Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-17, 11:56 AM  
nckfitheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Serena's a public figure, as are video instructors. You might not like it that people who aren't fans of Serena have posted on this thread, but they are free to state their opinion. Not every thread has to be a love fest.
You're right! Not every thread need/has to be a love fest. I personally tend to stick to the purpose of this forum. When it comes to instructor I try, to the best of my mood, to be as constructive as possible. Instructor look is not what makes me purchase his/her dvds. Competency, professionalism,skills etc....is what is important. You're free to disagree! you are also free to add anything irrelevant!
Old 10-06-17, 02:10 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckfitheart View Post
You're right! Not every thread need/has to be a love fest. I personally tend to stick to the purpose of this forum. When it comes to instructor I try, to the best of my mood, to be as constructive as possible. Instructor look is not what makes me purchase his/her dvds. Competency, professionalism,skills etc....is what is important. You're free to disagree! you are also free to add anything irrelevant!
Some of the posters on this thread do not think much of Serena Williams' professionalism, especially her treatment of young fans.

Re the double standard--maybe some people give male tennis players a bye for lousy on-court behavior. I don't. I watched Connors, McEnroe, and Nastase during the 1970s when they were in their prime. They acted like immature boors.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss workout videos. I like reading people's opinions, positive and negative, of video instructors. In fact, the negative opinions often help me decide whether I would like an instructor's videos or not. I'm very glad that commentary about instructors' physiques and overall appearance are banned.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
Old 10-06-17, 04:36 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I had intended to share some positive news in the athletics world and thought it on target due to this athlete having been body shamed for being too mannish even though she is a success. I do truly enjoy hearing diverse view points, and many people on this thread were able to express their opposing or complex views in a respectful way.

But many (but not all) of those view points expressed by one person on this thread are just antagonistic, designed to bait anger and resistance, and at times complete distortions, and sadly it worked.

Can we just shut this thread down?
Old 10-06-17, 09:33 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I had intended to share some positive news in the athletics world and thought it on target due to this athlete having been body shamed for being too mannish even though she is a success. I do truly enjoy hearing diverse view points, and many people on this thread were able to express their opposing or complex views in a respectful way.

But many (but not all) of those view points expressed by one person on this thread are just antagonistic, designed to bait anger and resistance, and at times complete distortions, and sadly it worked.

Can we just shut this thread down?
I think this thread is good example of the answer to the question from several weeks ago about why people hide in their check ins.