Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-17, 07:46 AM  
SuzieC

Zumba Exhilarate or Incredible Results?

Hi all,
I'm late to the Zumba party. Until now, I haven't tried Zumba because I don't really like Latin music (the horror! I know. ).
But, I saw the Incredible Slimdown at a store for 20$ and I picked it up.

I was surprised that I really liked the workout, I got my heart rate up with zero impact (yay!), and the instructors and cueing were right on.

Plus, some of the songs were more modern-sounding (like dance music), so the music didn't bother me too much.

Since I can no longer do impact cardio (TA cardio was my mainstay), I'm looking to get more Zumba workouts.

I'm totally new to Zumba, should I get the Exhilarate set or the Deluxe Incredible Results?

Would love opinions. Thanks!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 08:26 AM  
andtckrtoo

I'd double check the videos in Incredible Results. If I remember right, there are some duplications with Incredible Slim Down (just verified it). Exhilarate is one of my all time favs, but there were a lot of complaints about the flashing lights, etc. It's a pretty slick set, meaning that it's much more staged than Incredible results, but I like that.
Old 04-20-17, 09:19 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I'd double check the videos in Incredible Results. If I remember right, there are some duplications with Incredible Slim Down (just verified it). Exhilarate is one of my all time favs, but there were a lot of complaints about the flashing lights, etc. It's a pretty slick set, meaning that it's much more staged than Incredible results, but I like that.
Thanks for this! I noticed the duplications, which is why I would opt for the deluxe version (to get more unique DVDs) - I wonder if the step platform is fun.

Edited to add: Are these the two main DVD sets? Exhilarate and Incredible Results? Or are there others I should include in my comparison?

Last edited by SuzieC; 04-20-17 at 09:26 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-20-17, 03:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the incredible results series has some step workouts in it. the step is a round, low step.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 07:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Suzie, I'm curious about what store you got it for $20?! As I think we live in the same city.

There is another Zumba system that came before the Exhilarate set, called "Total Body Transformation System" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBm0ZHE8NOg

I agree about so many duplicates after the Incredible Results set. There is also the Tone Up Plus set, which contains several workout from the Incredible Results set, but none from the Incredible Slimdown set (so you would not get duplicates with this one), it also has 2 completely new toning workouts for the Upper Body using the Zumba sticks (2.5 lbs maracas included), but it doesn't contain any of the Zumba Step workouts. HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 08:18 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Suzie, I'm curious about what store you got it for $20?! As I think we live in the same city.

There is another Zumba system that came before the Exhilarate set, called "Total Body Transformation System" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBm0ZHE8NOg

I agree about so many duplicates after the Incredible Results set. There is also the Tone Up Plus set, which contains several workout from the Incredible Results set, but none from the Incredible Slimdown set (so you would not get duplicates with this one), it also has 2 completely new toning workouts for the Upper Body using the Zumba sticks (2.5 lbs maracas included), but it doesn't contain any of the Zumba Step workouts. HTH
Thanks! I didn't realize we were in the same city! I actually went to Ottawa last week and picked it up at Showcase at the Saint Laurent mall. It's also available online: https://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com...own-dvd-system
Old 04-27-17, 12:30 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Thanks! I didn't realize we were in the same city! I actually went to Ottawa last week and picked it up at Showcase at the Saint Laurent mall. It's also available online: https://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com...own-dvd-system
You're welcome! Oh, I thought you bought it locally! Wish we had a Showcase near by! Did you decide what set to get? I also wanted to mention that the Zumba Tone Up Plus has three completely new workouts and not two as I mentioned before, I forgot about "Sentao" a Total Body resistance workout using the chair.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-27-17, 07:58 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You're welcome! Oh, I thought you bought it locally! Wish we had a Showcase near by! Did you decide what set to get? I also wanted to mention that the Zumba Tone Up Plus has three completely new workouts and not two as I mentioned before, I forgot about "Sentao" a Total Body resistance workout using the chair.
I ended up getting the Incredible Results deluxe to get the step and the workouts with the step including the glute and ab one.
Im really happy with it! I find the music better in this one than Exhilarate and the two male instructors (forgot their names, not Beto) are fantastic! Haven't tried the Beto workouts yet!
I figured I can use the step for the new Jessica Smiths as well!
I'm interested in those toning workouts you mentioned too!
Old 04-27-17, 10:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I didn't know Jessica was doing step now. what are the titles? (or give me a link).

sorry for the hijack.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 11:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
I ended up getting the Incredible Results deluxe to get the step and the workouts with the step including the glute and ab one.
Im really happy with it! I find the music better in this one than Exhilarate and the two male instructors (forgot their names, not Beto) are fantastic! Haven't tried the Beto workouts yet!
I'm interested in those toning workouts you mentioned too!
That's great, I'm glad to hear you're loving the set! I love the music too. The one from the 20 min. workout is called Nick and the one from the Global and Latin Burst I think is Steve. The bad thing is that you'd get some repeats again from the Tone Up Plus set, here are the workouts included:

1- Toning 101 + 15 Minute Amazing Abs (as Incredible Results)
2- Target and Tone: Shoulder/Back & Biceps/Triceps (New, around 30 min. each, using the maracas)
3- Sentao (New, total body workout with the chair, around 35-40 min.)
4- 30 Minute Burn (live class with Gina Grant, as Incredible Results)
5- Fitness Concert (around an hour, as Exhilarate).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgP_oTsCYFs

I just checked the Showcase site, I already have the Slimdown set, but I see they have the Zumba 15 Day Fit set for 14.99 (it was 39.99), too bad it is already sold out online, as the only workout from that set I've is Zumba Max, it seems like all the other workouts are new. I'd love to find a preview of that one.

https://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com...mba-15-day-fit

Tags
zumba, zumba exhilarate, zumba incredible results