Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-21, 07:29 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I have a ton of yardwork to do today but I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit before I head out there. We're still having crazy wind since yesterday so I'm waiting for that to calm down as well. I'll resume my workouts tomorrow.

Sherry, I have fully recovered from the vaccine--yay! As you said, it took 5 days to feel back to normal.

Pam, I haven't done any workouts since Monday when I got the vaccine, but I've been checking out Rosalie Brown's youtube channel and she has some great TG workouts that I want to try!

Donna, Glad to hear you didn't see the Addams Family! My brother has a dog that is a year old (today is her birthday!) and she barks at almost every dog she sees, as well as any type of truck. She really hates trucks for some reason, lol.

Liz, I really need to get a haircut, since the last time I went was February 2020! Now that I'm vaccinated, I plan to wait until the immunity kicks in and then I'm going to go. My nephew's college graduation is in a couple of weeks and I want to look decent in the photos!

Have a good day!
Old 05-01-21, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was scheduled to be lower body, so I did:

Caroline Jordan - Hip, Butt and Thighs Mini Loop Band - this was very PT inspired. You use the mini loop band around your knees or ankles for a variety of exercises:

Monster Walks
Squat
Deadlift
A step back type move

You repeat that standing series 4X, then you go to the floor for

Bridges
Bridges w/ outer thigh
Fire Hydrants
Clamshells

You repeat that series 3X and then do a bridge finisher

this would be a great routine to do regularly to help wake up your glutes and hips that get so sleepy from all the sitting we do.

I was thinking that I would keep a mini loop band in my office and do a circuit of these exercises periodically throughout the day.

I also do a Yoga w/ Bird practice, I think she is doing a morning/evening yoga challenge for May. Her stuff is easy to fit in - this morning's was only 5 minutes.

Sherry and wishiwasinhawaii - I'm preparing mentally for a rest week - I get my shot on Monday. Unfortunately, we are also doing interviews for the guy who got fired's position. I have one interview Monday afternoon and two on Friday. I figure I should be well enough on Friday to get through it and Monday, afternoon, the effects won't have hit yet. My work nemesis and I do not see eye to eye on the skill set we need for this position, but that is no surprise and he and I see eye to eye on nothing!

Pam - very windy here, too!

Liz - I forgot to ask - are you seeing any results from Pahla's workouts? I miss her from time to time. She is putting out her May playlist...I will probably work my way through it this month. I did all but one of April's workouts.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. DD and I will be walking today once the wind dies down.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 02:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I decided for May, I'd do a rotation with a lower body focus in mind. So, I'm hoping to do workouts that have more floorwork, along with walking.

Today I did Patricia Friberg's Bottom Line and Core for the first time. She uses a loop around thighs and this is a brief, endurance based workout while working your way up to more challenging exercises. It will be great to begin with! I also added Leslie's Walk Your Belly, Butt and Thighs one mile walk. She uses the band cuff at ankles though not until the 2nd mile.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 04:37 PM  
donnamp

Pam - that sounds like a good plan - I think doing more lower body floorwork would be a good thing for me as well.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for May, I think I'll wait to see how I feel after my 2nd vaccine on Monday and go from there.

I'm listening to Pahla B's Q&A, so of course, I want to do her workouts right now, LOL....but I will decide at some point.....

Donna
Old 05-01-21, 06:41 PM  
Leonana

Today was nothing, not even housework. Dh is doing some repairs around the house, so I’m going to postpone cleaning. I hope to start back with WS1 on Monday, but not sure about my energy level.

Dd just told us she is planning on getting an apartment with a girlfriend, and move in on June 1. I knew this day would come, but I’m feeling a bit sad! She is 20, and that’s the age I left home. She might be promoted to supervisor at Starbucks, which is more money. She will still continue with college, but I know it will be more challenging with more hours.

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m glad you are fully recovered.

Donna, I hope the interviews go well and you feel okay.

Pam, a lower body rotation sounds like good preparation for Cathe’s new dvds.
Old 05-01-21, 06:55 PM  
donnamp

Red face

Sherry ((HUGS)) I'm sad about my DD leaving in August for College. I know it is normal and what is supposed to happen, but it still makes me sad - definitely a bittersweet time! I know my DD will be back during breaks and such, but for most of the year she will be living away at school....We can support each other during this time!

it is very strange b/c when you have kids they are pretty much the center of your world - that may sound overly dramatic - but it is true to some extent you plan a lot of things around their lives/schedules/needs, etc. and it is going to be a new adventure to be "on my own" again - well, with DH, too.....

Definitely a new chapter.....

Donna
Old 05-02-21, 10:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm not a parent, but my nephew is graduating from college in a couple of weeks and then is moving to California for a job, and I've been sad about that. As you said, it's normal behavior and we should be happy about that, but it is the end of an era and it's tough that he's going to be so far away. I admit I'm hoping he'll stay there a year and then come back.

Yesterday was beautiful weather so I did yardwork all day. I'm sore from that so no workout today, but I may go out and do a few more things outside if the weather clears up. We've been getting thunderstorms all morning.

Donna, Hope the interviews go well. I didn't start feeling the effects of the second shot until the next afternoon so you should be ok for the Monday interview and recovered by the Friday interview.

Sherry, It's great that your DD got promoted at Starbucks! I've heard they have great benefits. Does she work part-time?

Happy Sunday!
Old 05-02-21, 11:33 AM  
Leonana

Nothing yet today, I didn't sleep well last night. But on a positive note, I couldn't sleep because I was wired up. I guess my energy is fully back. I will try something later today. Maybe, lol. I feel like I've been lazy this week!

Well, I guess I couldn't stay away from GD, lol. The conversations have been so interesting. Donna, thanks for responding to my posts! I know I'm not in the in group, but that's okay. I still enjoy it. Well, until I get upset about something again, lol.

Donna, they are the center of our world. It's funny, how it seems they are more important to us than we are to them! Of course, it was the same way with my parents. The biggest change for me was when she started driving, and going to homeschool classes and getting together with friends without me. Then homeschooling stopped completely. This change isn't as big, since she is pretty independent, even while living at home. I will very much miss not seeing her as often. DH thinks she will be back, because money will definitely be tight.

wishiwasinhawaii, yes she is part time. She has about 20 hours, but would go up to 30, and have a raise. Starbucks does have great benefits, I'm relieved she has good health insurance. Money will still be very tight for her, even with a roommate. Housing costs have gone up a lot here. Still lower than other states, but high for us. Your nephew might come back after a year or two. A lot of people leave California because it's so expensive. But I'm sure he will enjoy it while he's there. Maybe you can use it as an excuse for a California vacation!

On a positive note, I'm thinking of turning her room into my fitness room. I mentioned it to her and she did not look happy. I think it's always supposed to be her room, lol.
Old 05-02-21, 10:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I got a slow start today with neck pain for most of the day. I did get some lower body workouts in, though. Began with Lee's Qi Gong Beginners Flow and (seated exercises) from his Upper Back and Neck DVD. Added Tracie Long's Platinum Senior (Lower Body), Tracey Mallett's Svelte U (Abs and Booty) and lastly Mari Winsor's Buns and Thighs Power Sculpting. This was spread out, with Mallett's and Winsor in the PM, Holden and Long in the AM between doing loads of laundry and other house related work.

It will probably be a slow week for me workout-wise, with my vaccine on Tuesday.

Donna, good luck with your vaccine on Monday!

Have a good week everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sunday was Ellen's new Fat Burning Fusion II - on her streaming site - I really enjoy this one. It is 45 minutes and has good energy- that is the only way to describe it - and that is a very Ellen-ish description, but it works.

DD and I also walked yesterday, it was very warm outside - and we weren't quite used to it so we cut it a bit short.

Today, so far was:

Ellen - Modern interval
Blessful Body/Ky - Pilates for Hip and Low Back tension (You Tube).

I'm getting my vaccine later today - I may follow Ellen's schedule for this week, it is very vaccine friendly. With low key workouts Tuesday and Wed and a day off on Thursday.

My DH had his second shot on Saturday - he had a sore arm and some fatigue yesterday, but nothing major.

wishiwasinhawaii - did your nephew get a job in CA? Hopefully you'll still be able to keep in touch. It is definitely bittersweet when these things happen.

Pam - I hope your neck feels better. Nice mix of workouts!

Sherry - I bet your DD just wants to feel she can come home whenever - I know my DD speak about "getting out of this area" etc, but once she is gone she'll probably feel a bit nostalgic for it. At least I did, when I went away to school.

Waves, Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy