Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-21, 09:32 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I finally went back to my Total Gym schedule. It was nice to get back to working out after taking last week off due to the vaccine and my yardwork.

Donna, Yes, my nephew was offered a job in CA and accepted it. He was offered other jobs nearby, but wants to go out there for some reason. I guess after going to college nearby, maybe he just wants to experience living somewhere else. It is best to do that sort of thing when you're young so there is a part of me that understands it. Good luck with the vaccine today!

Sherry, I bet you're right about the taxes in CA and when my nephew realizes how high they are, he'll come back, although they're high here too but probably not as bad as there. We actually are thinking of going to visit him for Christmas, depending on how things are with COVID by then.

Gotta run to a meeting...have a good day!
Old 05-03-21, 01:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Cathe's LITE Body Weight and Bands! Good stuff for Upper and Lower Body with tubing, loops and stretch band. I skipped a few of the UB exercise to shorten the workout a bit.

Hoping to add some yoga for Lower Body tonight and maybe get a mile walk in later this afternoon!

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 04:37 PM  
Leonana

Today I did house cleaning, so added in a short workout. Jessica's 20 minute Barre workout on you tube, the last one she did. It's slower and more gentle.

After a week of not working out, I had no aches and pains. My PF didn't bother me, nor my glutes or lower back. It's making me rethink what I'm doing. I do know that bent over rows bother my back, but apparently they are good for working the back muscles. I looked for substitutions, and I saw TRX mentioned. I don't think I can install that anywhere, or afford it. But I did see some moves using a band with handles. I think I might sub that move for bent over rows.

Pam, good luck with your vaccine tomorrow.

Donna, my dd will be about five miles away, although different town. The cities run together here. I thought I was okay, but I don't think I'm ready! I guess keeping in touch will be a new normal for us, having to plan it.

wishiwasinhawaii, it's the housing that is so expensive in California. It depends on the area of course, but I think our house would cost three or four times as much there.
Old 05-04-21, 10:21 AM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, the 2nd vaccine really threw me for a loop. Fever, chills, headache, you name it. I have been in bed all day...ugh.

Hopefully I will start to feel better, I feel accomplished that I was able to sit up....so maybe there is hope!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 11:10 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's 6 Mile Mix (Steady Burn walk) with warmup, cooldown and stretch. Not time for anything else before my vaccine! Heading out for my appointment now!

Donna, hope you start to feel better soon! You're scaring me, lol!

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Old 05-04-21, 11:53 AM  
donnamp

Don't worry Pam - my DH was fine...I think it is individual and I have reactions like this to many vaccines. So I'm not really surprised about it.

Donna
Old 05-04-21, 07:53 PM  
Leonana

Today was Goodwill day. No dvds that I was interested in, but there were quite a few on the shelf. I see a lot of Pink Firms and Pilates dvds. I donated some back too. There’s just so much variety on you tube, I never get to the DVD’s. I am keeping a couple of Leslies, the Tai Chi and the Essentric dvds.

Donna, I’m so sorry it knocked you for a loop. I hope you and your dd recover soon. I’m glad your dh is fine.

Pam, crossing my fingers for you!
Old 05-04-21, 11:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Well, the 2nd vaccine was administered by a less experienced guy today! He jabbed the shot in my arm and it was left in for a bit longer this time and he sort of twisted it out of my arm. First time I barely felt a thing, and today my arm has been sore ever since. Just getting ready for bed now, so no other side-effects....yet. We'll see what the dawn brings!

Donna, hope you start feeling back to normal soon and the symptoms aren't long lasting!

I did some gentle Qi Gong when I got home, just to relax my arm/body. Hope that helps me somewhat.

DH and I played a Star Wars board game this evening, which was fun!

Goodnight all!

April Focus:
Old 05-05-21, 06:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling more normal this morning - still a bit off, headache and just general malaise but better than yesterday. it was like having the flu for 36 hours.

I'm going to work today- if I had to go in the office I'd probably take another day off, but I could probably manage to sit upright in front of my computer at home today.

Pam - wow, it sounds like the guy giving the shot didn't know how to do it! My first one was administered by a pediatric nurse - she was better than my 2nd one, but the 2nd one wasn't bad. The arm soreness for me was the least of it, needless to say! My arm does get more sore from the flu vaccine than from this one. My DH, on the other hand, said his arm hurt worse.

It is interesting to see how everyone reacts differently.

No workout yet for me - maybe this evening something on the floor, we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-05-21, 03:42 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a Total Gym workout I came up with myself. It's been fun to experiment.

Donna, Sorry to hear you had a reaction, but at least you know it won't last long. How is your DD doing? My niece found out one of her friends has COVID so she's in quarantine now and will go for the test soon. She's too young to get the vaccine--she's only a few months from her 16th birthday. I had a discussion with my boss about returning to the office. She said she heard we have to go back after Labor Day so I told her I'm not going back! She seemed shocked and then said we shouldn't discuss it now since it's too far off. Haha.

Pam, It seems like the placement of the shot has a lot to do with if it hurts or not. At least that seems to be my experience.

Sherry, I'm feeling the same way about DVDs lately. There's so much on youtube that I could never watch all of it!

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy