Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-21, 03:56 PM  
donnamp

I'm feeling almost completely normal now - in a way, it is better to get it over with in two days of misery than to feel a bit off for longer.

My DD reacted the way I did - both of us were down for the count yesterday. She is better today - in fact, she bounced back faster than I did. By bedtime last night she was feeling better, but I still had chills and felt feverish on and off. Woke up feeling like I had gotten over the flu, but it is definitely better as the day has gone on.

I'm glad I got it done and I will gladly get booster shots if I need them.

wishiwasinhawaii - I think Pfizer may become available for 12 and over soon.

On the return to work front - we aren't getting much clarity although my boss, in the interview we held on Monday, seemed to indicate that our group would be one of the ones to give up our space and we would just have cubicles for the times we needed to come in. I hope it turns out that way....I would be thrilled to work at home full time!!!

I mean today I wouldn't have gone in if I had to get dressed, drive in, etc. but I was able to stumble to my desk and get some stuff done and then my productivity picked up as I started to feel better. It would have definitely been a full sick day if I had to drive in.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 10:22 PM  
Leonana

I started back to regular exercise again, although with lighter weights. My vaccination interrupted my WS1 rotation, so now I'm kind of meh about it. I think I will start tomorrow with it, it's the Cardio Interval. Today was strength, and I mixed it up with a Fitness by PJ, called Osteoporosis & Osteopenia Workout with Dumbbells [THAT'S NOT LAME!]. Catchy name, lol. It was pretty good, she used a booty band for overhead shoulder work, and I enjoyed it. She said that recent studies showed that band workout does increase bone density.

Pam, sorry to hear about the more painful jab. I was fortunate, both were good. The first was a man, the second a woman.

wishiwasinhawaii, that sounds fun, coming up with your own workout. I just watched a couple of Total Gym videos with Christie Brinkley and Chuck Norris. Chuck has a really nice workout room! It does look good, using the bands. I've also checked out TRX. I can't spend the money and don't have the room, but the bands are intriguing.

Donna, I hope it works out for you to work from home full time. My dd reacted similarly to your dd, she was fine by bedtime the next day. She had Moderna. I had a few days of fatigue, and a couple of days with the sore arm. My muscles have felt weaker for about a week and a half. Still felt a bit weak today, I used lighter weights.
Old 05-05-21, 11:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Just getting ready for bed now, and hope I rest better tonight.

The facility we went to in order to get our vaccines was quite the military operation, with multiple stations for a large volume of people. Now they're accepting walk-ins, along with people who had made appointments. It wasn't very crowded, or no more so than our first time there.

The first guy administering our shots was awesome and you could tell he knew what he was doing. He kind of pinched the skin with thumb and forefinger, so there was some cushion at the top of the arm/shoulder for the needle. He even said we wouldn't feel and thing, and it was done quickly.

When we went again, we got a much younger military guy who had been sitting with another guy who was showing him how to administer the shot. When he was done watching, he'd moved over to our cubicle and we were his first guinea pigs. So, we were most likely the first people he'd given shots to. So, I knew right away with how my arm felt during and after he hadn't mastered the technique, LOL. Anyway, ultimately it's not going to be that big of a deal, I don't think. I'm just feeling the pain much more than the first go around.

Night all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to feeling like my old self, I'm still going to take it easy on the workouts for a few days (not like I ever tax myself anyway!).

Today I did an Ellen mix:

- Quick Tone - which is 15 min of floorwork
- Stretch 360 - which is 15 min of flowy stretching - CS-ish

Pam - how are you feeling today?

Sherry - I know, I'm a bit meh about my workouts now that they have been interrupted by my vaccine. I think Ellen for the rest of the week and then on Monday I'll start something new. I mostly finished WS 1.0 my way. I think I had three workouts left. I sure hope we do end up working from home most of the time.

wishiwasinhawaii - it sounds like fun to mix up the TG workouts on your own!

Waves, Liz...

Donna
Old 05-06-21, 12:42 PM  
Leonana

I did WS1 Cardio Interval today. I think that's where I left off. I always enjoy this one, because it gets my heart rate up doing low impact. I have a hard time with that, since I can't do high impact anymore. I'm feeling the endorphins!

Justina Ercole did a video on how to properly do a single leg romanian deadlift, a turkish get up, and a few long band exercises. I've done the romanian deadlifts with Jessica, but I don't think she has ever had a turkish get up in her routines. Which I'm thankful for, because it looks hard! Justina showed an RDL with the band, and it looked pretty good, I'd like to try it that way. The other move you have to anchor the band on something heavy. That's something I'd like to figure out.

Pam, ours was like a military operation too. I hope the guy is more experienced now at giving the shots! I hope you slept better.

Donna, I'm glad you are back to normal. I still feel a bit of weakness in my muscles, especially on overhead arm moves. Or it could be that I've lost some fitness over the last two weeks. But I'm glad to be exercising again.
Old 05-06-21, 11:59 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I'm checking in and still doing Pahla. I'm finishing up this 31 day segment and I'm going to try something new. I'm getting a bit burnt out with her. Plus just doing Pahla every day makes me a very boring check in buddy! I think I'm on day 25 or 26 so I'm close to breaking out! I don't mean to sound negative, it has been good too. I've enjoyed the short workouts and the balance work but I just need a break.

Pam and Donna, I'm glad to hear you got through your second shots okay and you are feeling better. I'm so glad to have it behind me!

wishiwasinhawaii, I just heard that I may need to go back to work on June 15. That is when California is 'opening up again'! I really don't want to. I'm sure it will be some kind of hybrid situation but I don't want to go at all! Eeeek!

One day at a time, as they say.

Waves to Sherry!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:53 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday I did yardwork, so that counts as my workout for the day. Today was a TG workout and I may do more yardwork later.

Liz, Wow, I can't believe CA is opening up that soon. That seems a bit premature, doesn't it? Things are slowly opening up here, but we still have a mask mandate (thank goodness) and office buildings are still closed. I plan to have another chat with my boss soon about permanent work from home because I really want to get that in place (or find out if it won't be possible) before the state completely opens up.

Donna, It's interesting you found out while doing an interview that you may not have to go back to the office. That's so odd, lol. But I guess it's not surprising these days. There just seems to be a lack of communication. Like I wrote to Liz above, I'm going to bring the permanent WFH idea up with my boss again because I really need to know once and for all if it's possible so I can make other plans.

Sherry, I felt blah about working out after the vaccine too. It took a little over a week to get back into it. Maybe it's just the body's way of telling us to take it easy.

Pam, It sounds like you went to one of the state megasites for your shots? I went to a private healthcare group and the people giving out the shots were nurses.
Old 05-07-21, 10:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Quick check-in for me, today was:

Ellen - Walk w/ Weights - this is on her streaming site and the title says it all. I really enjoy the music on this workout, but it is otherwise unremarkable. Ellen shines more in her fusion style, but if you are looking for a lower key cardio workout this one is pleasant and does have Ellen's upbeat flavor to it.

Yesterday I walked my doggie - short walk.

I think I'm over the COVID-vaccines side effects - yay! Maybe it was good to get it over with in one fell swoop of misery.

Liz - I still like Pahla, but can understand the need to move on. Ugh, June 15th, too soon!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope you can WFH full time. I hope that we can, too. I guess time will tell.

Sherry - I will have to watch those videos!

Pam - how are you feeling?

Like wishiwasinhawii - my shot was at a private healthcare facility - so we had nurses doing the shots, my DH got his at a pharmacy and the pharmacist did his. No complaints, my experience was pretty efficient.

Happy Friday.....

I'm not sure what I want to focus on for May but I think the weekend will be some outdoor walks (weather permitting) and Ellen...and then I'll try to decide what is next!

Donna
Old 05-07-21, 03:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

I finally felt like doing a light workout today. Began with Lee's Qi Gong the Flow Continues (shorter routine) and then added Margaret Richard's Getting Better (Lower Body routine.) In this case, Maggie's workout was quite the challenge, but she kills you with kindness and words of encouragement!

Well, my arm is still sore today, but much less so than the day of my vaccine. Overall, I've felt mostly tired and had no energy but that was due to very little sleep the last four or so nights. Last night was a bit better but I'm still feeling out of it. As far as symptoms, we both had mild temps and overall body aches. The first night of our vaccines DH grabbed my arm and said I was burning up, and I did the same to him. And, it was only the arm that we got the vaccine in and not the other one. Very interesting. I haven't experienced that great deep sleep that some seem to experience after a few days. Or, any sort of burst in energy, either. I wish that were the case, but I can't complain overall.

Donna, so glad you're feeling fine now. It sounds like you had a rougher experience than I did. :-(

Have a good day folks!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

it is dreary today - so I am thinking a walk may not happen, so I did:

Jenny Ford - Basic Step - Zion (this is from her You Tube Channel)

Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Flowing Alignment - she offered a $1 for 21 day special for her streaming site, so I joined up. I have used her stuff before it is mostly Pilates/Yoga fusion blends. This was nice, nothing remarkable, but good beach scenery and a gentle routine.

Pam - I never had the good sleep afterwards and I also never had a feeling of euphoria/energy afterwards. I had my "flu" for 36 hours, it resolved and I felt normal again, but not extraordinary or anything and my sleep has been pretty much the same as always - not great.

At least it is over though!

I'm cautiously optimistic that our team will not be in the office regularly, there is talk about saving money on rent and downsizing office space and they are looking for teams that can donate their space to those who are not able to telework as much. I hope that is the case!!! Fingers crossed. Honestly, for what we do there is no need to be in person. And it saves so much paper b/c all of our files are electronic now.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy