Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-21, 05:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
My second Pfizer really threw me for a loop - fever, chills, aches, pains, headache...the whole nine yards. DD is also quite sick.....

I feel accomplished that I have been able to sit up for the last hour....

eek....

Donna
Oh Donna! I know how you feel. It will get better.

Carol
Old 05-04-21, 07:36 PM  
Leonana

Donna, I’m so sorry you and your dd had a reaction. I hope you both recover soon.
Old 05-05-21, 04:57 AM  
CabCalloway

Donnamp. I hope you all recovered. Your reaction sounded like ours though we had Moderna. It took about 8 hours before the fun began. FWIW, I had similar reactions to the Shingrix shingles shots

My DS is getting his second dose in a week and I'm hoping his reaction will be mild but I'm doubtful since we ( his parents) both got slammed. His half sister is 14 years older and she had symptoms too.

Looking forward to normalcy for all us, yet I'm pretty sure this will turn into an annual shot like the flu to counter variants.
Take care,
CabC
Old 05-05-21, 07:07 AM  
donnamp

Feeling better so far today - just a headache and general malaise.

If I had to go into the office I'd probably take the day off, but I think I can manage to remain upright in front of my computer today.

CabC - I have resisted getting Shingrix b/c I react to just about every vaccine -and I heard that one was nasty even for people who don't have a history of reactions. I also already had shingles...so, I know you can get it again, but what are the chances? I may not want to find out...but I'm not sure I want the vax either. my Shingles case was pretty mild, too, mainly b/c I went to the dr so fast and got the anitvirals started right away. It was definitely brought on by stress. My workplace is a stress factory.

Jeanne Marie - I was scheduled to get J&J the day before it was pulled. By chance, my DD got an appointment for Pfizer, so I cancelled my J&J and went w/ her for the Pfizer. I agree that the chances of a bad outcome from J&J are pretty slim, but i'm still glad I didn't have to worry about it in the end.

hedygs - yes, I looked at it like my body was doing its job. I did drink tons of water before and after, but....well, maybe it would have been worse if I hadn't!

I'm still glad I got the vaccine - having some peace of mind was worth the 36 hours of misery.

Donna
Old 05-05-21, 07:39 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Feeling better so far today - just a headache and general malaise.

CabC - I have resisted getting Shingrix b/c I react to just about every vaccine -and I heard that one was nasty even for people who don't have a history of reactions.
Glad you are feeling better!

My DH has reactions to all vaccines and both Shingrix shots were rough on him (I only had a sore arm), but he's glad he got them.

Erica
Old 05-05-21, 11:17 AM  
Shelbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
I read an article the other day that if you get a swollen lymph node after getting the vaccine, it could mean you've already had Covid.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-suggests.html

This is very interesting; I wonder if there truly is a connection between swollen lymph nodes and previously having COVID.

I just had my 2nd Moderna shot today. We'll see if I have the same problem with the painful swelling nodes this time around...

Best wishes to all of you and yours who are having significant side effects,

Shelbygirl
Old 05-05-21, 12:45 PM  
donnamp

That is interesting, but it could be a normal vaccine side effect as well. My DD had swollen lymph nodes from the meningitis B vaccine...

Donna
Old 05-05-21, 01:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

With my first vaccine I had very mild soreness, so I did some gentle workouts. Yesterday I had my second vaccine from a novice and I was sore during and after the shot. Could not sleep last night or lay on that side at all. Very sore again today and also very tired with very little sleep. Will not do any workouts today and a nap will be in order later. If I didn't have to leave the house, I would crawl in bed right now.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Old 05-05-21, 01:30 PM  
Gams

At the hospital - got my second shot 1 minute ago and so far, so good! LOL
Old 05-05-21, 01:45 PM  
donnamp

Pam - ugh....I hope the soreness goes away soon.

Gams - yay - hope all goes well for you.

Donna
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines