Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-21, 03:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post

Oh, and the PVC tube that Cathe's mat came rolled around could be useful as well! You can use it to train barbell movement patterns, or some kind of DIY project
I bought rubber caps for the ends and have been using it for mobility for me and my husband.

Been a real bonus!

P.S. if anyone else wants to do it the size that worked for me is the 1 and one-fourth inch rubber caps

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 03:42 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I like the Cathe mat just because it's a little thicker. It also has a different relief pattern on the backside that I think is meant to be a little more "grabby"? Or maybe is isn't for any kind of function, just a design element.

With the increase in the Mandala prices, cost isn't even really a reason to pick theirs instead of Cathe's, since they come out very close in cost with shipping. If Cathe gets rid of the coupon, then it might be enough to sway someone to the Mandala mat. The "seconds" mats (when available) are now priced so that the cost plus shipping is just below Cathe's, and the regular mats would be just above Cathe's in price, I think.

The only other difference to consider is if you have a preference for a particular color.

Oh, and the PVC tube that Cathe's mat came rolled around could be useful as well! You can use it to train barbell movement patterns, or some kind of DIY project
Thanks! I am partial to purple! But like the packaging on Cathe's! Idk...analysis paralysis! Haha
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 06:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Thanks! I am partial to purple! But like the packaging on Cathe's! Idk...analysis paralysis! Haha
Let us know if your friend orders!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-27-21, 09:01 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I bought rubber caps for the ends and have been using it for mobility for me and my husband.

Been a real bonus!

P.S. if anyone else wants to do it the size that worked for me is the 1 and one-fourth inch rubber caps
Thanks for the rubber caps deets! What kind of mobility exercises are you doing with a 6ft pole? ... with your husband... inquiring minds.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 09:04 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
I got an email that they received my return round yoga mat today.

UPS returned your yoga mat to us this morning. We're going to send you a new one today, 4/26/21.

The box was pretty ripped up at the one end with 2 - 16" long gashes that exposed the mat and the box was dented in on the one side. The canvas bag inside had a 6 inch slice in it, but the mat was untouched. I can understand why your husband refused it.

I'm glad my DH was home to refuse the package. I should be getting my new yoga mat around this time next week. Fingers cross that my package will arrive intact.
Yeah! Glad that you are closer to getting your mat. It’s so nice and cushiony.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 04-27-21, 09:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Thanks for the rubber caps deets! What kind of mobility exercises are you doing with a 6ft pole? ... with your husband... inquiring minds.
Bahaha!!

Check out stick mobility on YouTube!

Here's a goodie:
https://youtu.be/ZTe_-Em-DHo

Old 04-28-21, 05:00 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Bahaha!!

Check out stick mobility on YouTube!

Here's a goodie:
https://youtu.be/ZTe_-Em-DHo
That looks good. Thanks. Who knew stick mobility was a thing? Not me!

Cathe missed a secondary marketing opportunity by not seeing the beauty in this pole. . She could have thrown in a bonus stick workout for everyone that purchased the mat.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 04-28-21, 05:30 PM  
kristiep

Received my mat last Thursday. It was in great shape on delivery so I was pleased about that. (My husband was at home when it arrived and saw the delivery man. He said, “Another yoga mat?”)

It is terrific! I did some low- and no-impact routines on it, and the cushioning was just what I was looking for.

I would NOT wear shoes on this mat at all. I think they would rip it up quickly. But barefoot workouts should be just fine.

Glad I purchased and would recommend.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 05:50 PM  
difit

UPDATE

Woo-hoo!! I got my mat today It came in perfect condition on delivery. I love it. Just the right amount of cushion. I can't wait to use it when I do my yoga tomorrow.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe equipment, cathe round yoga mat