Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-21, 03:48 PM  
moonbeam31

Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga plus Pilates - 2020 DVD release

Does anyone have this one? I had it, did the first standing workout, liked it but traded it and just bought it again! I'm on a real Jessica kick since I have my very own workout room now! I have most of her dvds and sets. I did just get and did 4 mile Walk and lived it. Please give me feedback on Yoga+Pilates!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 04:07 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Does anyone have this one? I had it, did the first standing workout, liked it but traded it and just bought it again! I'm on a real Jessica kick since I have my very own workout room now! I have most of her dvds and sets. I did just get and did 4 mile Walk and lived it. Please give me feedback on Yoga+Pilates!
I would love to hear about it too. I’m also on a Jessica kick lately :-)
Old 05-07-21, 04:36 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I love the Pilates Floor workout on that DVD. It's an intermediate workout and has a lot of nice stretching throughout the workout. I always feel great after I finish that workout. I didn't care for the Standing yoga workout because it is more traditional yoga, which I'm not that fond of (I love Yin Yoga). I still think the purchase of the DVD was worth it because I like the Pilates Floor workout so much. A friend of mine (who is a yoga instructor) in the Barefoot and on the Mat check-in, really enjoyed the Standing Yoga workout much more than the Pilates Floor workout. I hope that helps!

Moonbeam, enjoy your workout room!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 05:58 PM  
katalina

I bought this one and her Simply Stretch dvd, which came out at the same time. I have been getting a lot of use out of the Simply Stretch dvd.

I prefer the other Jessica Yoga dvds I have to this new one one --
Gentle Yoga for Beginners & Beyond
Yoga Fusion Fix
Yoga Stretch for Beginners and Beyond
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 06:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I have and like both the Standing series and the Floor Flow. Each of the routines are very good workouts. Using "Gentle" in the title of this DVD is very misleading, as the workouts are challenging, but a very good mish-mash and hodge-podge of both disciplines. Jessica is very good here (as usual) and makes everything look effortless. The balance moves are challenging, as is the Pilates and yoga, but in a good way. Something to work towards with each time you pull this DVD out again!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:09 PM  
bfit

I have this one, and I like it. It is quite challenging though and not as relaxing and flexibility oriented as her workouts with "stretch" in the title. This is more like toning instead of stretching to me.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:38 PM  
moonbeam31

Thanks for all the feedback! I need to do the floor Pilates workout next ! I did like the standing yoga. The scenery is one of the reasons I love it so much!
Old 06-06-21, 10:02 PM  
moonbeam31

I love this one! Now I just ordered Yoga Fusion Fix and Total Stretch! Please tell me about both of these if you guys have them! Thanks!
Old 06-07-21, 07:23 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have this download and have done the floor mix but not the standing. It's a nice workout but I also agree the word "gentle" is misleading. Definitely challenging.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 10:56 AM  
moonbeam31

Good to know, it is a tough routine. That makes me feel better! The standing routine is good, tough too. Instead of gentle, should be called calm, but challenging.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith stretching, jessica smith yoga, standing yoga