Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-14, 10:00 AM  
pricek

Mine is out for delivery!! I can't wait to try it! This is my first Zumba experience.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 10:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Eibhinn. We tend to have similar tastes (as we run across each other's paths often here at VF ) and your dissenting opinion helped me to not make an impulse purchase.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:21 AM  
Getfit

I received my set and so far I have tried the step one which I found boring and it could have been my mood. I also tried the 20 min workout which wasn't as intense as the Exhilarate 20 min w/o. Lastly, I have tried the Super Cardio dance which I love. I like the music more in that one. Its probably because I recognize some of the songs from actual Zumba class. I also like the intensity of this workout. I still have Bento's workout to try, the 30 min DVD and the ab workout. I was disappointed in the step workout. It looked like Bento was trying to find ways to incorporate it. The 24 hr gyms near me just introduced Zumba step classes about 2 mths ago. I thought it would be more along those lines of a real dance step class.
Old 04-26-15, 02:03 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I don't own Zumba Incredible Results, I've never tried it, and I don't really know anything about it.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to add a little completely-uninformed dissenting opinion for anyone who wants to be dis-enabled to ponder.

I bought Zumba Exhilarate based on an effusive thread much like this one where lots of people had just bought it and were still in the honeymoon period and were absolutely in love with it. I consider it to be one of the worst fitness purchases I have ever made. I like dance workouts and had tried Zumba before and expected to love it, despite the cheesiness - boy was I wrong.

In my opinion the whole point of the Zumba Exhilarate set was selling those dumb shaker weight things (or whatever they're actually called) - it was a cheap plastic maraca delivery mechanism. The sturdy packaging is designed around the weights - it's like the workouts were an afterthought tacked onto a folding cardboard pamphlet (the absolute worst DVD packaging I've ever seen). As a workout system, Exhilarate is poorly designed - the "strength" workouts seem completely random and thrown together and only there to justify having the cheap maraca weights included, which only seem there to justify the price-point they were aiming for. There was pretty much no stretching and instead of having a flexibility routine included (instead of, for instance, having the exact same workout included twice) they just wrote in the little pamphlet/booklet that you should stretch on your own.

Beyond that, I just didn't find the workouts fun, even though others did. For me, Zumba has this weird self-conscious trying way too hard to be cool schtick that I find just embarrassing to watch. Like, with the weird one pant leg rolled up thing they (used to?) do. It's all so corny. The one picture of this set I saw looked like a piece of equipment (a tiny step?) with some DVDs in crappy cardboard sleeves. It just looks like another cheap equipment delivery device to me.

Anyway - that's my rant about what a waste of money Zumba Exhilarate was. I've been buying (lots of) fitness dvds since I was in high school and I can't recall ever regretting a purchase more.
Oh man this is me!!! I want to get incredible results but I fear it will be like Exhilarate which was terrible. Please tell me (truthfully) that Incredible Results is different from Exhilarate!! Thank you.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 02:54 AM  
spotted zebra

I love Zumba Total Body Transformation (the most out of the sets you can do at home) and I also like Incredible Results enough that I still do it. For me they're both fun and I doubt I'll ever get rid of either set. Exhilarate is different enough from those two to not be for me. I also get to do Zumba live classes at lunchtime a couple of times a week at work now as a Zumba instructor works at my workplace in another department. That in itself is incredible with the music that can be played that can't be used on DVDs due to tough music restrictions. I hated Exhilarate. But I sort of knew it wasn't for me after watching clips on Youtube. I didn't listen to my gut instinct which said a big 'no' to that one.

ETA: I love the step/ rizer that comes with Incredible Results. There's nothing crappy about it (other than the color they chose perhaps, but I can live with that). I use it with other DVDs too and no longer use my other (bigger) step. I guess I should give the other step to Goodwill as it's still perfectly usable.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 07:31 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
Oh man this is me!!! I want to get incredible results but I fear it will be like Exhilarate which was terrible. Please tell me (truthfully) that Incredible Results is different from Exhilarate!! Thank you.
If you don't enjoy Zumba workouts and hated Exhilarate then DON'T get the new set. It's somewhat different of course but essentially more of the same. Zumba - love it or leave it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 08:07 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If you don't enjoy Zumba workouts and hated Exhilarate then DON'T get the new set.
Good advice - better safe than sorry. It's funny though, how many of us hated Exhilarate.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 09:10 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Eibhinn. We tend to have similar tastes (as we run across each other's paths often here at VF ) and your dissenting opinion helped me to not make an impulse purchase.
I do nearly nothing purchase-wise on impulse. Anymore.

This keeps my virgin ratio low and my collections, both audio and video, small.

That said, a Zumba-lover—just like anyone else—has to have a learning curve for such decisions. There are benefits and costs to every decision ever made.

Resisting the upsales to tchatkes and clothing, CDs and workshops (cruises? retreats?) are part of the Scylla and Charybdis of your journey down that river.

Consumerism-at-bazaar-sale was the modus operandi of The Masala Bhangra Workout, too; starting with the fact you had to show up to (live) class in loud, bright or Day-Glo colors ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-15, 02:37 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I actually like all of the Zumba sets. I'm a bit weird, I know. But like others have said, Incredible Results is different. Well done, and I really like Super Cardio Party and the 30 minute one. The 20 minute one is a little slow for me, but it's fun, too. I'm not as in love with the Step one. Maybe I need to pull it out again.
Me too. You are not alone. In fact, Zumba is my 'yoga'. I can't get calm from yoga, but I get some kind of euphoric sense of calmness and happiness after I finish a Zumba workout (or even TA streaming, just the standing part).
I just finished a Zumba dvd Mixx workout and came here to research about the Burst series & other series I don't have.
Even though there are several Zumba workouts in YT, I still like to own the DVDs since they are not grainy.

I haven't bought any dvds this year. The Zumba sets I don't own will probably my first. In fact, I want to buy a back-up Exhilarate set just in case.

Back to your scheduled thread.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-16, 09:41 AM  
rheash92

Old Thread Alert----

Anyone using these anymore? Does someone have a breakdown of the workouts? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zumba, zumba incredible results, zumba rizer, zumba step