Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-20, 08:55 AM  
sherry7899

Zumba question

I pulled out some Zumba dvds to give them another try. I have more dance workout experience now than when I bought them.

I started with "Activate" I did not really have trouble with catching onto the steps, but the SPEED of some of the steps tripped me up. I was doing them half time.

Has anyone started this way and worked up to their speed? I may go back to a really old beginner release and do that first. I think it moves more slowly.

Is anyone still doing Zumba? I don't see it mentioned much here.

I am trying to work through my never used/barely used dvds.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 08:01 PM  
Betty Boop

Sherry - Zumba is still popular around here, and most of the gyms have at least one class. Right now I'm a fan of Helle Rasmussen on YouTube. Her group contains women of all ages and sizes which is nice. It takes me a while to be able to follow her -- she does stuff at a fast s-p-e-e-d. But it's worth while to hang on. The first one of hers that I attempted was: Hit the Road Jack - https://youtu.be/UWeBKnCU6qM. Even when I couldn't follow her exactly, I had a great time.
Old 03-02-20, 12:36 AM  
Sand

I actually got started doing Zumba on the Wii, I had to wear a belt with the remote. I got so into it, I bought an Xbox because you could do the workouts without having to wear the belt. I've never taken an actual Zumba class because I don't like group classes. The last time I did group classes was as a teen, for dancing.

Activate is my favorite Zumba DVD! I would suggest modifying the moves. I had a major health setback since my prime Zumba days and now have to modify so that I don't tire myself. Don't focus so much on the speed, focus on the steps and go at your own pace. You have the option of just listening to the music and not listening to the instructors, which might be helpful in just working on the moves.

The Quick Start DVD is 20 minutes long and you can move up from there. Also, there is the Zumba Gold DVD which is an even lower impact DVD.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zumba