the one rotation 10 rounds and haven't found anything else to do. I did this before and let my subscription lapse but figure there were new programs but nothing that I feel like doing.

Let us know how you like it Kathy.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 02:33 PM  
pharma_gal

So what does this mean for the regular BOD subscription? Will there not be any more programs?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 03:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I didn't sign up as I didn't want to have to pay for another subscription and $20 seems high to me especially when we have already paid for the BOD subscription.

I would love to see one of my fave instructors Jennifer Jacobs on BODi but not paying more money. She used to be with Peloton and I really liked her, she left and they took all her classes down.

I got sucked into BOD and did the one rotation 10 rounds and haven't found anything else to do. I did this before and let my subscription lapse but figure there were new programs but nothing that I feel like doing.

Let us know how you like it Kathy.
Will do Rhonda. They’re archived like Cathe Live so I’m going to try some before next month. I hope they offer a discount if you subscribe for a year. I like doing that versus a monthly subscription.

I will probably never do one live with my camera on.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-16-21, 03:54 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
So what does this mean for the regular BOD subscription? Will there not be any more programs?
I think it’s just another way for them to offer more content. I think they’ll still have programs for BOD. I don’t think this will change that platform.

BODi is Live Workouts that are interactive if you log in when they’re filming and turn on your camera. They have different types of workouts like strength, Bootcamp, etc.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-16-21, 07:09 PM  
rhbrand

Sounds very interesting, but one reason I workout at home, is so no one sees me working out LOL

Goodness, no one needs to see me struggle, or worse, hear the words that might slip out when I call the instructor something cause they want another set of burpees or something.
Old 08-17-21, 02:08 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Sounds very interesting, but one reason I workout at home, is so no one sees me working out LOL

Goodness, no one needs to see me struggle, or worse, hear the words that might slip out when I call the instructor something cause they want another set of burpees or something.
I hear you Rhonda! . I plan to keep my camera off or do the archived workouts!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-18-21, 10:06 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post

This!!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 11:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

So now that Beachbody On Demand is now just BODi, they are offering monthly BODi Blocks that are like three week programs with a specific focus.

The “Super Trainer” BODi blocks are $29 (if you just want the workouts). Below are links to the FAQ pages that describe them and a calendar.

I bought the “21 Day Fix” Super Trainer BODi Block which starts April 3, 2023. At first I wasn’t going to buy any of them until I saw that they won’t be added to the library later. If you purchase them, they will always be available to you as long as you have a BODi subscription.

The only other two that interest me are Muscle Burns Fat (MBF) and LIIFT More later in the year. Yeah, I know..... But hopefully STS 2.0 will be delivered by the end of April so I can start that program.

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7958

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9037
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 03-21-23, 12:48 PM  
pharma_gal

I thought the Super blocks would be added to the library after 6 months. Is that not the case? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody on demand, bodi