Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-24, 12:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!

Yesterday was a wicked tough workout. Epic 3 Day 28 Diamond Chest, Triceps, Abs. Ow. CG uses 38 and 20. I used 30s and 20s. I tried to go heavier on the chest work but wasn't happening. The 20s for triceps was FAB!!! Good unweighted core work too.
FYI - all the exercises were done on the floor. Somehow I did NOT feel relaxed. LOL

Today I did Chris' sort of new 40 Min Fat Burning Cardio Mix to the Beat. That was FUN!! A mix of tabata, kickboxing, hi/low. Fun tunes as usual, nothing overly high impact and great modifications.

Had a checkup appointment with the Dr yesterday. Just routine. My doctor said "not a thing wrong with you!". Good to hear. Although my cholesterol is too high. I have not been eating very well so another reason to clean up my diet.

Anyone here on statins? I'm not on any prescription meds so not sure what to expect.

Back later!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 06:00 PM  
fatkat555

Hi, ladies!

Jules - hope you’re recovered from the virus.

Kate - I’m trying to yoga every day now, too! I’ve told myself not to go too crazy and to start with 15-20 minutes a day.

I’ve been slowly improving my strength and stamina. The last two days were more gentle workouts, yoga, essentrics barre, and I tried a FitPrime Just Right Cardio to see if it’d be good for my mom. Did I ever mention where my vidiocy comes from? My mom used to do LP (record) workouts back in the day. My sister inherited the gene and is a vidiot, too. My sister was here for a bit on VF, but she stopped posting years ago when she had internet problems.

Have a great day, ladies!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 09:48 AM  
Jules

I am able to post again today from my home computer!

Kate - You are killing it as usual. What is your heaviest set of dumbbells? Did you ever purchase Cathe's new barbell? I have not had blood work done for 3 years but my cholesterol was ok the last time I was checked. My MIL was able to lower her cholesterol dramatically just by adding a daily dose of Metamucil. She is also in very good shape and walks every day.

Fatkat - Do you feel like you are still recovering from Covid? So cool that your mom and sis are Vidiots too! My mom speed walks outside or on her elliptical machine for several miles every day. She won't touch weights because she thinks she will bulk up. She is turning 80 this year.

Unfortunately, I have still been unable to exercise. I had the best intentions yesterday, but came down a headache at work and got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out. I tugged on my earlobes and OW! I have had a low-grade infection in both ears with bad tinnitus for about a week now. I had a Teledoc visit last night and am going to try a 5 day dose of Prednisone. He also gave me a script for Azelastine nasal spray. I already use Flonase so I am not sure if it will be better? It is kind of expensive.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-24, 09:26 AM  
Jules

Morning! I did some lighter Cathe workouts (Travel Fit, ICE Rock 'Em Sock 'Em, and ICE Metabolic Total Body.) Then I started feeling like crap and I have another cold. Everyone at school seems to have it. It isn't horrible but I am getting pretty frustrated at this point. My ears are still ringing but the dizziness is better.
Old 02-06-24, 09:30 AM  
Jules

Are you ladies planning to preorder Cathe's new workouts? I am not sold on them yet. I usually do yin yoga for my restorative workouts.
Old 02-07-24, 08:27 AM  
fatkat555

Good morning!

Jules- I feel like it’s taking me a long time to recover. I’ve had sinus/ear clogging in one ear ever since. It seems to come and go. I thought it was gone, but it returned after last night’s workout. I was fine, but when I stood up after abs, the clog was back. It’s so frustrating. I also seem to have issues again with my heart rate accelerating when I’m not doing anything post infection. This is the reason I’ve been doing less intense cardio.

I’m working my way through the new KCM dvds. I’ve done three of the four workouts on the two dvds. These might make me reconsider my no-streaming ban so I might look into signing up for her RAW workouts.

I’m unsure if I’ll get the new Cathe dvds. It depends on price during the presale. I definitely can’t afford them this month. Hopefully, the presale will go for a while.

Kate - you’re a superwoman! As always, your workouts amaze me.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 02-09-24, 12:15 AM  
Jules

Hola! My cold is getting better and I worked out yesterday and today b/c I need the stress relief. I still have tinnitus and ear inflammation; I have a feeling it is going to hang around for a while.

Wed: ICE Bootcamp including the Blizzard Blast (I modified down in both weights and step height.)

Today: ICE Low Impact Sweat including the Blast. I didn't have to modify today but now I am feeling pretty wiped out. Hopefully my endurance will bounce back soon.

Fatkat: Great job listening to your body! You should definitely try RAW. Does KCM offer a free trial?
Old 02-13-24, 12:05 AM  
fatkat555

Jules - I downloaded the app and no free trial. It’s cheap though. I’m going to order the new Cathe set first and the consider the RAW. I have TONS of dvds though. Glad you’re finally getting better! I still have an occasional plugged ear.

I’m not lighting the world on fire, but I managed Cathe Lite Pyramid Pump, one of everything premix. I’m still studying and researching this Pilates machine I have. It’s so old that they’re not selling replacement parts for it so that stinks. I’m trying to figure out how to keep it working long term without breaking the bank. I wish they made a Pilates deck like they have for yoga asanas.

It’s Mardi Gras down here so I might be MIA tomorrow.

Old 02-13-24, 08:19 PM  
Jules

Happy Mardi Gras! Hope you are having fun, Fatkat!

I didn't party too hard during the Super Bowl because I felt very run-down the past couple of days. I am listening to my body and resting. I think it is sinus-related which always zaps my energy.

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!
Old 02-15-24, 09:23 AM  
Jules

Definitely have a sinus infection that was getting worse. I felt awful at work yesterday. Started antibiotics last night so hopefully I will be back on the workout train soon. I've been under the weather for waaaay too long.

Hope you ladies are doing well!