Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-21, 09:36 PM  
prettyinpink

They recommend up to 8 pounds and for the strength moves, they move slow enough to use that much, or maybe you could use a little more if you are able.

I think of all of the workouts as more cardio and general fitness than strength-focused. The lower body work is bodyweight, and the upper body still seems heavier on shoulders than anything else, though it is a little bit stronger than what they used to have when they recommended 2 pound weights.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 05:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
They recommend up to 8 pounds and for the strength moves, they move slow enough to use that much, or maybe you could use a little more if you are able.

I think of all of the workouts as more cardio and general fitness than strength-focused. The lower body work is bodyweight, and the upper body still seems heavier on shoulders than anything else, though it is a little bit stronger than what they used to have when they recommended 2 pound weights.
Thanks for the clarification!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 07:55 AM  
amery

Thanks for all the answers to my questions. I subscribed!

I could find 2 monthly challenges: one from January 2020, and one from January 2021.
I like the idea of doing the workouts they put out each week.
The website looks very easy to use. You can find workout by almost any criteria you want, workout length, workout focus (ie strength, cardio, core, etc) equipment used, and instructor. (Maybe more options as well, I just briefly looked through them)
There are also several "collections" to browse.

I'm so excited to get started! I am craving the mind/body connection with the strength and cardio connection. I need some calm in my life, but want to feel like I "worked" and really need/enjoy a cardio buzz. I think and hope that these will fit the bill!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 08:26 AM  
dlb

I had subscribed with the BF offer last year. I contacted Barre3 knowing that I will be keeping it at renewal. I asked about getting the $99 price. The person was very helpful & when my renewal comes up it will be at $99.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for it..

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 01:10 PM  
amery

I'm LOVING this subscription..totally obsessed right now. I think these workouts are what I kind of wished Ellen's streaming was..a little more intense but still feel good, empowering, and SO much variety! I'm so happy I took the plunge and subscribed. They are just what I need right now.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 04:34 PM  
prettyinpink

I’m glad so many people are liking these workouts.

For anyone who likes gliding discs in their workouts, the barre3 ones are my favorite ones since I got them, and they are on sale for $10 now.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 02:33 AM  
hypnomoon

I took advantage of this great deal!
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming