Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-26-17, 12:07 PM  
Diana3271

Speed Queen Washer/Dryer

I just read the previous threads about washers/dryers. My washer just bit the dust. I have called the local dealer for Speed Queen. It appears the model that was mentioned in the previous threads is no longer available. All the other models have front load/electronic controls, etc. The basic models are:

Washer: AWN432SP-113TWO4 https://www.speedqueen.com/products/...build-your-own
Dryer: ADE3SRGS173TWO1 https://www.speedqueen.com/products/...build-your-own

So, my question is, is anyone UNHAPPY with their Speed Queen washer/dryer. TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 02:37 PM  
kristinr

I purchased the electronic control Speed Queen washer and dryer (with all the bells and whistles) and I LOVE them!!! The wash and dry time is so quick...I will never go back to front loaders ever again.
kristinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 02:53 PM  
Erica H.

If you want the more basic model and can wait, Amazon carries it.

We bought a Speed Queen washing machine last year (locally, though) and I love it so far.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 07:56 PM  
msu

We bought one a couple of years ago. It was more expensive than the other top loaders that we were looking at, but I has been a fantastic machine, and worth the extra money. I work it from early until late at night most days with little to no break, as we are a family of ten, and it gives us clean loads fast. I would definitely buy it again.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:11 PM  
sillygirl

We've had a Speed Queen washer and dryer for over 4 years now. While I like that they're top-loaders with the agitator and all stainless steel inside, I can't say I'm completely in love. The dryer had a problem squeaking after the first year and then again a year later. There was a plastic disc that would wear down and cause the squeaking. We had it replaced both times and haven't had a problem since. I keep wondering if the disc will wear out again.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:53 PM  
Diana3271

I bought the basic models that I linked. They had them in stock. Both of the sales associates said they give the best service of all the lines they carry. They didn't even try to sell me anything else. Hopefully I will like them. I am concerned about the fitting in the area. We measured and it looks like it will work. I currently have a stacked model. We previously had side by side.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 11:13 AM  
Julier
VF Supporter

I bought the washer (no electronics) last year and LOVE it. Waiting for the current dryer to die before ordering the Speed Queen.
Julier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-17, 08:26 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I got the most expensive front loader they had and greatly regret it. It's the worst machine I've ever owned, and I had the infamous Maytag Neptune. I've never heard anyone complain about the top loaders, however, so I'm sure you will love it.
Old 03-17-17, 06:22 AM  
Jewels5

Are you happy with your Speed Queen washer?

Last summer our washer quit after about 10 years (the bearings went bad and the grease was ruining all of our clothes). We had a front load Whirlpool that I loved, bought a Maytag top load and it's the worst washer I've ever used. The detergent never gets rinsed out even with a second rinse and clothes don't always come out clean! I'm at my whit's end doing double loads of laundry and think we need to replace it. Just happened to come across your post when searching for something else. Thanks!

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 06:50 AM  
sciencelady

I bought the mechanical control top loading washer and a mechanical control dryer also about three years ago. I love them!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washers