Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-21, 11:03 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE

Finally getting us started on a new thread. Sorry for the delay. I literally have not turned on my computer since Thursday.

Today I started something new...Beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat. I've had this on my pending to-do list for a while..time to dig in!

I'm also doing the rotation my way so today was Day 3 Upper + Day 1 Lower Body Burn.
These are 30 min workouts so I decided to put two together each day. I also am doing them slightly out of order. I wanted to do Upper first while my arms were still strong. LOVE the isolation work...working just one side at a time. Also slower pace = heavier lifting. I lifted much heavier than Megan Davies. She is a fine instructor. I have never done any of her workouts before.

Lower was very good too and again I used much heavier weights to get the challenge I need/want. I really like the slightly slower pace.

In between each set is jumproping with the BOD ropes. Don't have those so did air ropes.

Happy 2021. How fierce will you be this year?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:38 PM  
Mickey12

Jules Jillian Michaels workouts kill me every time I do them so I can understand why you're sore! I don't know what it is about her because her workouts aren't crazy long. Although, I haven't done a Jillian workout in over a year according to my 2020 logs. I was doing a lot more Cathe last year so maybe I should try a Jillian now to see how it feels.

I never tried cross country skiing but I think I would really like that.

Kate thanks for starting the 2021 thread. I was hoping things were ok with you. I hope you were busy with fun things and that's why you didn't turn on your computer for so long.

I did a sample workout of Muscle Burns Fat with Megan back in the summer when her program first came out. It was ok to me. I'm sort of tired of drill based cardio and would love to see more choreographed stuff in the future. I've got plenty of older workouts to fill that need though. I know you will have fun with it!
Old 01-04-21, 02:18 PM  
Malinda

Happy New Year, FitChicks!!!

Hi girls!

I am so sorry for being MIA. I have a hard time with the holidays because my routines are disrupted. I hate being such a creature of habit, but that is how I keep myself mentally healthy. This year there was minimal holiday disruption, but just enough to get me a bit off-balance when coupled with DH's surgeries and my own bulging disc in my back deciding to act up.

DH's shoulder is recovering unbelievably well. He's been walking for cardio, and started riding his road bike again (set up on a trainer in the workout room). He thinks he'll be ready to run again very soon. We are so thankful!

I had some injections last week to try to settle my back down, and they helped a lot. I think I aggravated it doing a move in 6 Weeks of the Work -- I'm afraid that the clean and press is a move I should skip from now on.

I decided to put all of my workouts in a spreadsheet instead of keeping the paper calendars I have. I started logging in February 2009. It has been a fun trip down memory lane to be going through the logs.

Funny you guys should mention Jillian, because I decided to do a modified Ripped in 30 rotation for January! I started with Level 1 this morning.

I keep meaning to check out the MBF workouts on BBOD. I hope you enjoy them, Kate!

I hope to be much more faithful about posting in the new year. I've been reading everyone's posts, and I certainly appreciate you guys asking about me and DH.

Happy 2021!
Old 01-04-21, 02:21 PM  
Malinda

I meant to ask you guys...

Cathe is having a 25% off sale on her bundles. I am eyeing Ripped with HIIT and ICE. If you had to choose, which one would you select?

I may get both. Or neither. But I consider y'all experts on Cathe workouts!
Old 01-04-21, 08:07 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
I meant to ask you guys...

Cathe is having a 25% off sale on her bundles. I am eyeing Ripped with HIIT and ICE. If you had to choose, which one would you select?

I may get both. Or neither. But I consider y'all experts on Cathe workouts!
Malinda I would post that question in the General Discussion section. You'll get a lot more varied opinions. I have just about every Cathe workout she ever put out (excluding the Lives) but I'm not really an expert because I don't do them a lot, relatively speaking. I would just end up telling you to get both if you can afford it.
Old 01-04-21, 09:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda glad to hear all is well! And those two sets are different from my limited experience as I only have a few of each. What are you hoping the sets will provide?

If you have the LITE set and want something different, get Ripped. If you are wanting something similar to LITE, then get ICE.

NOW, If you just need something new, and can afford both..Get Both

Kate thanks for starting us off! Good luck on your new MBF adventure!

Kim and Jules I am scared of Jillian. Even had a set of hers and as soon as she started yelling/talking, I had to stop. I'm so sensitive to vocal tones. Which is WEIRD since I'm tone deaf!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:07 PM  
Jules

Made it thru Monday - I will sleep well tonight! I did BodyShred: Launch yesterday followed by Yoga 30 for 30: Gentle. This morning I did BodyShred: Rise and then did Ultimate Yogi: Flexibility after work. BodyShred follows Jillian's 3-2-1 method (3 minutes resistance, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute core). Each week features a push circuit, a pull circuit and a cardio day done twice each with 1 rest day. Her cardio days are similar to Insanity. I am thinking I will do whatever cardio I feel like on those days.

Kate: I checked out the preview of Muscle Burns Fat and it looks awesome! I like all the kettlebell-inspired moves. She seems great! Those BOD ropes look like fun too - I am going to put them on my fitness wish list.

Kim: I am not sure what it is about Jillian either but she is tough. Kind of like Insanity Lite.

Malinda: Sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully the pain stays far away. I looked up Ripped in 30 and it is very similar to BodyShred, but 30 days instead of 60.

I LOVE Ripped with HiiT. Definitely one of Cathe's best series IMO. It is advanced and the weight work is intense. I also have ICE and it is great, but it is intermediate. You can up the intensity by lifting heavier and doing the Blizzard Blasts. If I could only purchase one it would be Ripped with HiiT.

Linda: You made me LOL with your Jillian comments. She does tend to yell nonstop but it motivates me. She pokes fun at the cast and I feel like we are all suffering together, but in a good way.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 01:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Mickey: Since I work from home on a computer, there are times during the weekends when I don't even check emails. I just need to unplug.

Malinda: I can SO relate. If my routine gets too messed up I feel out of sorts. I'm glad the holidays are behind us and back to a regular work schedule.
I vote for Ripped with HiiT. ICE was good too but I much prefer RwH. So many options/mixes.

Linda: Although Jillian's workouts are good, I just can't handle her. Too rude, needs to pull up her pants. We just don't click.

Jules: I kind of like the look of those BOD ropes too. I can't use real jump ropes because my ceilings are low and I suck at jumproping. Maybe....

Today I did Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT Extreme Mix 16. That mix adds on the floor cardio again before the stretch. Wish she had a mix that repeated all the cardio sets but I guess I could just do that myself. Hard to stay low impact...I kept wanting to jump so I did a little.

Really good to see everyone! Got any goals this year? That could be the QOTD.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-05-21, 07:08 PM  
Jules

Just checking in quick to say I did BodyCombat 66 this morning. I am having a cup of coffee and then I plan to do Flexibility & Beyond: Spine.

QOTD: My fitness goals for this year are to stay healthy and strong and lose about 15 pounds. I am definitely going to keep practicing yoga since it is helping my tendonitis.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:38 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Good morning!! Amped up and ready for my day! Workouts really keep me going!

Today I did MBF Day 2 Core Circuit + Day 4 Core Circuit. Both the same format..three rounds of cardio and three rounds of core. Really pretty good. None of the cardio was killer but still got my HR way up and sweat pouring. The core work was excellent. Nothing out of the ordinary but I love working my core so probably why I liked it so much.
These two are perfect to put together!

I think my goal for this year is to keep up with my fasting. I got WAY out of whack with the holidays, eating a lot of sugar too. Now I'm back to no carbs and one meal a day. I feel better already! More mentally alert and plenty of energy.

HUGS