Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-21, 02:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carol, thanks for the recommendation!

Sherry, my skin isn't quite as oily as it used to be either, and I do moisturize occasionally now. Maybe I'll try that CeraVe at night and continue to use my Basis in the shower in the a.m.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 09:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Question New question - powder manicure

Hi all - I just got my first manicure in literally almost 20 years (and a pedicure, but it had only been a few years for that). I got a powder manicure and I love it so far! The nail tech told me that it could last for almost a month, so I'm excited about that. My question is, can I add my own top coat to make it last longer? And if so, when should I do that - maybe once a week?

Also an update that my skin care routine is still going very well, so thanks again for all of the previous help on that front!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-25-21, 11:29 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I like the Dermedicine products, but I got them on a free trial - the All-in-One is $75, so I don't think I will be purchasing! Can anyone recommend something with similar ingredients that is more affordable?

And one more unrelated thing - the shampoo I liked is no longer available, so I was thinking about switching to Aveeno's Apple Cider shampoo. My hair is very fine and straight, oily (must be washed daily), and I don't have a lot of it; it's also starting to gray. Anyone use and like this shampoo? If you do, any thoughts about the conditioner? I use Dove right now and like it well enough; it's also about half the price, and I go through conditioner more quickly (my fine hair tangles and breaks if I don't use conditioner).
I forgot about your other questions! There are so many retinol products nowadays to choose from. I know the Paula's Choice 1% Retinol is effective, but pricey. TBH, if you are using Differin, I wouldn't bother with Retinol. From what I understand, it's a retinoid and more effective than Retinol. Even though it's targeted for acne, it has some anti-aging benefits. You could add in a niacinimide and/or vitamin C serum. CeraVe, L'Oreal and Neutrogena have vitamin C products. Also, The Inkey List, Good Molecules or The Ordinary. Those three are pretty affordable, and each have niacinimide and vitamin C products.

Regarding shampoo, mine are pricey because I use fragrance free. My favorite when my hair was oily was the Paula's Choice shampoo and conditioner. I follow Abbey Yung's you tube channel. She's young, but has great reviews, and also works out. She did this video on oily hair, and she has an apple cider vinegar rinse recommendation, along with others.

https://youtu.be/-gVfEHhQGgk
Old 04-25-21, 02:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, thanks for your responses!

I realized that the Dermedicine product is more affordable on Amazon at $25, especially since my jar has lasted awhile. I might just finish up what I have, try using their Vitamin C product alone for awhile (alternating 1-2x/week with Differin), and then re-purchase if I need it.

I did buy the Aveeno Apple Cider vinegar shampoo but haven't started using yet - I still have a bit of my Hair Food left.

Anyone have an answer to my powder manicure question?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-25-21, 03:01 PM  
Leonana

Sorry, I'm no help on that one! But at least I bumped you up, lol.
Old 04-25-21, 03:51 PM  
BunnyHop

Just thought I'd check back in with what seems like success.

I've got rosacea, and have been treating it regularly with the Rx from the derm (Soolantra cream). Because of that I've been searching for a way to give my skin a bit of extra cleansing without going overboard. My derm had suggested differin, but that seemed too harsh, so I backed off using it at all.

I've hit on the routine of using a salicylic face wash about once a week, and a bit of weak benzoyl peroxide cream only as needed. Otherwise I just use the Cetaphil foaming anti-redness face wash and the Ocu clear eyelid wash just as usual.

So far so good.
Old 04-25-21, 04:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anna, glad you have found a routine that works for you too!

I still use my Noxzema pads (with salicylic acid) as part of my nighttime cleansing routine, but now I dilute them under water before using. So, I still feel like I'm getting any last bit of makeup residue (the makeup removing cleansing sponges are helping with that too), but now it's probably less harsh.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-25-21, 04:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Anna, glad you have found a routine that works for you too!

I still use my Noxzema pads (with salicylic acid) as part of my nighttime cleansing routine, but now I dilute them under water before using. So, I still feel like I'm getting any last bit of makeup residue (the makeup removing cleansing sponges are helping with that too), but now it's probably less harsh.
Beth, that's a good idea about diluting it a bit. Glad you've found a good solution.
Old 04-25-21, 05:12 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Just thought I'd check back in with what seems like success.

I've got rosacea, and have been treating it regularly with the Rx from the derm (Soolantra cream). Because of that I've been searching for a way to give my skin a bit of extra cleansing without going overboard. My derm had suggested differin, but that seemed too harsh, so I backed off using it at all.

I've hit on the routine of using a salicylic face wash about once a week, and a bit of weak benzoyl peroxide cream only as needed. Otherwise I just use the Cetaphil foaming anti-redness face wash and the Ocu clear eyelid wash just as usual.

So far so good.
That’s great you’ve found solutions. I know rosacea is hard to treat.
Old 05-30-21, 07:44 AM  
Demeris

Spin Brush Hair Dryer for Travel in Europe

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Spin Brush Hair Dryer I can use in Italy or France? I can take my Babyliss hot rollers (right voltage) but not my Conair spin brush hair dryer (wrong voltage).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2021